• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
grayghost said:
Response #4: Xmas special part 4:

Really enjoyed your inclusion of the SEELE along with Mr. Woodhouse and Mr. Maccabeus. Now when I comment in EP's AAR, I am going to address him as such.:D

I am curious as to how the accident happened. But I a going to go with my assertion that the man in the dark with shiny object is a beard to build suspense, yet will prove to be innocent and mundane, and perhaps even helpful.

Too many scantily clad women by far. How do you get this stuff by the Moderators.;)

Haha , I call EP Mr. Woodhouse all the time it's great fun ! He is the Rt. Honourable Mr. Woodhouse though when important people are around so be careful haha .

Well the accident ; it's implied that Rodrigo tried to steer clear of whoever it was on the road and crashed down the embankment .

As for the scantily clad women , I hope i didn't do anything wrong ! :eek:

grayghost said:
Actually, what I was saying was merely a play on your name, certainly not a definition of it. I was playing on the "goosie" part of the name, hence silly goose, which if you have not been called that by canonized yet...well, I suppose your lucky, since I have been labled as such many times.:D
:rofl: never thought of that, lucky me ;)
canonized said:
commence the continued poetry ! haha
I am racking my brains to come up with a Iambic Pentameter scheme, gah, how could shakespeare do it :D
grayghost said:
Too many scantily clad women by far. How do you get this stuff by the Moderators.
If you haven't noticed, moderators love this AAR too, why would they close it just for that, think of it as a...bonus :D

comagoosie said:
:rofl: never thought of that, lucky me ;)

If you haven't noticed, moderators love this AAR too, why would they close it just for that, think of it as a...bonus :D

That was merely dripping sarcasm for canonized's benifet.

comagoosie: Haha , well hopefully they do appreciate it XD i wouldn't want to be out of a hobby XD

grayghost: don't be silly geese you two now !

canonizedforzaa.png

You've Been Canonized!: ForzaA​

Good evening everyone and welcome once more to this week’s edition of You’ve Been Canonized! our weekly interview segment here on Timelines where we interview a patron author and get to know more about them , what they think of Timelines , and about any current projects they’re doing ! If you’re new to the programme, I’m your host canonized author of Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? and this week we have one of our newest readers ForzaA who is almost going to talk to us about Beta testing and his work as demi-moderator for the HOI2:DD forums ! ALLEZ CUISINE !

Part I: Our Dutch Scientist
ForzaA shares a little bit about himself with us !

canonized: Thank you for coming on the show ! could you perhaps introduce yourself to our audience first ?

ForzaA: I'm sure for those who care, they already know what I'm about to say, and to those who don't care, well, doesn't matter what I say anyway.
I'm a Dutch poster, registered in 2001 after finding EU1 in a gameshop somewhere.. I guess the graphics on the box intrigued me and the price didn't scare me away. Suffice to say that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship Especially with EU2 coming out not too much later. EU1 wasn't even in the bargain shelf.. I paid the full 45 euros

canonized: When did you first start coming to AARland and reading AARs ?

ForzaA: See, that's why I said you forced me to do my homework

canonized: haha

ForzaA: That would have been in 2003[atleast posting-wise], mostly due to MP AARs, such as Machiavelli (and it's successors) and the singleplayer exploits of some notable multiplayer players.

canonized: As someone who's been here for so long , how would you say your AARland experience has changed for the past four plus years ?

ForzaA: hmmm, well, that's a tough one..I don't think I've experienced the AARland all that much.. It's mostly been a sidedish of sorts to me. Back in '03, it was primarily to add to the enjoyment of the EU2 MP games I was playing, maybe glean a hint here and there. After I stopped playing MP games fanatically, AARland really turned into an 'occasional holiday' of sorts.. Slightly lighter than picking up a book to read, but still mostly going there occasionally in the hopes of finding a nice story to read when I didn't have much to do.

canonized: Do you think that back then , as you mentioned , AARs were more utilitarian - that is that they were more for practical ways of learning how to play than the plethora of creative and truly imaginative works we have now or was it a kind of mix ?

ForzaA: I guess I was setting up for that question, weren't I? In my perception -yes... AARs slightly more gameplay oriented back then. Then again, that might just be because I was mostly looking for those back then, and am now looking more for the story variety. Plus, of course, that nowadays there's a few VERY old games around, that probably only attract story writers for some AAR writing. Gameplay AARs about EU1 or 2, say, probably just wouldn't attract many people anymore, and are thus not so popular.

canonized: What kind of things do you see happening for the future of AARland ?

ForzaA: Hmm, lots of elephants crossing the Alps? More seriously, I guess the amount (or in any case, the share of them) of narrative AARs will steadily keep increasing, bar radical gameplay changes in, say, Rome, or a future game Paradox will develop. Despite writers coming and going, AARland as a community seems pretty constant.

canonized: What kind of AARs and styles appeal to you the most would you say ?

