• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reply #5: Xmas special part 5:

How dare Taguchi interrupt the possible tender moment between Antonio and Isabella. The nerve. That boy needs to learn to bleed on his own time and quit interrupting when important things are happening.:mad:

Iambic pentameters... Bah... I prefer the real classic stuff...

Vergilius said:
ARMA virumque cano, Troiae qui primus ab oris
Italiam, fato profugus, Laviniaque venit
litora, multum ille et terris iactatus et alto
vi superum saevae memorem Iunonis ob iram;
multa quoque et bello passus, dum conderet urbem,
inferretque deos Latio, genus unde Latinum,
Albanique patres, atque altae moenia Romae.

;) :p

RGB: ahh I see what you mean now XD

Avernite: haha , one Timepiece is male the other is Female ? XD

"But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother (and be joined to his wife), and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh." (Mark 10:6-8)

Maybe that's what it means that the Timepieces are the same yet separate ? Something to ponder about XD

ForzaA: Haha , maybe it shant be very mysterious next update XD

grayghost: hahaha bleed on his own time ! I had to tie him in somewhere and he was the perfect reason to interrupt the great revelation about .. well .. we'll see XD

Murmurandus: Ahh but can you do Homer too ? Gosh Murmy , you're my only belgian so far -- we need more of you !

canonized said:
Murmurandus: Ahh but can you do Homer too ? Gosh Murmy , you're my only belgian so far -- we need more of you !

Oh, if I could only find my schoolbooks back, ... but only in Latin, because I didn't follow Greek... ;)

Oh, and one Belgian makes up for at least five Dutchlanders... :p

Murmurandus said:
Oh, if I could only find my schoolbooks back, ... but only in Latin, because I didn't follow Greek... ;)

Oh, and one Belgian makes up for at least five Dutchlanders... :p

andra moi ennepe mousa, polutropon

There was more, but it looks horrid when written in Latin characters anyhow :p

Sematary: Hooray ! Welcome aboard sir ! Please feel free to leave us comments as you go along ! We'd love to hear what you think !

Murmurandus: ROFL i should have known ! Did you know I represented Belgium in a Model United Nations conference back when I was in High School ? It was great !

Avernite: Then write it in greek letters silly XD I did that in both seasons of timelines already !

comagoosie: ROFL are we talking in coolness or weight-wise ? XD my countrymen are a bit too good in both respects XD

Sematary said:
Thank you canonized. Very well done. I should be done in a few days.

thank you ! I hope you enjoy it !

Just to let you guys know , I will indeed be updating tonight another portion of our Christmas special . It's going on for a bit longer than expected but i'm getting caught up with the story and not everyone has come back from vacation yet and caught up XD . plus for many of you out there , there might be something in the next few updates that you'll recognize .

Part 6, part 6! Antonio and Isabelle and no more interruptions!:D

canonized said:

Murmurandus: ROFL i should have known ! Did you know I represented Belgium in a Model United Nations conference back when I was in High School ? It was great !

Well, no, I didn't know... ;) But I can imagine you couldn't get anything done as Belgium hasn't the best international reputation... ;)

Also I agree, if in Greek than write in Greek. Even if you couldn't read it, it's still beautiful to watch... (like Baywatch in Estonian dubbing...) :D

canonized said:
Just to let you guys know , I will indeed be updating tonight another portion of our Christmas special . It's going on for a bit longer than expected but i'm getting caught up with the story and not everyone has come back from vacation yet and caught up XD . plus for many of you out there , there might be something in the next few updates that you'll recognize .
Meh, who ARE these unspecified people that haven't come back from vacation yet?

Would they please raise their hands?

..see, what ARE you waiting for? :p

grayghost: ROFL ROFL working on it now ! Just had to take a power nap XD

Murmurandus: Hmmm .. a baywatch episode eh ? hmm ...

