• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've always said the same.

If some bloke has some problem with his blood, just bleed him white. :D

I hope this isn't premature but...
Gravestone.jpg

Renault​

So sad :(

"strange black like box attached to the ceiling"

That do be a walkie-talkie :D

Poor Renault, hope he survives. Nice method used by Señora Ortiz, let's hope it works. And also, the Willem doesn't ruin everything.

English Patriot: I wonder if anyone's figured out why the ship is open on the bottom yet XD

ColossusCrusher: +20 points for CC for pointing out the centrifuge method XD

Mettermrck: Well , it's only an accidental thing that Senora Ortiz found out . She's not exactly sure how it works (as with most medicine) . We just sort of lucked out I guess that she found out about it . Quills and Bladders were pretty common back then , but It was the idea of transfusing human blood that people weren't too keen on .

Kurt_Steiner: Haha , perhaps we should try some of that for your madness , Kurt !

comagoosie: that's as dangerous as calling an election ! We'll have to see !

Capibara: Willem's a bit impatient at the moment indeed . But now we have an assassin threatening Madeleine ... hmm ...

Mettermrck said:
Impressive medical methodology there...we're already figuring out the advanced nature of blood in the 17th century. :)

Nothing's impossible for the right people.

-----

So much murderation going on...zomgz.

RGB said:
Nothing's impossible for the right people.

-----

So much murderation going on...zomgz.

Murderation haha . I'll have to remember that one XD

canonized said:
Murderation haha . I'll have to remember that one XD

I got more where that came from.

But yeah, the recent updates have been awfully bloodthristy compared to, say, Christmas. All the nefarious assassination plots unleashed upon our poor heroes at once!

Thanks, I added the +20 points into my signature.
Yay for me! XD

oh dear, so much death...

Poor people, why is canonized always so cruel to you? :(

RGB: ROFL compared to Christmas where we had a bloody stabbing ! That's saying much haha .

ColossusCrusher: I'm flattered ! XD

comagoosie: Haha , we'll dazzle 'em all !

Avernite: I'll have to tone down the sadistic side a little , eh ? XD

No!
Keep the sadism!
It helps us HOI warmongers think! :D

ColossusCrusher said:
No!
Keep the sadism!

ROFL . Silly warmongers . I'll be sure to keep it tight then XD . Not too much , not too little !

canonized said:
Kurt_Steiner: Haha , perhaps we should try some of that for your madness , Kurt !

Redeemercolour.jpg

Clearly you desire purging... A desire I will be happy to fulfill...

Malakev, this is cleary a case for Aid Number 36. Prepare the earplugs.

Earplugs, my lord?

They're for me, just in case thes creams of that heathen distract me from my holy work...

ColossusCrusher said:
No!
Keep the sadism!

Blasphemy! promoting HoI mindset on EU3 forums! :eek:

Also, it's actual sadism? Oh dear... next we're stuck with Goodkind-style descriptions of torture...

Doxy: Maybe I should tell one in Timelines too XD

Kurt_Steiner: I'm sure Peti would enjoy that ! Cure Kurt ! Haha

Avernite: Goodkind ? o_O

RGB said:
Terry Goodkind, writer of interminable overrated fantasy novels and BDSM advocate extraordinaire.

Ahh .. I'm glad I have such a spectrum of debauched readers to let me in on these references XD XD .

canonizedcomagoosie.png

You’ve Been Canonized!: comagoosie​

Good evening and welcome once again ladies and gentlemen to this week’s edition of You’ve Been Canonized! our interview segment here on Timelines where we take a patron author and get to know more about them , their thoughts on Timelines , and about their current AAR or project ! If you’re new to the programme , I’m your host canonized author of Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? and today’s guest is one of our newest friends comagoosie author of The Adventures of Captain Boudewijin Kuijper . Let’s get to the questions !