ForzaA: Nowadays, narrative AARs, and judging from the ones I'm currently following (your Timelines, and Jestor's "The Beautiful Girl and the History Class") , I suppose you could say I like the blend of the "here" and the "back then". Although the sample is, admittedly, very small.

Part II: The ForzaA Fan
ForzaA lets us know his thoughts on Timelines !

canonized: When you first started reading Timelines I noticed that you lurked and then when you caught up , you began commenting ; how did you come upon us ?

ForzaA: Good question! (correct answers welcome in my PM box) I'd guess that I noticed the name popping up in the "last posted", and was intrigued by the implied counter-counterfactual in the title.. but don't pin me on that.

canonized: You managed to catch up even though we were already into Season II at the time ; that's a lot of chapters you went through ! How did you manage ; what kept pulling you through ?

ForzaA: Hmm, well, maybe precisely the fact that it already had a substantial amount of reading 'ready' was what convinced me in part to start reading... If I'm reading something, I want to have a bit of a story.. And Timelines certainly didn't fail to deliver a story for my enjoyment. As a bonus.. timetravel just HAS to intrigue scientists, doesn't it?

canonized: Haha , and as a scientist what would be your perspective and reactions so far to the tale ?

ForzaA: Let's put it like this - you probably would've listed me as #1 enemy of the Silent Room... Not for reasons of malice, but more of the "ooh what does this button do"-variety. I must also protest the lack of data on the whole Timepieces and Keys deal... All I get is women in bikinis and the threat of men in bikinis. But as a 'literary device', I would say the Timepieces and Keys serve an excellent purpose; present enough that they keep a 'purpose' to the story (one that the readers might hope get's resolved at some point?), while not forcing the story.

canonized: Haha speaking of bikinis and threats of men in bikinis ; we're currently in the Christmas special cycle -- our first ever . We do a lot of specials and bonuses on Timelines . How does that affect your reading experience ?

ForzaA: To be honest, I prefer the real story. I tend to skip specials and bonuses until later... I usually just skim the interviews, and read/look at/.. the rest mostly to see if there's anything about the main arc in there. (or there's some compelling reason to read anyway, such as the interview with Avernite )

canonized: Haha speaking of Avernite ; you , him and Grubnessul are the resident Dutchmen . Any particular reason the story appeals to so many of you Hollanders ?

ForzaA: I don't think there's any particular reason for THAT, other than that there ARE relatively many Dutchmen on the boards.

canonized: What kind of things would you like to see in the future ? Especially as more of Season II unfolds ?

ForzaA: Surprise! intrigues! plot twists! A little more on the timepieces and/or keys would be nice, too

canonized: Lastly for this section ; you mentioned that you had lots of speculation on the Timepiece and Keys themselves : could you share with us what your current theories are ?

ForzaA: Haha! The perfect question!

The timepieces: Must be the physicist in me , but I'd say we have insufficient data to make a good guess, especially considering time travel is only a theoretical concept
More seriously, in the context of this AAR, I suppose they're some sort of time traveling device (surprise!), temporarily opening some sort of connection between a "now" and a "back then",be that in the same timeline or a parallel, I'm leaning towards parallel; less problems with causality and all. If such is possible (and it would appear that it is in Timelines), I'd imagine it costing quite a lot of energy.. And as you might know, energy is 'easiest' released more or less uncontrolled. Like with nuclear power; we first had the fission bomb, then we had fission power plants. We have fusion weapons, we don't yet have fusion power plants, only experimental reactors. Quite possibly, the 'keys' function as moderators or a containment field. Lacking the keys wouldn't necessarily prevent the timepiece from working, it would certainly be a lot less controlled though.

ForzaA: yes... I prepared that one

Part III: All in a Day’s Work
ForzaA tell us what he can about Beta Testing and some questions on his moderating !

canonized: First off , it's well known that you can't tell us basically anything about being a Beta tester so let's get that out of the way first with what you *can* share with others .

ForzaA: Well, RTFF and RTFM would be a good start, I guess. Insofar as there is any advantage to being a beta tester, it's that you know some things before others do.. On the downside is a lot of 'playing' a game that really IS unplayable (and that's not as in the hyperbole sometimes employed in the various bug/tech support forums) ..And by the time the game gets playable, you've been staring at it so long, that it might well be losing it's appeal.
Fortunately, Paradox games have a long lifespan Be.sides that 'common knowledge', I've been beta testing since Victoria, and have tested for that (and Revolutions), HOI2 (and Doomsday and Armageddon) and EU3 and Napoleon's Ambition.

canonized: How does one get picked to do beta testing ?

ForzaA: Well, that's a simple process of applying when Paradox asks for beta testers (keep an eye on the forums, folks!) ..And ofcourse, you'll have to somehow convince the people over at Paradox that you'd make the best beta tester. Convincing them that you have no social life probably helps (more time to devote to gaming), and sending beer to Stockholm is rumoured to help, too.

canonized: In any acceptable terms you can give , could you perhaps tell the community how the new games you're involved in might bolster or change AARland ?

