• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
comagoosie said:
yes I see that the cardinal would wear metal gloves, but why not switch them for leather, or have I forgotten something *tries to remember something which I may or may not remember* :eek:o

Well either way I'm sure there's a point of contact somewhere XD Don't try to make this difficult for me ! XD XD

The tasers work by running a current between 2 points. Because the human body is a poor conductor of electricity, the current is diffused through tissue which overloads the nervous system in the muscles and immobilises the victim.

If the 2 points of the taser hit a metal cuirass, apart from the question of penetration (which the tips aren't strong enough to do) to attach to the cuirass, the metal would be an excellant conductor of electricity so the current would pass quickly and directly from the positive to the negative tips. At best, there might be some diffuse current which may be felt where skin touched metal but it would probably be no stronger than a battery on the tongue, or in this case, since we are talking about a cuirass, applying a battery to the nipple (but enough of Nia).

So it shouldn't disable the target.

Unless he was hit where the cuirass was not. Say, under the guiding dorsal feathers....

I see we've got some Grognards who are picky about How Things Work ;) .

Its readers like that that keep us honest, canonized!

Davout said:
The tasers work by running a current between 2 points. Because the human body is a poor conductor of electricity, the current is diffused through tissue which overloads the nervous system in the muscles and immobilises the victim.

If the 2 points of the taser hit a metal cuirass, apart from the question of penetration (which the tips aren't strong enough to do) to attach to the cuirass, the metal would be an excellant conductor of electricity so the current would pass quickly and directly from the positive to the negative tips. At best, there might be some diffuse current which may be felt where skin touched metal but it would probably be no stronger than a battery on the tongue, or in this case, since we are talking about a cuirass, applying a battery to the nipple (but enough of Nia).

Unless he was hit where the cuirass was not. Say, under the guiding dorsal feathers....
Told you so! :p

TheHyphenated1 said:
I see we've got some Grognards who are picky about How Things Work ;) .

Its readers like that that keep us honest, canonized!
Nope, I am between a buff and Grognard ;)

But I think we should give canonized a rest. I mean if this was any other AAR we wouldn't have noticed. It just happens that if we find even a little nick in this epic AAR, we like to blow it up into something that could give this thread unwanted bad attention from the mods (remember last time)

Last time we annoyed the mods here we spammed the crap out of this topic :p

besides, if we would ignore this types of mistakes Canonized may think he gets away with everything here :D

I wasn't trying to be nitpicky or criticise the narrative. This was just too inviting a target. XD

canonized said:
Well either way I'm sure there's a point of contact somewhere XD Don't try to make this difficult for me ! XD XD

And for the record, I am not a grognard. I still buy Osprey books.

canonized said:
TheExecuter: ROFL what do you have against shower scenes ? XD

I'm a male, single...trying not to fall into lust and the nastier sins that fall out of that...surely you don't wish to continue tempting me with such...lovely...curves?

Ahem...must get back to work before I start fantasizing...
TheExecuter

Could you link us again to the pictures of each character? I remember they were on some earlier pages, but I forgot which ones...
Also, trumped by physics!
Aww Yeah!
Physics FTW!

Davout said:

After watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on Youtube I suppose I'll have to agree . Since I can't go back and change the canon of the story , there is only one other choice . I have to be more clever than my readers XD We'll see in the next coming update how I'll deal with this .

TheHyphenated1: Haha , verily XD

Grubnessul: We'll see how right you are in the next updates XD

Davout: I'll get the last laugh ! I promise XD

TheExecuter: Haha , yes I suppose you're right XD Goes to the original meaning of scandal !

ColossusCrusher: Pictures to each character ? If you mean some of the portraits there were only three that I put up for Antonio , the Panzerkardinal , and Madeleine as I recall . Oh no , four with Rodrigo . Five if you count Tom's RL picture XD

Murmurandus: XD

I always hold, that if the Panzerkardinal was taken down by the Taser, it must have worked, since we all saw him go down XD

It's alright, in the Table of Contents I found links to pictures of each (the actors/actresses). If that's what each one looks like, great. If not, I'll have to find their entry chapter...:(

An interesting tone for the update, very foreboding.

English Patriot said:
I always hold, that if the Panzerkardinal was taken down by the Taser, it must have worked, since we all saw him go down XD

ROFL It's true because canonized said so ! XD I wish

Or perhaps the laws of physics differ slightly in between each alternate universe ... - cough cough - XD XD

ColossusCrusher: I'm afraid you'll have to refresh my memory XD

JimboIX: Thank you , sir XD

canonized said:
After watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on Youtube I suppose I'll have to agree .

Well, if Bill Nye said so... it must be true.

Estonianzulu said:
Well, if Bill Nye said so... it must be true.

I always used to watch him when I was a kid XD always enjoyed science when I was younger . Probably why I love watching mythbusters XD .

I also learned the other day that the sound of Renault's bullwhip is actually a miniature sonic boom since the end is crossin the sound barrier ! Totally didn't know that XD

Anyway , i'm actually working on a new chapter right now XD .

That is cool. Supersonic whips...
In the table of contents on the first page, there are links to the bonuses, some of which have pictures of characters, such as Nia.