Part I: ka-mə goo shi
Our guest shares a few things about himself !

canonized: Welcome to our interview ! Could you tell us , firstly , how long have you been on the paradox forums and how long have you been playing AARs ?

comagoosie: I have been one since April 07, but I haven't been posting until October. I didn't really realize that AAR existed until December, so I missed out on a lot good AARs.

canonized: How about your name ? Could you tell us of its origins ?

comagoosie: It was way back in 4th grade. Pokemon was all the rage back then. In Spanish class our teacher told us to create an alien and name it. So went about designing my alien as a Pokemon, named Golem, or along the lines. After creating it I couldn't figure out what to name it, so I named it after what we learned in English, commas! Except I couldn't spell, and I liked mud (goo), and I don't why I had the "she".

canonized: Anything else about yourself we should know about ?

comagoosie: I must say that I am smart and handsome. There is nothing wrong with me other than being Paraddicted!

canonized: What brought you to start reading AARs and eventually start your own ?

comagoosie: Well, hearing about Timelines really first brought me into the AAR forum. Then I scavenged around for narratives, as I don't really enjoy gameplay as much. After reading so many narratives I decided to write my own. All I needed was a motive and uniqueness.

canonized: You're also on the younger side of the writer age spectrum . How do you think that factors into your writing ?

comagoosie: If anything, it is to my advantage. They say the younger you are the faster you learn. Sure the first chapters are rough, but then after them, it is bound to get smoother.

canonized: So which paradox games do you own and what brought you to be interested in those games in particular ?

comagoosie: Right now I only own EU:3 + Nappy, but this is enough to last me a whole year. The anniversary is in 8 days. On my wish list is HOI: Anthology and EU:R. I really like Paradox's games due to the fact that they are addictive with strategic depth and complexity.

canonized: As for the historical context , do you have any affinity for the depth that's found in the games and AARs historically speaking ?

comagoosie: It is a mix. They are historically accurate "things" for a lack of a better word. For instance, the pope's in my AAR have correct names. Names at the time period are correct, according to my research. Then again there might not be a lot of accuracy. I don't know a lot about ships, which I am trying to correct, and my AAR consists of a lot of boats, so don't expect perfection.

canonized: For your first AAR you chose the narrative style , any particular reason ?

comagoosie:
I am a very forgetful person. If I had chosen to do a gameplay, I would of forgotten to take screenshots, which is the basis they stand for. I also want to improve my writing skills, as we do a lot of essays in English class. Then maybe in the future I may bask in the glory of doing a narrative. There is also a small part due to Timelines, since it is my role model.

Part II: Poetry and Artistry
What are this thoughts on Timelines? Let’s find out.

canonized: Speaking of Timelines : what brought you to come join the readers there ?

comagoosie: First it was to follow the crowd, it seemed like everyone was reading Timelines, so I hopped along, not knowing I would be sucked into it. Now I read it because it is for enjoyment and can't wait for each update.

canonized: You also managed to catch up ; the length must have been an issue for you . How did you feel about it ?

comagoosie: "Never give up" is what I used to say to myself. It helps you if set a goal. I did a chapter a night, or more depending on what was going on, and I caught up real fast. Then again it also helps if you can read 700+ words per minute and comprehend 80% of it.

canonized: What were your impressions after catching up ?

comagoosie: Just about the norm. "Wow" is what I say to each and every chapter. It is like you can almost put pieces of the puzzle together, but when you get close, it falls apart. I just hope that this will continue for ever...and...ever....

canonized: It's true what most people say that narratives don't fare so well as gameplay AARs . What is it about Timelines' narrative that appeals to you most ?

comagoosie: The mystery, action, and characters, it is like novel wrote just for me. I also like the interlude; it is something that brings distinctiveness to Timelines. Not to mention it seems to be written with personality.

canonized: About personality , do you think you have an affinity for any character in particular ?

