• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
canonized said:
Oh ? What's respectable about him ?

Avernite said:
The Thames thing is of course the reason for being relevant. he also beat the English in many other battles, of course :)

This.

Bah. We were having a bad patch (no disrespect to de Ruyter, of course...he wasn't at fault for being on the wrong side...and the finest traditions of the RN required fine opponents to force their adoption.)

Good interview...again a nice branching out, having a guest interviewer.

Avernite said:
He kicked Frenchies, sailed up the Thames and seized an English flagship, and in general was the best naval leader in Dutch history.

The Thames thing is of course the reason for being relevant. he also beat the English in many other battles, of course :)

Pfff, thats nothing, the French, Spanish, Germans, Irish, Scottish, Welsh Norwegians, Danish, Russians, Zulus and more have beat us in battle, hell, even the Americans have beaten us once or twice..

:p :D ;)

English Patriot said:
Pfff, thats nothing, the French, Spanish, Germans, Irish, Scottish, Welsh Norwegians, Danish, Russians, Zulus and more have beat us in battle, hell, even the Americans have beaten us once or twice..

:p :D ;)

An Englishman with honesty, and modesty. Well I never.

I mean, fair enough about the rest, but admitting defeat by us Irish? Whoa, and the Scots? A bit damaging to your reputation, but I suppose being modest makes up for that.

... Admitting defeat at the hands of the Welsh is rather pathetic though.

I mean, people make fun of France, why!? :rofl:

Nah, I joke. :p

Avernite: Ohhh I see XD

RGB: Ahh I see

Incognitia: Haha a bad patch as you call it . The Dutch did indeed do a pretty decent job for a while .

English Patriot: yes , and we americans are proud of it ! hoorah ! XD XD I tease

Hardstuff: EP's a straight shooter sometimes XD

De Ruyter was a badass. There's a reason that, if I remember correctly, since the 18th century there's always been a Dutch warship named De Ruyter in service. He drove the English Navy mad - even stole King Charles II's brand new flagship from the Thames.

General_BT said:
De Ruyter was a badass. There's a reason that, if I remember correctly, since the 18th century there's always been a Dutch warship named De Ruyter in service. He drove the English Navy mad - even stole King Charles II's brand new flagship from the Thames.
..Then again, we also have "Karel Doorman" ships...and while he was possibly promising,he was certainly a suicidal fool.

General_BT: Hmm .. he does sound like a badass . Perhaps I should give him a cameo of sorts .

ForzaA: ROFL More Dutchmen I have no idea about ! Time to get the wiki out !

Finally I read the most recent chapter. Great one canonized, very heroic defense of Jersualem and terms were more than acceptable for the surrender. I hope we'll see General Grubby back soon ;)

Capibara said:
Finally I read the most recent chapter. Great one canonized, very heroic defense of Jersualem and terms were more than acceptable for the surrender. I hope we'll see General Grubby back soon ;)

It definitely won't be the last we'll see of General Grubby ; after all , the Persians will probably not stop at Jerusalem . Nor will the Turks =)

canonized said:
the Persians will probably not stop at Jerusalem . Nor will the Turks =)

Dun dun dun. What you need is a Santiago Matamoros.

canonized said:
It definitely won't be the last we'll see of General Grubby ; after all , the Persians will probably not stop at Jerusalem . Nor will the Turks =)

They'll be defeated either way and will regret even been born ;)

canonized said:
yea, I don't what I would do if Gen. Grubby died. Maybe cry for a week, but then I would come back and read.

RGB: Colonel Santiago remember ? XD We'll see some more of him later perhaps

Capibara: We shall see !

Throne: A new reader ! And your first post is with us ! We're very honoured ! I hope you do enjoy your stay and please feel free to let us know what you think as you go along !

Comagoosie: Haha well I'm sure he'll stick around at least for battles in Alexandria and what not XD

ForzaA said:
..Then again, we also have "Karel Doorman" ships...and while he was possibly promising,he was certainly a suicidal fool.

Suicidal fools are always the easiest to romanticize. :)

General_BT: I'll have to remember that XD

Throne: Well thank you ! Please do feel free to give us comments about any of the chapters you're reading ; we're always happy to enjoy the thoughts of those who've read the previous chapters !

Just a status report : Working on an update as we speak !

Still trying to see who we can line up for the canonization scheduled for INSTRUMENTALITY it's been a bit of a pickle .

speaking of which , INSTRUMENTALITY will be released as well as the ACA in 2 days so look out for that !

We plan on having another update probably sunday since the monthly publication will keep us busy in between .

Got me with the "Vera Cruz" title. Here I was thinking Mexico and you got me with a play on words. Good job. Funny how history records the deeds of General Grubby as opposed to what really happened, and how that affected how history veiwed him.