• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Avernite: I'm afraid I haven't seen SG-1 in a long time =( .

comagoosie: Thank you very much for the Christmas Tree XD

ColossusCrusher: LOL I promise this won't be as cheesy .

Grubnessul: It's non-canon and for fun but it should give you insight on the actual story , yes .

Mettermrck: Glad to have you back ! Hope you had a good break !

Very nice interview with Calipha. An Interesting and fresh perspective on things. I had to laugh at his brief comment on Madelaine.:D

grayghost: Haha , you have a fixation on that girl XD

Capibara: thank you , sir !

New Christmas update coming tonight ! Hope you're all having a nice vacation !

canonized said:
Grubnessul: It's non-canon and for fun but it should give you insight on the actual story , yes .

With other words, those people were Antinio and Isabella and they're going to be back and hit on eachother :p

Mettermrck: Hooray ! What did you think ? XD

Grubnessul: Haha , perhaps !!

going to postpone the next part of the Christmas special until tomorrow since a lot of people are still on vacation . Don't want to overdo their reading !

I've just been reading, something long, long overdue on my part it must be said, Director's HistoryPark: Here There Be Dragons.

And it must be said that there are themes and moments I find reminiscent of Timelines. They're by no means the same, so no accusations of plagiarism even if you've read it :cool: just thought I'd mention it.

Incognitia said:
I've just been reading, something long, long overdue on my part it must be said, Director's HistoryPark: Here There Be Dragons.

And it must be said that there are themes and moments I find reminiscent of Timelines. They're by no means the same, so no accusations of plagiarism even if you've read it :cool: just thought I'd mention it.

Ahh I'm afraid I haven't read it XD . Perhaps you could share some of those moments and themes with us :D i'd be interested in hearing !

Well, if you've time for an 81-page AAR, it's to be found here

If not, then a quick summary, as I reach a little way past the halfway point, is the fact that there are two stories interwoven in complex ways.
In Director's work this means events inside and outside VR, and so most of the particularly weird events are explained by this...you have no such excuse :p
Otherwise, where you have the odd reference to some meme or other in the update, he has a book title at the head of his updates, and each is reflected somewhat in the contents of the update.
There were a few other moments, but they're buried in the preceding umpteen pages and I can't find them right now.

Incognitia said:
Well, if you've time for an 81-page AAR, it's to be found here

If not, then a quick summary, as I reach a little way past the halfway point, is the fact that there are two stories interwoven in complex ways.
In Director's work this means events inside and outside VR, and so most of the particularly weird events are explained by this...you have no such excuse :p
Otherwise, where you have the odd reference to some meme or other in the update, he has a book title at the head of his updates, and each is reflected somewhat in the contents of the update.
There were a few other moments, but they're buried in the preceding umpteen pages and I can't find them right now.

Haha , I see . I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with Director's work but it does sound interesting at least . I wish I had more time to read and what not even on vacation . So much to do so little time !

A Timelines Christmas: Part 2

25 December A.D. 2007

“Checkmate,” Jakob said with a relaxed grin on his face.

Sweet shook his head from side to side while still holding up his fingers to his chin. “I was never too good at chess,” the young man admitted as he looked at his defeated position, “that Queen sacrifice was a good one.”

“I haven’t done a smothered mate in a while,” Jakob said with a generous grin, “but you were always better at Pai Sho anyway.”

With one arm resting on his thigh in a fist and the other arm’s elbow on the other knee, Sweet seemed like a combination of Rodin’s Thinker and a shogun of old. The kimonos both wore did not distract from the illusion either and the soft glow of the paper lamp above them gave the chilly evening its desired effect.

“Are you two ever going to get in?” a voice called out. A quick look from both of the young men at the direction of the voice reminded them of the scenic area they had the pleasure of visiting.

A smooth horizon of rocks followed by up growth of bamboo hemmed in the ethereal surface of the hot water. The sound of the flowing spring across miniature waterfalls of stone and hollow bamboo completed the easing atmosphere. Hidden in the steamy fog of the bath, the two older figures of Renault and the elder DeWitt already found themselves a comfortable spot in the therapeutic waters and sat in its deep end like wise guardians. The towels on their heads and their large figures made them both seem like Eastern saints emanating from the vision of the churning waters.

“I’m afraid we’re not so old as to want to get into the waters that fast, uncle,” Jakob mouthed off eliciting a little laugh from everyone all around.

“Don’t make me come out there and get you, young man!” the large figure boomed back but his voice hinted at the relaxing playful nature of the surroundings. “I got you into this job, don’t get ahead of yourself.”

“Speaking of the youth,” Renault grunted comfortably as he eased further down into the water, “where did that Antonio go? I thought I saw him arrive here first after Midnight Mass.”

“He did,” the larger figure in the water said, “but he’s at the lobby-- said he had something to attend to first.”

---

“Are you kidding?” Raul asked incredulously.

“What?” Madeleine shot back with a grin that beamed enough to blind deer.

“You’re going into the water with that?” Raul clarified holding back a condescending squint as he pointed plainly to the yellow and black striped bikini sitting on the low table of the traditional hotel room.

Madeleine face reddened a little but it soon enough puffed up with some indignation. “It’s a designer brand!”