comagoosie: What can I say, I have soft spot for General Grubby. He is a tough man, that is unbreakable and sacrifices for his men. Being the ultimate leader is brutal, but I think that the Grubster is it. No one can bring him down or kill him, despite all efforts. It may seem I have yet another role model.

canonized: One of the things that many readers have always enjoyed is that among the myriad mysteries and undercurrents in the story there's always one or two that they stick to above the others . Did you have anything of that sort ?

comagoosie: Geez, tough question...there are just too many. There seems to be a lot of time traveling going on, which it may seem obvious to us, but to the characters they don't see the signs. There are also a lot of second chances that everyone gets.

canonized: Lastly , any guesses on what the elusive and mysterious Timepiece and Keys are ?

comagoosie: Again going with the norm. They have something to do with time traveling whether anyone likes it or not, as there is undisputable evidence. Yet I have been wrong before.

Part III: The Fate of the Fateful Transport
A few words on comagoosie’s AAR !

canonized: You started off your AAR with the screenshot that inspired it . Tell us a little about the screenshot itself ?

comagoosie: If you look in my sig, I have a link that is to a bug report that I reported. I wanted to do more research to see if it affected anything else. When I was playing a noticed something weird so I took the pic and then posted it on "Strange Screenshots." Basically in a nutshell the screenshot is of a papal ship in the White Sea headed by some admiral. Then someone says that the admiral has a Dutch name. Next an overwhelming response of people said I should write an AAR, so I did.

canonized: Since then you've adapted that screenshot into a story of intrigue and mystery . What kind of preparation did you make in order to write it ?

comagoosie: Honestly, I made a bare-boned outline. The first chapter was off the top of my head and I have gone from there. Since then I have changed the outline nigh every day. But now I think I am going stick with it, as what I have sounds good, and if I don't I am going to get lost, not to mention the readers.

canonized: Your story revolves around the involvement of the Holy See with the current tumultuous going-ons in Burgundy . What is it about these two areas of Europe that you focus on so much ? What is it about them that you enjoy writing about ?

comagoosie: Being Catholic puts a natural interest for me in the Holy See and the papacy. In history there was a lot of pressure put on the pope, and he tried to please everyone, but even when he did the right things, corruptness went on. This is what I am trying to portray in the story. With Burgundy that is because the admiral is from there, but I have no historical background on them, so it might be tough.

canonized: One of the most shocking things about your story to first time readers is that you have a female Cardinal . You keep promising that there's a reasoning behind it and you've hinted to me off camera that not only will it explain how there can be a female Cardinal but also advance the plot significantly ; what kind of re-assurances can you give to your perhaps confused audience ?

comagoosie: keep reading and keep commenting. I may continue this AAR even if I have no comments, but I like the reassurance. I try to put up status reports that try to help break everything down, and make it easier in case you miss something, so I advise everyone to look at those. I can't give it away totally, but I will let everyone in on this. Appearances can be deceiving. And most importantly, don't assume.

canonized: What would you say is your greatest challenge as a new writer ?

comagoosie: How to get readers and to keep them. There is also some competition out there too, you know what I mean.

canonized: What would you say is the reason you're writing this AAR ?

comagoosie: First I was bored and wanted something to do. Then I continued because people wanted me too. Now I do write because I love it!

canonized: Any advice for other new writers out there ?

comagoosie: Don't give up, no matter how many comments people still read an care. And another thing. Think out your AAR, it helps to have preparation behind you.

canonized: Although you've just started this , do you have any plans for any concurrent or future AARs ?

comagoosie: Maybe Spartan narrative for EU3: Rome. hehe. I have plans for this one lasting quite awhile.

canonized: Thank you for being on the programme , comagoosie and I’d like to thank our audience for tuning in once again this week ! Next week’s guest will need some confirmation first so check back in the thread this week to find out who this weekend’s guest will be ! That’s all for You’ve Been Canonized this time , see you next time , and in the meantime , stay tuned for more Timelines ; fair , balanced , and unafraid !