• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
RGB said:
He'd have to be, considering how little we as readers know (and of course the story characters even less!)

I'm actually in as much suspense as you all because although i get to read these in advance , i haven't read past the next chapter or so . So I'm eagerly awaiting the next round !

Thought I'd throw a mini bonus out there:

Battle for Jerusalem

schenkhuizenjerusalem.png

Bonus here, bonus there, time to catch up neverwhere... ;)

(Bad rhyming for the win! :D )

it sounds a bit...

overdone. 3k vs 24k and still a complete victory. I thought it was more like 10k vs 15k. ;)

General Grubby is 1337 ;)

(Tho I actually think this never happend in game, this is just Cannonized's fantasy at work :p)

Murmurandus: ROFL , nice try though XD

Avernite: It's 7k vs 24k . The militia were 1k , cavalry 1k , 2000 on the left wing , 3000 on the right wing .

of the 30k Persians only 24k infantry attacked . The 5k cavalry was scouting both on the far side of the Persian river since the Spanish cavalry was there before and on the Jaffa side of Jerusalem trying to scout for a potential envelopment . 1k infantry were occupying Acre

Grubnessul: Yep , Grubby's leet like that XD

Mettermrck said:
Still a good victory, nice to see it mapped out a bit. :)

Yep ! Unfortunately , General Grubby is running out of options . Especially with a port like Acre secured by the Persians and a Turkish fleet on the way , that can only mean one thing ...

So I thought I'd also give another mini-bonus . This time I wanted to show you the inspiration behind Dr. Ueda .

There are two inspirations , actually . First , is Dr. Ueda as a professor of Physics in Japan we get the inspiration from the character Ueda Jiro from one of the best japanese series of all time TRICK .

photo06.jpg

405402528509lzzzzzzzkd9.jpg

WHY DON'T YOU DO YOUR BEST is one of his funniest lines . This is actually the cover of his book in the series AND a book that you can actually purchase , I'm told , as a promotional for the series .

the second inspiration is for the name itself . Ueda Tatsuma is a play on Ueda Tatsuya who happens to be another Japanese artist .

005-p.gif

Why is Ueda's name important ? Let's take a look

In the present story , we have 3 Japanese names so far .

Akanishi (the family name of Hayato descended from Matsumoto in the past)
Taguchi (a central character in Season II)
Ueda (an antagonist professor/agent)

The hint I'll give is that there will be 3 more Japanese names in relation to the present storyline who will be important or semi-important to the progression of the story . And then will be very important during one of the fun bonuses I have planned as a hint to it . I'm sure you're all intelligent enough to figure it out from those clues XD .

Well, look at it like this...
Jafar can flood Jerusalem in humanity, Grubby cannot. Hence, even though he is winning for now, unless he gets reinforced, he will lose.

Case in point: Winter War. The Finns lost, but suffered less casualties. They lost because they had less people, and the Russians were willing to do a Human Wave attack again and again.

canonized said:
The hint I'll give is that there will be 3 more Japanese names in relation to the present storyline who will be important or semi-important to the progression of the story . And then will be very important during one of the fun bonuses I have planned as a hint to it . I'm sure you're all intelligent enough to figure it out from those clues XD .

Hell no! You lost me for sure! ;) :D

me aswell, start making sense again please :p

Has he ever done that?

Only reference I ever truely got was with the goldfinger and co, and he almost had to spell it out :p

Yeah, I have to say that your clue is completely wasted on me! :p

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback! Monday's will be my day so the next bonus chapter will be up then. In the grand Timelines' tradition I've taken to inserting easter egg references into the story, so speak up if you see something. That way I can feel happy about how clever I am :D .

ColossusCrusher: Yes , that's an astute observation . The sheer manpower was the problem . Despite the Spanish having slightly superior troops , Grubby is chronically outnumbered .

Murmurandus: Don't worry it's really not that important just something cool XD I'm just being nerdy . Actually the bonus you'll actually like , but these clues aren't necessary to appreciate the kind of bonus that's coming up later on .

Grubnessul & Avernite: My apologies, mijn hollanders . ;_;

VILenin: Yes yes , please I hope someone picks up on the references , though granted in the same Timelines style , most people might not XD haha . THE BLESSINGS AND CURSES !

Ah, more bonus chapters?

Will there be more Declan? ;)

:D

Hardstuff said:
Ah, more bonus chapters?

Will there be more Declan? ;)

:D

Haha you'll have to take that one up with Mr. Lenin XD

Too many updates that one can read
One has to read it with amazing speed
There is a bonus here or there
that if this I continues, I swear
I'm going to need a prayer
Diagrams come out of the blue
Even when eating your stew
Some things aren't as they appear
They look so strange and queer
But than again it's on the AAR frontier
Man, what a great year​

hum :wacko:
My poem (or whatever it is) has no rhythm but I am just proud I can rhyme :D

comagoosie said:
Too many updates that one can read
One has to read it with amazing speed
There is a bonus here or there
that if this I continues, I swear
I'm going to need a prayer
Diagrams come out of the blue
Even when eating your stew
Some things aren't as they appear
They look so strange and queer
But than again it's on the AAR frontier
Man, what a great year​

hum :wacko:
My poem (or whatever it is) has no rhythm but I am just proud I can rhyme :D

Haha ! No one's written a poem for me before , I'm very flattered ! Thank you ! It's a great honour XD No rhythm but rhyme ? Milton would be so mad with you XD . Let's try terza rema together next time , eh ? XD

Mettermrck: You're almost there ! Keep it up XD and thank you again for your patronage ! Dr. Ueda would be in the 60s I think .