• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, check the first post.

Great AAR can't wait to see what happens (p.s. what is your army strength?)

likk9922 said:
Those Jews will be crushed like a pair of glasses under Hermann Goering!

:rofl: Nice analogy. Wonder if it actually happened.
More! :cool:

Next post is tommorow, and the secound character will be introduced.

Lekoche Maimai and the Ugandans​

I looked out from my balcony upon Mombasa. It is a beautiful sight, with the great, sparkling Kilindini Harbour dominating the backround. My palace was situated across from the city, behind Tudor Creek. But it was simply the vacation spot for the chairman, a break from the beurocratic pressures of the capital, Nairobi.​
It had been eight years since the last time any enemy had attacked Hebrew Uganda, and we had prospered in peace. Buissness was booming; as was the population, evidenced by the massive construction going on in the city before me and the large expansions I had recently approved on the Harbor.​
I was interrupted from my thoughts by ring of the doorbell. I turned and went back into the palace. It’s not like Versaille, not a grandiose picture of power and ideals. It’s actually not much more than a large house, with threadbare carpets and a few cheap paintings hanging on the walls. I went down the wood staircase and into the foyer. There I was met by a couple of unexpected visitors.​
“General Smith, what a pleasant surprise! Oh, and I see that you’ve brought Ms. Ferraro along, too.”​
“We have no time to chitchat, Chancellor.” said the foreign minister, Sherri Ferraro. She was a short Italian Jew with an extremely heavy accent and a commanding voice. She’s also quite blunt, so I thought that this response was typical.​
“What about you, General?”​
“Lekoche,” said Moses Smith, our Supreme Field Commander, highest ranking general, and my own protégé, “This is serious.”​
“Moses,” I replied, “What’s gotten into you? I’ve never known you to pass up a chance for a cup and coffee and to reminice on old wars.”​
“How about we prepare for new ones.” Sherri cut in.​
“New ones?”​
“Yes,” said Moses, “The Germans.”​
“Well…”, I trailed off, in a manner to suggest that one of them shed a little more light on the subject.​
“That’s all we’ve got. I have already contacted High Rabbi Harold Felix, and he’s making the necessary calls.” Sheri said this with an affirmative tone. She quickly added, “I’ve contacted the U.K. and the U.S. They’ll probably have us working with the allies in no time.”​
I looked at both of their faces; Sheri, solemn and scared; Moses, determined and subdued. I smiled. “I must insist that you come in and have a cup of tea.”​

Last edited:
Well, now they know the germans are coming, lets see what they do about it. What is your current military situation, troop strengths, deployments and so forth?

Excellent. And so the action starts....

Don't worry. All will be told with time.

Ok-

Quick chapter, next will be ready tommorow.

Wolfe- the Misfit

I see nothing but a vast flatness to the North; an endless plain, not a creature in sight. Bleak, sun- bleached and stagnant, the flatness goes for miles. They reflect my fear in the landscape.​
To the South is a city of cement and steel, a fortress which we cannot yet enter. It projects some stability upon the bleak landscape.​
To my East is a city of cloth and wood, hundreds of tents. They temporary, cramped and uncomfortable. They represent all that is left, and with it hopelessness.​
To my West is a road, one solitary road. It snakes far into the distance. I’m not quite sure where it goes, but there is my one form of hope- the chance to move on, away from my pain and dread.​

Please, allow me to shed some light on what I’m talking about here. My past, my present, perhaps a bit part about the future I wish to lead.​
I was born in Königsberg, East Prussia, Germany, in 1926. My name is of no importance. Everyone calls me Wolfe, due to the fact that my face is very wolfish in appearance. The ragged beard and two different colored eyes add to the dimensions of my face, making me a werewolf in the right light.​
I was part of a small, poor Jewish family. My father was a tailor, and I had a brother and a sister. On the horrible night of Kristallnacht, my father’s shop was burned (along with our synagogue) and we fled for our lives. We arrived in Lublin, Poland; and although I was the tender age of 12, my knowledge of the German language and natural subterfuge abilities placed me among the ranks of spies, embedded deep within Germany. It was there I disguised my identity by taking the name Wolfe.​
When Poland fell, the Germans acquired papers revealing my intelligence missions inside of Germany. I managed to stay one step ahead of the SS, and flew through Belgium to France. I stowed away on a boat to Britain, and then gained a position on a passenger cruise to India. I jumped ship in Mombasa, and found a home in a refugee camp many miles inland.​
But I grow restless, and I must move on. I cannot let my experience and skills go unnoticed and unutilized by this government.​

So here I stand, with my pack in hand, slowly starting down this lonely road west, to a hopeful nowhere.​

Really good stuff.
Kick those krauts back to Alexandrian and claim half of Africa for yourself:D

Well, Uganda may well be where hopes are fulfilled provided they're not too ambitious.

