• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bah, I knew I should have studied Persian >.<

:p

Ahh the Persians .. XD An excellent age old nemesis to Roman Empires . So Romantic !

No pun intended, I presume? :p

No, "Mein" is just the transliteration of من in Persian, which means "my"

Makes sense, when you think about it. Indo-European languages tend to show their greatest similarity in pronouns, after all. ("My" itself just started as a pre-consonant form of "min". :p )

Makes sense, when you think about it. Indo-European languages tend to show their greatest similarity in pronouns, after all. ("My" itself just started as a pre-consonant form of "min". :p )

Hadn't thought of that XD It's interesting the similarities in certain languages . Boyo is boy in Japanese now that I recall o_O Interesting stuff !

And now for something completely different ...

FELLOWLOGO-1.png

YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

It's that time of the year again folks where we'll be inducting a new Fellow into the Tempus Society ! This person has garnered the attention of both the fellows and of AARland in his citizenship and excellent writing . Relatively new to the forum he's already garnered for himself an impressive set of accolades as well as being an energetic contributor and commentator in the community .

Therefore please welcome demokratickid author of Ireland, Ascend! as the newest Fellow in the Tempus Society !

His current AAR is the second installment of his acclaimed series on Ireland and her glory thrilling his readers with a look into what Ireland could have been ! Prolific and an expert in the history book style despite his youth , demokratickid has demonstrated that he is a rising star in the AARland community and his AAR has definitely garnered him a place amongst the Fellowship !

DK himself (as I like to call him at least XD) is a young man ready to advance the cause of AARland and is ready fit for the Tempus Society's philanthropic ideals . His fresh background as a new writer will help to add to the vitality of the Fellows . His personality is sprightly yet respectful and he is ever vigilant for opportunities to serve his friends and colleagues . I am very proud to sponsor him today ! So DK , take a bow and this toast is for you !

First, I would like to thank the academy... Oh wait, wrong awards show! :D

An honor, such as this, appears on these forums so infrequently; it does much joy to my heart to see the uplifting of fellow writAARs. When I am the one being uplifted, it puts my heart to burst. Thank you, canonized, for seeing the merits and my meager scribblings as something worth recognizing. A huge thank you to everyone who has ever read a word of my AARs, I value you beyond comprehension! From the dedicated fan to the lurker, you are my driving force. I do it for you!

As the great Isaac Newton said, "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of Giants..." I doubt there is any other phrase that could characterize my writing better, and there is one man in particular that I would like to thank. Estonianzulu, the stalwart, seven year veteran of these forums, I thank you most especially for my history-book style. Your USA AAR inspired me to write about the politics of a nation, instead of just focusing on the wars and colonizing. I would like to thank Duke of Wellington as well, you unwittingly convinced me to stay here when you thanked me for complementing you on your massive Golden Horde AAR. I shall also thank Lofman, whose Rome AAR The Ilergetan Republic I am a big fan of. You were the first comentAAR on my first AAR, so I thank you for taking the time to view my pathetic pseudo-gameplay dribble.

Not to be left out, I also thank robou (How goes the civil war, BTW? :p), The_Guiscard (I hate to do it, but you deserve a mention... :D), and the multitude of other writAARs and readAARs who had an affect on me. I am forever in your debt. For those whose AARs I've commented on, I hope you continue to write here. It ALL adds to the beauty of these forums.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hadn't thought of that XD It's interesting the similarities in certain languages . Boyo is boy in Japanese now that I recall o_O Interesting stuff !
But Japanese is not an indo european language, so I doubt there is much of a connection (than again, I'm not a linguistic, so a real one should feel free to correct me)

And now for something completely different ...
A man with three buttocks

Firstly congratulations to demokratickid. Well deserved.
And now...

Chapter 18 Schwarzchild (hereinafter the Schwarz)

Then Time: 1582, Renault de Fronsac is in a bustling, burgeoning So Cal. Chinese and Japanese immigrants are flocking in and have even set up a Chinatown in San Fran. Renault is working with the beautiful Carmen, a widow dedicated to helping improve the Indians' lot after her husband's murder during an uprising. Carmen takes Renault to a quarry where Indian workers are maltreated. The head henchman, a German, resists Renault's order to close the quarry, noting that they are strong with the Schwarz. Renault flashes his Lion badge and they reluctantly agree.
10 days later, Renault's 2 floozies and his man servant, Amin, have arrived but the floozies soon depart because Carmen isn't interested in a menage a quatre. Carmen is treating Renault's fleshwounds after a recent encounter with 'bandits', Schwarz men trying to stop Renault's do-gooding. Renault goes to bed. He is woken by the horses' neighs. Amin and Carmen also enter the room. Renault looks down from his window and sees strange men killing the horses...... and eating their flesh. EEP!!!
Now Time: Tom can't sleep. His reflects on his alternate reality world with its fragmented states and being less technologically advanced than the real world. He looks out at the beach and the ocean, and sees a Lion guard relaxing on a chair. The guard's head falls off, and a strange man approaches. Zombies!?!
Game concepts: Carmen ends up being a minor recurring character. She is most competent and straight laced. My only 2 criticism are - since when is 36 old, young canonized. I would jump a 36 year old brunette any day of the week, if only they would stand still. And she never has a shower, from what I have scene. The Schwarz's badness is filled out a bit more. We also learn there was a Great War in the 20th Century, but not as we know it, Jim.
Postmodern in game humour: None that I could see but I stand corrected. (we already did Kit in the Jerusalem summary)
Shower scenes: 36 year olds bath too, you know. Could it have killed you to have had Carmen wash her long dark hair as the water cascaded over her lithe, yet experienced body.

Welcome , dk :D We're glad to have you !

Another great summary of the summary XD

I kind of saw Carmen as more of a motherly figure so that would have been awkward to put her into a shower XD

Plus I never knew you fancied Carmen ! XD I'll remember that for next time .

Welcome , dk :D We're glad to have you !

Another great summary of the summary XD

I kind of saw Carmen as more of a motherly figure so that would have been awkward to put her into a shower XD

Plus I never knew you fancied Carmen ! XD I'll remember that for next time .

As Davout said, try to picture yourself to the older readers you have... 36 can be a good age for some of us...;)

Don't forget Angelina Jolie is almost 34 and a mother. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see her in a shower scene.

As Davout said, try to picture yourself to the older readers you have... 36 can be a good age for some of us...;)

Haha true though you're married old man XD what would the wife say !

Don't forget Angelina Jolie is almost 34 and a mother. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see her in a shower scene.

Haha point taken. Tricia is 32 I think but I always thought of 34 as the upper limit XD

So the Cardinal thought wrong. Persia is on the move, and having given them a load of money, they can now enlist much more support. The Empire of a Thousand nations looks like it is going to hit the Spanish right when they could do without it. Perhaps now Spain IS going to fail to control the world. Rebbellion and invasion... ain't good for the Silent Room.