• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capibara said:
Pinche Willem, que chingue a su madre, hijo de puta.

I had to express that in spanish, hadn't enough words to tell it in English, so I'll say something else. Poor Renault, didn't deserved to die in such coward way, may Willem get what he deserves.

I'm fairly sure "hijo de puta" breaks 2 forum rules...

Which, Spanish and Swearing?
People swear here occasionally, and the former insult is worse anyway.
Granted, most swears are designated at game-breaking bugs, not characters...

Jape: Beware the Ides of March ? Bah ! I am as constant as the Northern Star ! XD

ForzaA & ColossusCrusher: Back to the Poetry ! ;.; I'll ask Arturo to edit it so that it doesn't distract XD

The poem was quite well done. Did you write that yourself?

grayghost said:
The poem was quite well done. Did you write that yourself?

Thank you ! Yes , took an hour or so last night to write it out after a rowdy bunch of Starcraft matches . I'm really no poet , but I'm just trying to get used to meter and rhyme so that I can actually start making better imagery later on .

The Sakura Crown

sakura.jpg

A pleasant crown she wears upon her head,
That nature gave through arbors’ gifts above.
As petals paint her hair both white and red,
I stand transfixed—is this what they call love?

Her sight makes flight; a graceful, peaceful dove,
That finds its home in me through missing rib,
And in my heart it uses like a glove,
To foster passion in that crimson crib.

Until this hour she was more like some sib,
But now in sight of her I find some bliss,
For those blue eyes were truth and were not glib,
To me, my fairest Isabel; A kiss!

But then we find it was not meant to be,
For here comes Grubby with our morning tea!

By Antonio Jimenez

A sonnet ! I thought I'd try it out . The missing rib is a reference to Adam and Eve , obviously , with the nature imagery I thought it would be appropriate . This is the scene when Isabella was painting Antonio in the garden where the trees were dropping Sakura or Cherry Blossom Petals and then Grubby interrupt their kiss XD . Wanted to try it out in Spenser style instead of Shakespeare style since it related more to the Terza Rema of the previous poem .

Last edited:
Clap, clap. Well done. A natural with the quill. Although it is amusing how you bring Antoinio's lighter side in with the last two lines. Serious in love...but not too seriuous. :D

Done ;) , it seems I exceeded a little, sorry about that :eek:o , won't happen again, I promise.

Last edited:
So much to say! I feel like big turning-points are popping up everywhere...

It was interesting to see the King of Spain himself being referred to (if only in passing), he seems to get rather pushed into the background. As for Alvaro, I'm personally holding out for him to have a last-minute change of heart and join the winning team!

I'm surprised at Willem, but then that's lurve baby... Not sure quite where he thinks he's going to go from there though!

And is Tom dead? To be honest, it feels like he's as good as dead now, so I'm not sure how much difference it would make ;)...

Oh and the poetry was certainly a welcome diversion- particularly liked Antonio's, which renewed my wish to see them make a return to the plot!

grayghost: thank you sir XD It was a bit difficult trying to find four words that rhyme especially with a word like rib , but that's what the internet is for !

Capibara: It's quite alright , thank you ^^

DerKaiser: Yes , with the turmoil going on with the Room , more historical characters such as the old Felipe III and his favourite the Duke de Lerma are popping up . Alvaro comes from a family of traitors or at least people with treacherous tendencies even in the future (poor Carlos) so we'll have to see how it turns out . As for Willem , he's a simple soldier . St. Valentine's Day caught up with everyone I think XD . Tom's been dormant for this season so far . Just as Isabella and Antonio have been . My hint just for you is that they will return to activity at the same time . Soon . However , there is that lingering hint about Tom's departure in the Christmas special .. hmm .. You guys will have to find out XD

And thank you for the encouragement ! the poetry was a fun thing to do !

Mettermrck: thank you ! You should share some with us XD . Give us the honour of your meter and rhyme !

comagoosie: Haha , thank you XD You should keep up the practice then who is to say who will best the other and in the end I'll call thee brother !

Throne: Gift is a good way to put it XD I attribute all of this to inspiration from above . Thank you for the encouragement !

Sematary said:
Well I have some good news. I have a long weekend so I should get some reading in. Possibly be caught up soon.

That is good news ! :D I hope you're enjoying it !

Quite the poet, you.

Cherry blossoms...you should really be writing a Japanese AAR you know.

It's always grubby in the way. I like the poems, each reflects their respective character very well.

RGB: I've thought about a Japanese AAR . I have to say it's really tempting .

JimboIX: Thank you ! I was trying to portray that both with the content and with the way they flowed .

U'll join the throng:

To see what you do,
in prose as well as rhyme,
makes me wonder too:
what's he up to NEXT time?

I liked the poetry as well. If you's go for Japan, the possibility for intrigue in the Sakura-mod (included in MM) should be tempting.