ForzaA: Haha , VILenin for example ! he hasn't been around yet ! XD

Murmurandus said:
Well, no, I didn't know... ;) But I can imagine you couldn't get anything done as Belgium hasn't the best international reputation... ;)

Also I agree, if in Greek than write in Greek. Even if you couldn't read it, it's still beautiful to watch... (like Baywatch in Estonian dubbing...) :D

I don't know the code for it, though :(

A Timelines Christmas: Part 6

25 December A.D. 2007

Antonio watched the ambulance with a kind of detachment. Hayato, Armitage, and a few others were going to take the paramedics van and the police entourage back to the hospital while the rest of the room stood in horror at the Lobby scene. Well lit with overhanging lamps, the lobby’s traditionalist interior felt like a wooden cage with the bamboo struts along the walls and the glass doorway disappearing into invisibility in the intense atmosphere hemmed in by the walls and floor.

It was a good thing that the lobby was a large room, however, as the crowds of people attending the resort were corralled carefully by the local police but still leaving enough room for most everyone who remained behind to be able to see the blood still stained on the floor trailing outwards into the dark abyss of the night.

The red liquid was still fresh on Antonio’s lavender hued shirt and the silken attire hung on him like his emotions hung on his face: with a tiring weight. The police had already spent the past seven minutes questioning him and Isabella as well as those who had first found them with a heavy battery of questions and they now stood there within the police barricade in the lobby watching the ambulance pull away.

“He’s going to be fine,” a voice ground against the cold air. Antonio turned to the Inspector who was now approaching him once more. “The paramedics say that he lost a lot of blood but most of the wounds were superficial and most of the injury is from having to run up here while bleeding.”

Antonio’s oceanic dark eyes searched for the inspector’s face as he was spoken to but he could only discern a singular look coming his way-- the other eye was covered by an eye patch. “That’s good news…” Antonio said surprised that his own voice lost itself in the cold parchness of the outside wind coming in from the open double doors. The tall figure that approached him was of an imposing frame-- built heavy enough to have been a former soldier, Antonio attempted to remember the man’s name through all the commotion. “Inspector Gray, right?”

“Yes,” the man replied gruffly as he scratched one of his temples with the back end of his pen whilst taking out his pad once more, “a pity we had to meet again under these circumstances, but…”

“I’m sorry,” Antonio interrupted with a bewildered look on his eyes. His voice continued to express his rudderless exasperation, “do I know you from somewhere?” he asked as politely as possible.

“I guess you don’t remember,” Inspector Gray kindly offered as he smiled an experienced grin from one side of his seasoned face to another, “but I was at the Studio Three conference group--”

“Oh yes!” Antonio realized his mistake immediately, “You’re Alexander’s father!”

“That’s right,” the man replied retaining that smile and pocketing his metal pen, “when he told me something happened here I wanted to make sure to be around for him. I was still at the hotel in the local town at the time since I dropped Alexander off and wanted to stay awhile in the country so I thought I‘d lend the local police a hand.”

“We’re certainly glad for your help, sir, and this is definitely not something I was hoping your son would have to experience as his first party with us as a cast member.”

Inspector Gray nodded gravely and lost his friendly demeanor. His face returned to that stone cold etching that better matched the small fissures that lined his visage culminating in the Olympus Mons of that surface in his eye patch. “We followed the light blood trail back and a few more yards down the road we found where the vehicle matching the registration for Rodrigo’s car had crashed off the side of the road.

“Taguchi told us they would be there waiting near one of the big rocks but we didn’t find either of them. It is possible that whoever did this to Taguchi waited for him to get up the road a little bit, attempted to disable him first, failed, and as Taguchi was escaping, decided to go down for the other two. As it is, I’ve got a few men already combing the woods but…” Inspector Gray didn’t need to feign a glance at his notes or looked away for a second. His singular eye met Antonio’s stare without a straight answer, but with the hardened resolve that gave Antonio no doubt that this was a man of caliber.

“I’d like to help with the search,” Antonio said without breaking eye contact. Inspector Gray let out a guttural acknowledgement and a nod.

“You can come with me in the squad car and we’ll meet up with the search party down the road. The rest of my men will stay here and secure the scene until the CSI arrive and start interviewing everyone.”