Ah, a possible new spymaster. Intrigue and mystery, two hallmarks I very much enjoy. :D

The next post should be up tommorow.
Prepare yourselves, It'll be a long one (by my standards :D )

Very interesting AAR. Hebrew Uganda is probably the most original nation ever! But can i ask what flag do you use?

I was going to use a flag that looked like the Israeli flag but only had one stripe (on top). Then I did the 'flip color' thing so it was orange and black :cool:

But I couldn't figure out how to add it right, so it looks demented in my screenshot.

The Information Trickles In
Lekoche Maimai 2​

“So, Moses, how have you been?” I asked, “It’s been a few months since I saw you last. Is the family all right?”​
“Yes, everyone’s just fine,” he replied hurriedly, “but I must insist that we start planning our defenses.”​
“Nonsense!” I said. “Rommel has just spent a full year in the desert, watching his boys die, fighting the protectors of Europe in their last colonial enclaves. He finally has them where he wants them- held up in Libreville, dying of malaria and awaiting their end at the hands of the evil German Empire. It might be another full year until he comes! Come on, relax.”​
Just then the doorbell rang. I excused myself and went out into the foyer. I opened the door and was greeted by one of the most recognizable faces in all of Uganda- Itxaso Xaparrate, the expatriate better known as Basque Jaques. He stood six- foot- three, and always wore a blood- red beret atop his head. He is a national celebrity, being one of the few Catholics in the country, and having moved here as a general escaping the Spanish Civil War. He’s also a Basque, from Bilbao, which is not something you see every day in this neck of the woods. He is our Head of the Army (logistical head- he’s the one supplying and deploying troops, Moses Smith leads them into battle).​
“Good afternoon, Jaques! What a pleasant surprise! Why don’t we go join Ms. Ferraro and Mr. Smith in the living room? I’ve already got the tea made up.”​
“Sir,” Jaques whispered as he closed the door behind him, “didn’t those two tell you about the war?”​
“Yes, in fact, they did!” Jaques appeared to cringe with the volume of my voice. “Now, I must insist that we go into the living room.”​
The doorbell rang. “I’ll get it, but I must insist that you go and talk with those two. It’s the third door on your left.” Jaques gave me a 'What are you, crazy?' look, but he obediently entered into the living room. I could here the cries of Jaques! as he entered the room and I turned to the door.​
I opened the large oaken doors, and two men, both in full military brass, greeted me. It wasn’t a civil greeting. It sounded like I had opened the door and had discovered a couple of large apes howling at each other.​
They were two more of my ministers, Vladimir Brovsky (my Head of the Navy) and Jomo Kenyatta (of the Air Force). Brovsky is a short, stocky Russian Jew (if you’ve ever seen Seinfeld, think George with a moustache). Kenyatta is a native from Kenya- a very tall, thin man. Both of them together give a great contrast, and it’s quite a sight to see the two screaming their lungs out at each other.​
Brovsky was the first one to address me specifically. “Mr. Maimai, the Germans are coming! We must trade out for some more advanced blueprints for ships!” His thick Russian accent and gruff voice scraped its way to my ears.​
Kenyatta countered his claim. “Ships will be useless against the Germans, they’re all inland! We can bomb their troops before they know what hits them!” His voice is much louder, and very low, with a mild accent.​
“That’s ridiculous! What about the Luftwaffe?”​
“They can bomb your ships. If we invest in an air force, we can build interceptors to shoot them down!”​
“Our planes would be shot to pieces! The Kreigsmarine is miles away.” Brovsky raised a fist, so I decided I had to put an end to this.​
“Shut up!” They two ministers stopped talking and stared at me. “We should go into the living room. We can talk. A few people are already here.” There was a sharp rap on the doorframe.​
“Am I late for the party?” A head, covered in a disheveled lock of gray hair, poked through the opened door.​
“Albert!” I motioned for the other two to go into the living room. “How are you, my old friend?​
I think that everyone knows who Albert Einstein is, and what he looks like. He came to Uganda when the Nazis took power in Germany in ’33. He immediately took a job at the largest center of higher learning in the nation- Kempala University. I had also happened to work there at the time, teaching new recruits the ropes of military leadership. Einstein and I soon became close friends. In 1936, when I took power, I offered him a job as my armaments minister. With the promise of new funding for his eccentric endeavors, he signed on.​
“Have you heard? There’s a war on.”​
“Yes, Germany- a whole bunch of my ministers are already here. I don’t understand, they’re all so panicky. All they want to talk about is war.”​