ForzaA: Well, I think it's safe to say that Rome will see some beta AARs (as every new game, AFAIK) to introduce the game to the public a little... Besides that, nope, can't think of anything I can tell you.

canonized: You are also a forum demi moderator , could you tell those who might not be familiar with you about your current responsibilities ?

ForzaA: Well.. Basically, as a demi-moderator, I'm responsible for keeping an eye on the HOI2 and Doomsday forums, making sure that the rules are followed and that the atmosphere remains positive.

canonized: HOI2 always seems like its own genre . That is to say that CK , Vicky , EU seem to have a kind of connection but HOI2 seems like its own creature ; do you think this is true ?

ForzaA:
In part- certainly.

HOI2 (and HOI, ofcourse) really is a game about WAR, you build your country/economy because of the war, whereas in the other games, if you go to war, you usually go to war in support of building your country/economy.

canonized:
That's an interesting way of putting it ! Wouldn't you also say that a divide also exists between the AARs and communities in HOI2 and the other games ?

ForzaA: Don't know enough about that, the AAR forums aren't part of my responsibility as a demimod, and as such are covered by my "general policy" regarding AARland, in that I don't read all that much.. But I imagine that the 'divide' between HOI(1/2) on one side and the other games on the other extends to the AARs as well, to a degree.

canonized: And lastly, do you have any plans for starting an AAR of your own someday ?

ForzaA: Oh, I come up with plans every now and then, but the problem is usually I can't keep the game interesting for long enough to make a decent AAR out of it.

canonized: Well thank you very much for being with us and thank you to our audience for also being here with us ! I hope you all enjoyed it and please tune in next week when we interview a new friend trekaddict ! Don’t forget that it’s currently the season for the AARLAND CHOICE AWAARDS and please go there and vote and keep us in mind ! That’s all for Timelines this time, see you next time, and in the meantime, stay tuned for more segments; fair, balanced, and unafraid!

:eek:

My guesses on the timepiece were better (especially as I did so with less info) :p

Fascinating interview!

Avernite said:
:eek:

My guesses on the timepiece were better (especially as I did so with less info) :p

Well, I was going to reveal that *sound of door crashing open, followed by some muffled screaming*

There is no Silent Room in Bagdad. Never!
Move along now.

Avernite: haha i'll let the readers decide on that XD

RGB: thank you sir !

ForzaA: Haha , just be careful you don't Disappear when revealing state secrets XD

Mettermrck said:
We have ways of making you read the Christmas special, ForzaA. :mad: :cool:

Could you share your methods on that? I'd like to try too :p

But yeah, this AAR has too few Dutchmen, unlike what canonized is attempting to claim. More Dutchies are needed! ;)

Avernite said:
But yeah, this AAR has too few Dutchmen, unlike what canonized is attempting to claim. More Dutchies are needed! ;)

I must protest! :mad: :D

Mettermrck said:
We have ways of making you read the Christmas special, ForzaA. :mad: :cool:
Where'd you think the bikini references came from? :p
(also, I never said I didn't read it/them :p)

Murmurandus said:
I must protest! :mad: :D
Protest all you want, you should be a Dutchie (damn rebel!)

Mettermrck: thank you for reading :D yeah it was a fun interview XD

Avernite: I would love more Dutchmen :D Now i'm curious what thsee methods are too !

Murmurandus: ROFL ROFL !! And I would LOVE more Belgians too ! represent !

ForzaA: Bah , you're all citizens of the Spanish Netherlands to me XD XD

Okay I apologize for missing the deadline the other day for an update XD something rather strange came up but nothing serious . For those who I've talked to you already know what I'm talking about . I think Frou Frou made an appropriate song for it XD . That's the only hint !

Anyway , A new update will come either tonight or tomorrow !

Elorei said:
I can't believe you were serious about the obligatory onsen episode XD

I can't help but make this thread deliver , dear XD

canonized said:
Okay I apologize for missing the deadline the other day for an update XD something rather strange came up but nothing serious . For those who I've talked to you already know what I'm talking about . I think Frou Frou made an appropriate song for it XD . That's the only hint !

Anyway , A new update will come either tonight or tomorrow !
Oh yes, part one of "You've been ForzaA'd" (censored out of the interview), I suppose?

also: boo! hiss! And that want's me to vote for him in the AARland choice awards (and SPAMS me to do it, too :( must be something american.... :p :p )

ForzaA said:
Oh yes, part one of "You've been ForzaA'd" (censored out of the interview), I suppose?

also: boo! hiss! And that want's me to vote for him in the AARland choice awards (and SPAMS me to do it, too :( must be something american.... :p :p )

Haha , Just trying to encourage the exercise of participation !! You should be a model of participation since you're a demi-mod !