“Of course it is,” Raul was quick to reply, “but that’s not exactly appropriate for an onsen.”

Madeleine walked up towards the sliding doorway that separated her room from the hall where Raul was standing. Grabbing hold of the wooden handle to the door, she glared at him before bursting out in some insane laughter. Raul scrunched up his forehead immediately at the confusing explosion of humour. “It’s not like it’s going to matter to you!” Madeleine shouted suddenly pointing an accusing finger at him. Raul visibly recoiled in surprise. “It’s not like you’ll be seeing any of us!” she added with a terrible grin before slamming the door in his face. “And that’s what you get for peeping into people’s rooms!” she shouted from behind the partition.

“You left your door open!” Raul shouted back before rolling his towel over his shoulder with a huff and storming down the hallway. “Prima donna…” he muttered under his breath.

Madeleine leaned against the sliding partition with her forehead downcast and her grin gone after she heard the young man step away. Her forearm acted as her support against the frame and the rest of her body weighed against it as if all that energy she unloaded left her empty.

“You shouldn’t always be so mean to him,” someone said from behind her. Madeleine started and looked back but, realizing it was only Leyla, sighed and turned around with her back against the doorway careful not to put too much weight on it lest it should break apart.

“He’s an insufferable and arrogant jerk always criticizing me,” Madeleine blurted out as she eased off the door and walked closer to the table where her bikini lay waiting. Her breath, however, lost strength as it spoke that line-- as if she had been saying it too often.

Leyla, for her part, gave her hotel room mate a smile and sat down next to her on the side of the table. “You are a bit outrageous sometimes,” the darker toned one pointed out with an accent of the Eastern Mediterranean that gave her Spanish a particular fluidity.

Madeleine broke out in a guilty smile about it as she continued to stare at her bikini. “I guess so,” she admitted, “but I don’t know what his problem is.”

Leyla shrugged. “Maybe he likes you.”

Madeleine let out a cackle loud enough that Leyla winced visibly. “Don’t be stupid, Leyla,” Madeleine corrected. “Even if that insensitive jerk liked me, I’m too good for him.”

It was Leyla’s turn to let out a chuckle although she held part of it back with the top of her fingers against her own lips. Before she drew Madeleine’s ire, she was quick to point out: “It’s a nice bikini though.”

“Isn’t it?” Madeleine took the bait. “And don’t worry, Leyla, I brought one just for you too!” Leyla blinked and opened her mouth to say something but Madeleine had already risen and gone to their bags. “Just imagine what Zeren will think after he sees you in this,” Madeleine added while rummaging through their bags. It was opportune for Leyla for her room mate did not notice that she was already blushing.

---

Antonio heaved the last of the bags into the room. He took extra care with them, however although his eyes seemed preoccupied in thought.

“Thanks for helping me,” Isabella said as she looked about her hotel room. She took a moment to take in the traditional setting as well as the steamy system of springs below the balcony. After several days of shooting with sooty makeup, this seemed like a paradise.

“It’s no problem,” Antonio said quietly from the other end of the room. “I’d be happy to show you down to the locker rooms too if you’d like.”

“Thank you. Have you been here before?” Isabella asked him while still exploring the bamboo growth all around the grounds.

Antonio hesitated for a few seconds. “Once before a while back. Rodrigo invited me over here for a few days. I was surprised when I found out his family owned this place even though it’s operated locally. It was only a few months ago… during the summer after filming ended.” That same summer that Isabella could not be reached.

Isabella turned around with a gentle smile; the lamplight on her left and the moonlight on her right made her seem like a twilight avatar-- beautiful and graceful simultaneously. “It’s good to see you again,” she said almost enigmatically. Channeling the warmth of the lamp and the mystery of the moon, the statement hit Antonio like an unknown fragrance.

“There was something, actually,” Antonio began, “that I wanted to talk to you about.” Isabella’s attention perked up. “Well,” Antonio continued straightening himself up. He took half a step towards her when the sliding door suddenly had a person standing in its open portal.

“There you are!” someone called out. “Carmen and I have been looking all over for you!” both of the people in the room turned to see Nia’s body entering into the chamber quickly. She gave a small wink to Antonio before grabbing Isabella’s hand. “If you’ll excuse us,” she said as she tugged Isabella towards the door, “we girls are going to prepare ourselves!”
Antonio held up his hand as if to speak but by then both women had already disappeared

:rofl:

They are so much better when their characters are not obscured by the fact that they're all working towards the same purpose ;)

I must agree with Avernite, I really like this facet of the characters. Nice to see the characters from Season 1 again. ;)

Mettermrck: Haha , I'm afraid like his canon counterpart , Raul isn't very good with the charm .

Avernite: Well they *are* on vacation XD

Capibara: Yes , it's very good to see them again . We'll be seeing a lot more of them too !

I see the plot remains very mysterious - and excellent - on season 2 ! It keeps me wondering what the Timepiece is, and also what would be its effects when used !

Having modern chapters by VILenin in the middle of the story is a great idea, BTW. I like the investigation - if only because there I can get some answers to the questions suscitated by the story ! ;)

It feels like the middle of the season, and we're observing the obligatory "day at the beach" episode before the homicidal robots return.

Where's the penguin?