“What are they, kidding? He has just spent a full year in the desert, watching his boys die, fighting the protectors of Europe in their last colonial enclaves. He finally has them where he wants them- held up in Libreville, dying of malaria and awaiting their end at the hands of the German Empire. It might be another full year until he comes! Those worrywarts ought to relax.”​
“That’s exactly what I said! Let’s go into the living room. I already have the tea ready.”​
He entered the house, and I was just about to close the door when I spotted a car coming up the drive, finally parking in front.​
“Go, Albert; you know where the living room is.” He nodded and headed towards the living room.​
I walked out upon my stoop to greet the figures who came out of the car. Both were tall, large, imposing figures. Both were also Hassidic Jews, with the long black beards, and the curly peyes running down either sides of their neck.​
One of the men was High Rabbi Harold Felix. He is our head of state and spiritual leader. He’s over seventy, but he’s pretty spry for an old guy. The other man was Victor Williams, an American and our Chief of staff. A Harvard graduate, he is as sharp as a tack and well respected around the world.​
“I would like to thank you for coming! Please, step inside. Mr. Williams, go talk to your staff in the living room. I need to have a chat with Mr. Felix.” Victor simply nodded and stepped into the palace. I pulled Harold inside and shut the door.​
“Harold,” I said in a concerned tone, “Have you talked with the British and Americans?”​
“Yes, in fact, that’s exactly why I’m here!” His thick Yiddish accent and fairly weak, tired sounding voice made it nearly impossible to understand him, but I managed. “The Brits hate us.”​
I waited for more. He stayed silent. I looked up, but Harold replied with a shrug. That was it.​
“So… What does this mean for us? What about the Americans?”​
“All it means is that we can’t be expecting help from either any time soon.”​
“No alliance?”​
“No, the Brits hate us. The Americans feel more obligated to fulfill British wishes than ours.”​
I sighed. My hopes had been dashed. The only consolation left for me was that we had time on our side. I motioned to the door. We both entered the palace. I opened the third door on my left, only to be slapped in the face with a blast of sound.​
It was total chaos. Everybody was arguing with everybody. Brovsky and Kenyatta appeared to have been the catalyst, but it was impossible to tell for sure. I couldn’t even hear what they were arguing about over the mishmash of random noise. What was for sure was that I had to put an end to it.​
I simply sat down. I gave my advisors one of those steely, military looks. And with each laser glare I sent, the volume lessened. The room slowly silenced, and all eyes turned on me.​
“Don’t get me wrong,” I said, “I love you all. But my living room is no place to talk of a future war. We have a war room for that, back in Nairobi. Right now, go to Nairobi. Calm down, don’t fret. We’ll be ready when the Germans come. My living room is no place for a cabinet meeting.” It wasn’t the majestic speech that I had wished to make, but everybody silently, solemnly stood and prepared to leave, saying their goodbyes.​
The stagnant silence was broken by the slamming open of the front door. There were frantic, running steps in the foyer. All of my advisors suddenly stood alert. Jaques and Smith both ran their hands down to their belts and put their hands on the triggers of their revolvers.​
A disheveled looking young Hassidim burst through the door into my living room. His black slacks and suit were dusty, almost to the point of having completely changed color. His beard and long, curly, black hair was also coated in dirt. His face was so coated, in fact that I couldn’t decipher his identity. His heavy breathing dominated the room’s frightened silence. He stood there for a second in a daze, surveying the room halfheartedly before making eye contact with me. His entire face lit up, and he spoke in a ragged, panicked voice.​
“Sir, Mr. Maimai, the Germans will be here in two weeks. Perhaps a month; if we’re lucky.” I recognized the voice. It was impossible for me not to recognize his voice, even through the heavy breathing. Its unique fusion of British and Russian accents belied the man behind it. It was Dimitri Affa, our enigmatic Head of Intelligence.​
We were out of time, out of luck. “Everybody, sit down.” I took two deep, shaking breaths. I stopped the panic welling inside me, as I had done for many years.​
“But I thought that you said your living room was no place for a meeting?” Sheri Ferraro said.​
“Nonsense! Do you see this table, this one in front of you? It’s round, It’s high, and It’s got plenty of chairs. My living room is a perfect place for a cabinet meeting!”​

Last edited:
Excellent update.

And it's even structured like a Jewish joke. I like.

Allies don't want you? Well, there's other places to apply to, hopefully. Or you can try again.

That was a great update. Nice introduction to your cabinet and dept. heads.
Love that last "the germans are coming, the germans are coming." So where is Paul Revere when you need him? ;)