+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 366 FirstFirst ... 113 138 163 188 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 238 263 288 313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 7307

Thread: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    yes I see that the cardinal would wear metal gloves, but why not switch them for leather, or have I forgotten something *tries to remember something which I may or may not remember*
    Well either way I'm sure there's a point of contact somewhere XD Don't try to make this difficult for me ! XD XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

The tasers work by running a current between 2 points. Because the human body is a poor conductor of electricity, the current is diffused through tissue which overloads the nervous system in the muscles and immobilises the victim.

If the 2 points of the taser hit a metal cuirass, apart from the question of penetration (which the tips aren't strong enough to do) to attach to the cuirass, the metal would be an excellant conductor of electricity so the current would pass quickly and directly from the positive to the negative tips. At best, there might be some diffuse current which may be felt where skin touched metal but it would probably be no stronger than a battery on the tongue, or in this case, since we are talking about a cuirass, applying a battery to the nipple (but enough of Nia).

So it shouldn't disable the target.

Unless he was hit where the cuirass was not. Say, under the guiding dorsal feathers....
    Fan of the Week 22 February 2010 - Role PlayAAR of the Month March 2014

Indies -The AAR which refuses to sell out. Featured on Weekly AAR Showcase 21 July 2010 (Still writing Episode 4 "A New Hope" - the Flux will be with you)

Marshal Nikolai Fedorovich Vatutin, Chief of Stavka, in Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo Admin thread and Update thread.
    Etienne Burke, son of Frederic Burke, Prime Minister of Belgium during the Great War 1904-1907 and son of Edmund Burke, Commerce Minister 1866-1886 and son of Patrice "Bulwark" Burke, Former Chief of Staff of Belgium, Edge of Europe - an interactive AAR of ThunderHawk3
    Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg, Proud Imperialist in Sonderweg oder Anderweg - An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign

I see we've got some Grognards who are picky about How Things Work .

Its readers like that that keep us honest, canonized!
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Davout
    The tasers work by running a current between 2 points. Because the human body is a poor conductor of electricity, the current is diffused through tissue which overloads the nervous system in the muscles and immobilises the victim.

If the 2 points of the taser hit a metal cuirass, apart from the question of penetration (which the tips aren't strong enough to do) to attach to the cuirass, the metal would be an excellant conductor of electricity so the current would pass quickly and directly from the positive to the negative tips. At best, there might be some diffuse current which may be felt where skin touched metal but it would probably be no stronger than a battery on the tongue, or in this case, since we are talking about a cuirass, applying a battery to the nipple (but enough of Nia).

Unless he was hit where the cuirass was not. Say, under the guiding dorsal feathers....
    Told you so! :P
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHyphenated1
    I see we've got some Grognards who are picky about How Things Work .

Its readers like that that keep us honest, canonized!
    Nope, I am between a buff and Grognard

But I think we should give canonized a rest. I mean if this was any other AAR we wouldn't have noticed. It just happens that if we find even a little nick in this epic AAR, we like to blow it up into something that could give this thread unwanted bad attention from the mods (remember last time)
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Last time we annoyed the mods here we spammed the crap out of this topic

besides, if we would ignore this types of mistakes Canonized may think he gets away with everything here
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I wasn't trying to be nitpicky or criticise the narrative. This was just too inviting a target. XD

Quote Originally Posted by canonized
    Well either way I'm sure there's a point of contact somewhere XD Don't try to make this difficult for me ! XD XD
    And for the record, I am not a grognard. I still buy Osprey books.
    Fan of the Week 22 February 2010 - Role PlayAAR of the Month March 2014

Indies -The AAR which refuses to sell out. Featured on Weekly AAR Showcase 21 July 2010 (Still writing Episode 4 "A New Hope" - the Flux will be with you)

Marshal Nikolai Fedorovich Vatutin, Chief of Stavka, in Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo Admin thread and Update thread.
    Etienne Burke, son of Frederic Burke, Prime Minister of Belgium during the Great War 1904-1907 and son of Edmund Burke, Commerce Minister 1866-1886 and son of Patrice "Bulwark" Burke, Former Chief of Staff of Belgium, Edge of Europe - an interactive AAR of ThunderHawk3
    Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg, Proud Imperialist in Sonderweg oder Anderweg - An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign

Europa Universalis 3

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    TheExecuter: ROFL what do you have against shower scenes ? XD
    I'm a male, single...trying not to fall into lust and the nastier sins that fall out of that...surely you don't wish to continue tempting me with such...lovely...curves?

Ahem...must get back to work before I start fantasizing...
    TheExecuter
    The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Could you link us again to the pictures of each character? I remember they were on some earlier pages, but I forgot which ones...
    Also, trumped by physics!
    Aww Yeah!
    Physics FTW!
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries

And for the record, I am not a grognard. I still buy Osprey books.
    Heh...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

After watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on Youtube I suppose I'll have to agree . Since I can't go back and change the canon of the story , there is only one other choice . I have to be more clever than my readers XD We'll see in the next coming update how I'll deal with this .

TheHyphenated1: Haha , verily XD

Grubnessul: We'll see how right you are in the next updates XD

Davout: I'll get the last laugh ! I promise XD

TheExecuter: Haha , yes I suppose you're right XD Goes to the original meaning of scandal !

ColossusCrusher: Pictures to each character ? If you mean some of the portraits there were only three that I put up for Antonio , the Panzerkardinal , and Madeleine as I recall . Oh no , four with Rodrigo . Five if you count Tom's RL picture XD

Murmurandus: XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I always hold, that if the Panzerkardinal was taken down by the Taser, it must have worked, since we all saw him go down XD
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

It's alright, in the Table of Contents I found links to pictures of each (the actors/actresses). If that's what each one looks like, great. If not, I'll have to find their entry chapter...
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

An interesting tone for the update, very foreboding.
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

Quote Originally Posted by English Patriot
    I always hold, that if the Panzerkardinal was taken down by the Taser, it must have worked, since we all saw him go down XD
    ROFL It's true because canonized said so ! XD I wish

Or perhaps the laws of physics differ slightly in between each alternate universe ... - cough cough - XD XD

ColossusCrusher: I'm afraid you'll have to refresh my memory XD

JimboIX: Thank you , sir XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesGalactic Assault
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    After watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on Youtube I suppose I'll have to agree .
    Well, if Bill Nye said so... it must be true.
    LibrAARian of the EU1 LibrAARy and the EU1 LibrAARy updates
    "Et pour ce devez amer, prisier, loer et honorer touz ceux a qui Dieu donne grace d'eulx trouver en pluseurs bonnes journees d'armes pour la guerre..."

Member; Ahistoric Association
    "The Footsteps of Illustrious Men"-USA; Victoria (AARland Choice Award X3)
    The Ink Well: Advertise your AAR's Use it, Love it
    --- I've been Glorified! and Canonized!

Quote Originally Posted by Estonianzulu
    Well, if Bill Nye said so... it must be true.
    I always used to watch him when I was a kid XD always enjoyed science when I was younger . Probably why I love watching mythbusters XD .

I also learned the other day that the sound of Renault's bullwhip is actually a miniature sonic boom since the end is crossin the sound barrier ! Totally didn't know that XD

Anyway , i'm actually working on a new chapter right now XD .
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    I love mythbusters, the stuff they do is amazing.

And wow, didn't know about the sonic boom and whip, I learned something new today
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

That is cool. Supersonic whips...
    In the table of contents on the first page, there are links to the bonuses, some of which have pictures of characters, such as Nia.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

I really must get around to reading Dante one of these days.

+ Reply to Thread