Antonio nodded once as Inspector Gray turned around and started stepping out towards the double glass doorway. Antonio stepped forward but a tug on his right hand stopped him. His head turned to find Isabella staring back at him. He forgot that this whole incident, her hand had been firmly clasped in his. His face reddened slightly at the suddenly realization of the touch they shared. “I’m coming with you as well,” Isabella said without releasing Antonio’s grip. Antonio turned back to the Inspector who took a second before nodding and then cocked his head to one side to indicate for them to follow.

They were an odd couple sliding out of the doorway; a bloodied young man holding the hand of a kimonoed young woman. Both now had to find the man who had hurt Taguchi and the two other missing boys before those three found each other.

---

“I’m tired of running…” Tom whispered, panting against the chilly air. He was already shivering against the rough tree bark which his back rested upon so much that the wood above him empathized enough to shake along.

“I’m not taking any chances… especially with a guy with a knife,” Rodrigo said bitterly between his teeth as he heaved up Tom’s frame once more from underneath the boy’s left shoulder and tread down the mountainside with him once more. Tom moaned while leaning against Rodrigo’s taller figure-- the pain in his right arm wracked him unbearably as the descending incline forced their journey to be a rough one.

“Why aren’t you heading for the hotel?” Tom asked attempting to distract himself from the pain tickling up his arm.

“The way to the resort above us is a sheer cliff… we’d either need to double back past the guy to get back to the main road to get to the resort or go around the bottom of the cliff and ascend to the road on the other side and go back up the mountain.

Rodrigo’s description was correct-- the hot spring rested at the top of a bell crest where the road followed and a cliff directly underneath the building formed the iris of an eye. Where Rodrigo and Tom were now descending was the right half of the lower eyelid hoping to reach the bottom of the face and then ascend the other end of the lower lid to reach the cresting road.

“What do you think happened to Taguchi?” Tom asked as they braved stick and stone in the dark.

“I don’t know,” Rodrigo admitted but kept walking nonetheless.

“What was it that you had wanted to tell me anyway?” Tom asked not shortly after-- he was hoping conversation would take the edge off of the pain seizing his right arm. For a while, however, Rodrigo would not answer and the only communication Tom received from his friend was the shifting of the other’s shoulders under his arm and the tight pull of Rodrigo’s hand on Tom’s opposite side.

“It can wait…” Rodrigo hesitated.

“We have some guy with a knife who, for all we know, is going to skin us alive as we travel down this mountain path in the dark… I don’t think this is exactly a good time to be holding back…” for some reason Tom slowed his speech down when he said those last few words. The pain was probably overtaking his ability to talk with any stability.

Again there was a short pause. Tom attempted to turn his head to look at Rodrigo’s face but his view was obstructed by the dark sandy locks of Rodrigo’s lowered head. It was only when Tom looked back to the trail that he found his answer. “I know that you’re leaving Timelines, Tom…”

It was Tom’s turn to stay silent as he felt Rodrigo’s grip around him tighten to help him over a particularly large fallen branch. “Rodrigo… I…”

“I know you asked Armitage to kill off your character by the end of Season II,” Rodrigo interrupted almost indicting him. Tom felt uneasy in the arms of his still current colleague.

“He has to…” Tom tried to explain although perhaps the late hour and the seething pain dulled his ability to defend himself, “it’s part of the contract that I can cancel after any of the sea--”

“I know,” Rodrigo cut him off. There was a bitterness in those words that stung Tom more than his loose arm. “But I wanted to find out why you wanted to leave… and maybe give you a few reasons to stay.”

There was more silence and both young men focused on the trail ahead. “What kind of reasons?” Tom dared to ask. He immediately sensed Rodrigo’s head turning his way just a little before focusing back on the ground.

“For one… there’s her.”

“I already know about that…”

“And of course there’s m--”

A crack of a stick behind them silenced both. He was close!

Wonnerful.

You just insist on interrupting important conversations with that silly maniac lark.