+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 366 FirstFirst ... 132 157 182 207 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 257 282 307 332 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 7307

Thread: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    wow, that was one hell of a finale, but still leaving with cliff-hangers. Looking forward to the next season!

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Where was the Star Wars reference?
    I got the Indiana Jones rubbing of the shield reference...
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher
    Where was the Star Wars reference?
    I got the Indiana Jones rubbing of the shield reference...
    Here:
    Quote Originally Posted by canonized
    Willem saw his chance, his body lunged forward as another tremor shook the basin. His left hand grabbed the Timepiece and his right brought his blade to point at the rising German. “It's over Gehirn! I have the high ground!” Willem shouted but another tremor and an explosion muffled his cry.

“You underestimate my--” another set of explosions but this time, emanating from beneath Gehirn. A torrent of scalding steam burst upward as the German cried out in pain falling back into the pit underneath. Glass left and right cracked into a milky way of shards and the ground underneath Willem faltered. Falling to the ground, the precious round object left Willem's hands and traveled down into the fiery pit.
    From Episode three, during the battle between Obi Wan and Anakin, and the picture of Gehrin with the mask is a reference to Darth Vader.
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    haha and so it ends! It's strange seeing the back of Season II, after we talked of it for so long, but an excellent finale! And I'm very much looking forward to finding out how Gehirn survived, and whether our heroes made it out as well!

LET THE INTERSEASON SHOWCASE BEGIN!
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Butbut... what happens now? How does Gehirn get out? Who's that Ghost? What will Rodrigo do with the timepiece he's reclaiming?

You always make more questions with your answers, though your LotR reference was a nice one. Overall a great chapter, but: we want MORE!
    ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Not so much a cliffhanger as well that we need answers (damn you, canonized ).

Yes Star Wars references all over (Geherin falling into a pit of lava anyone? ).

Anyway, we've learned before that timepieces take enormous amounts of energies to be opened/activated. The lava could have activated the timepiece, bringing the group in the Hell in safety. Excellent part with Tom. Would Marcus be his twin sister?

Given what those two did before, this would be the end of Tom, if not he's probably not dead.

Out of curiosity, did you include the dragon's glass before or after we discussed ASIF?
    Last edited by Grubnessul; 22-07-2008 at 20:51.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Europa Universalis 3

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...

Tom shot...wow.

Willem sacrificing himself...wow.

Season two finished without a hint of what the time-piece is...wow.

Onward to season 3...

TheExecuter

Now the timepiece is a spherical object? Interesting that in each season the physical description of it changes...or am I confusing it with the keys...but the keys weren't necessary to open it in hell, or were they?...are they only necessary for the modern one?

...too much...guess I'll have to keep reading like everyone else!
    The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Quote Originally Posted by phargle
    ROFL i have no idea whatsoever .

Capibara: Yep . Going to be very interesting next season too !

robou: Thank you , sir

ColossusCrusher & Capibara: Yes that's right XD

English Patriot: Indeed it is time for the inter-season showcase We're going to have a lot of fun !

Avernite: I'm going to have so much fun with all of those things during the next Season XD . Oh and as for Gehirn getting out , well we do know one thing . blackness set it once more at the end of the season so we can assume as Grubnessul points out later that the thermal energy (which caused all of the lava to immediately solidify into rock) was transferred to the Timepiece and caused another jump .

Grubnessul: Haha no , Marcus would not be . It is implied that the Twin is identical to Tom in appearance although we can't be sure .

TheExecuter: Yep and I hope you enjoyed the whole Christian theme of Evil doing something they think will gain them victory (like shooting at Willem) but only causing their downfall (breaking the idol and thus triggering the failsafe)
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    3 hours later (little did anyone know that I had to stop half-way, internet went out)

Anyways, wow. I knew that Herr Gehirn would live. As the magma cooled when the timepiece hit it. Though Gehirn would be somewhat stuck as his body would be disintegrating, that is if he went in feet first. Though then we will have to know the density of the magma and the temperature (those things do go hand-in-hand.), as those both are critical to how far he would had fallen into the magma. The description that you gave sounded as if he had fallen from a high altitude, which would mean he would have plunged into the magma, killing him instantly or almost. Then there is the fact of how much time had lapsed between when Gehirn had landed and when the timepiece fell. I know this is technical, but I would like to see how he survived, as from where I am sitting it looks impossible.

Not much to say on the interlude, I can say I saw something like this coming.

Though the epiclogue sure had a lot to say.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    3 hours later (little did anyone know that I had to stop half-way, internet went out)

Anyways, wow. I knew that Herr Gehirn would live. As the magma cooled when the timepiece hit it. Though Gehirn would be somewhat stuck as his body would be disintegrating, that is if he went in feet first. Though then we will have to know the density of the magma and the temperature (those things do go hand-in-hand.), as those both are critical to how far he would had fallen into the magma. The description that you gave sounded as if he had fallen from a high altitude, which would mean he would have plunged into the magma, killing him instantly or almost. Then there is the fact of how much time had lapsed between when Gehirn had landed and when the timepiece fell. I know this is technical, but I would like to see how he survived, as from where I am sitting it looks impossible.

Not much to say on the interlude, I can say I saw something like this coming.

Though the epiclogue sure had a lot to say.
    Haha well , there is a floor down there and then another hole that leads further down so he didn't fall directly into the magma into the area where magma was rising to .
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You didn't answer the obsidian question

congrats on taking a chemistry class btw for this update
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Quote Originally Posted by Grubnessul
    You didn't answer the obsidian question

congrats on taking a chemistry class btw for this update
    Haha well you did get me there . Originally I had planned on just making it stone but since you guys mentioned it , I figured it works out considering the volcanic nature of the cavern XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Haha well , there is a floor down there and then another hole that leads further down so he didn't fall directly into the magma into the area where magma was rising to .
    My super technical comment is blown away in one sentence

EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    The moving liquid was now solid rock but something even more terrible gripped him-- a sudden and immediate darkness enveloped his total vision...
    He saw my dear Peti cleaning his shorts (yes, Peti has started to wear shorts... in summer...), for sure. His concept of how to get something cleaned is quite eccentric, so to speak.

Rodrigo raised his gun and shot his old friend Thomas Royce in the back of the head.
    Someone may dislike my following comment, so...

YEAH! Finally someone shot him!

Consider this a mental fart. Too much exposure to Peti's ideas...
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner
    Someone may dislike my following comment, so...

YEAH! Finally someone shot him!
    I'm with you on this one
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    My super technical comment is blown away in one sentence

Haha it's alright XD I was a bit vague about it

Kurt_Steiner & Capibara: haha , people rooting for Tom being finally shot hilarious XD

AlexanderPrimus: Inter-Season showcase time XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

Kurt_Steiner & Capibara: haha , people rooting for Tom being finally shot hilarious XD
    With other words, he's not dead?

Either he's pining for the fjords or the twin from the other world (or whatever lies beyond the timepiece) was shot.
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hey canonized
    I should started reading your epic AAR, now at chapter 9 (i still have about 400 pages to go )
    I really love it, I hope I can actually read it all the way.
    Keep up the good work.

Fan of the week 12/06/10, Thanks trekaddict!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin.Gen
    Hey canonized
    I should started reading your epic AAR, now at chapter 9 (i still have about 400 pages to go )
    I really love it, I hope I can actually read it all the way.
    Keep up the good work.
    Now that we are about to start Interseason you might get a chance to catch up

+ Reply to Thread