+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 366 FirstFirst ... 238 263 288 313 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 363 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 7307

Thread: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    The puzzle plates have been completed and I wanted to line them up for you . I was hoping someone might solve the puzzle before the end , but since I feel as perhaps I might have been too cryptic and since the next update (which will reveal what the puzzle refers to) is coming up , I thought I'd refresh everyone's memory with some commentary on each .

First plate , as 4th Dimension cleverly pointed out (+15 points to you ) This is from notpron a notoriously difficult internet puzzle . Google it and feel free to waste hours away trying to get forward in levels I think my friends and I managed to get to level 45 or something before it just got too hard for us .

Indeed , I wanted this plate to refer to a puzzle so as to set the mood .

The second plate . As we discussed earlier , the underwater incidences are important including a link to Raul/Pablo from Season II . The choice of actor is also important in this . He's , obviously , found elsewhere in Season III XD

I transitioned away from including the titles to put less stress on the solver . It also went along with the choice of having a blank background .

Gee , I wonder what game that is . I also wonder where I've seen that in Timelines before ..

The interesting thing with this one is that it doesn't have numbers associated to it . The placement of the black dot seems to be in a place that's been mentioned in this season .. and in other seasons .

Hmm .. what's afflicting this man ?

Nice car , don't you think ? Something's off with that lettering , don't you think ?

Hmm .. who is that ? And what does he want ?

Good luck to the solvers hope someone gets it before the next update
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    No clue... Whatsoever... Too complicated... Small brains...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Only thing tahat I notice is that the one with the car is pointing to 007. But that's obvious.
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The letters spell out Trey (dot) Com...but that website takes you to some bloke named Trey Anastasio...no idea.
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by canonized View Post

Good luck to the solvers hope someone gets it before the next update
    It's ok guys. We have a few months to do it, haha.

Honorary Irishman: Marcas Leathanta

"I really don't want to hear anything of you please don't bother me.I ignore U."

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidioemperor View Post
    Whoahoho!
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    No clue... Whatsoever... Too complicated... Small brains...
    Well at least don't let the Dutch get it before you XD

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    Only thing tahat I notice is that the one with the car is pointing to 007. But that's obvious.
    What kind of car is it , do you recognize it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    The letters spell out Trey (dot) Com...but that website takes you to some bloke named Trey Anastasio...no idea.
    Close but no cigar XD

Quote Originally Posted by English Patriot View Post
    Whoahoho!
    har har har XD working on it as we speak actually
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    "If Trey Coom doesn't come home (picture 1) and take a bath (picture 2) right this instant, until he's spotless (picture 3) rather than the dirty green with spots (picture 4), not to forget shaving his hair (picture 5), he'll give his parents such a headache (picture 6) that they might have to reconsider getting him a car (picture 7) with driver (picture 8) for his birthday"

The numbers are obviously the false hints Canonized referred to when he first introduced the puzzle.
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Do you think you could possibly vague it up a little bit!?!
    Fan of the Week 22 February 2010 - Role PlayAAR of the Month March 2014

Indies -The AAR which refuses to sell out. Featured on Weekly AAR Showcase 21 July 2010 (Still writing Episode 4 "A New Hope" - the Flux will be with you)

Marshal Nikolai Fedorovich Vatutin, Chief of Stavka, in Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo Admin thread and Update thread.
    Frederic Burke, son of Edmund Burke, Commerce Minister 1866-1886 and son of Patrice "Bulwark" Burke, Former Chief of Staff of Belgium, Edge of Europe - an interactive AAR of ThunderHawk3
    Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg, Proud Imperialist in Sonderweg oder Anderweg - An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA View Post
    "If Trey Coom doesn't come home (picture 1) and take a bath (picture 2) right this instant, until he's spotless (picture 3) rather than the dirty green with spots (picture 4), not to forget shaving his hair (picture 5), he'll give his parents such a headache (picture 6) that they might have to reconsider getting him a car (picture 7) with driver (picture 8) for his birthday"

The numbers are obviously the false hints Canonized referred to when he first introduced the puzzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davout View Post
    Do you think you could possibly vague it up a little bit!?!
    How about a hint then: only half the numbers are relevant . the last plate contains the key to the numbers XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by canonized View Post
    har har har XD working on it as we speak actually
    That means nothing :P

Post update or it didn't happen! Lawl

Honorary Irishman: Marcas Leathanta

"I really don't want to hear anything of you please don't bother me.I ignore U."

I'm sure that the identity of the man in the last panel is important, but I can't remember who he is...
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

That means nothing :P

Post update or it didn't happen! Lawl
    Soon and very soon XD

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    I'm sure that the identity of the man in the last panel is important, but I can't remember who he is...
    I'm afraid giving that one away would make it too easy at that point XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

You could PM it to me and discount me from the running if I get it...?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020

Black hat guy is Fibonacci. Some of the numbers, but not all, on the frames are Fibonacci numbers (from a series where the sum of the 2 preceding numbers equals the third number) but I haven't had time to try to decode the significance of the different placements of the Fib and non-Fib numbers.

Since when did this become xkcd?

OMG, now I know why the character is called Randall!!!

Indies -The AAR which refuses to sell out. Featured on Weekly AAR Showcase 21 July 2010 (Still writing Episode 4 "A New Hope" - the Flux will be with you)

Marshal Nikolai Fedorovich Vatutin, Chief of Stavka, in Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo Admin thread and Update thread.
    Frederic Burke, son of Edmund Burke, Commerce Minister 1866-1886 and son of Patrice "Bulwark" Burke, Former Chief of Staff of Belgium, Edge of Europe - an interactive AAR of ThunderHawk3
    Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg, Proud Imperialist in Sonderweg oder Anderweg - An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign

I PMed you my solution, Canonized...let's hope it's right...

Is the answer 42?

The cake is a lie?

Trey is Otto Preminger?

Canonized has given me credit and Davout partial credit for figuring it out. Without the Fibonacci clue I would never have been able to do it. Canonized also gave me the green-light to post the solution here.

Here it is, along with my train of thought. Enjoy.

T (1, 1) (L, R)
    R (1, 1) (T, B)
    E (34, 55) (T, B)
    Y (5, 8) (T, B)
    DOT (Back of Head)
    C (8, 13) (L, T)
    O/ Zero (2, 2, 3, 3) (L, T, R, B)
    -Perhaps the double letter means it applies twice...
    M (5, 8) (L, R)

TROOMYCE

DOT is a 'stop'

Fib sequence L/R
    TOM

Fib sequence T/B
    ROYCE
    Assume that the Y goes in Royce, since it's the only thing that makes sense...

Presto!

Puzzle Plates:

Tom.Royce

Isn't Trey Coom also the name of the main interludes character in part 3?

Also, I am still so confused over the relevance of some of the background pics for the puzzle plates.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    right... I wouldn't have figured it out before the next update o.O

Or Kingdom comes, whichever may come first
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

+ Reply to Thread