• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Middelkerke said:
Why didn't you take Toscane???

If i ever have a house there (and a beautiful wife) my life wil be complete :D

I believe laminustacitus invaded Tuscanny because doing so would bring Sardinia -Piedmont into the war because they were either allied, or their independence was guaranteed by Piedmont. He didn't want to declare war on Sardinia-Piedmont directly because they had their independence guaranteed by a few great powers (notably Great Britain, if I recall correctly). It was a clever way of invading Sardinia-Piedmont without involving any great powers.

Anyway, great work taking Sardinia Piedmont, Laminustacitus! Hope the Pope doesn't cause too many problems for you!

Wonderful progress into northern Italy!

Rensslaer

Colonel Mooseus said:
I believe laminustacitus invaded Tuscanny because doing so would bring Sardinia -Piedmont into the war because they were either allied, or their independence was guaranteed by Piedmont. He didn't want to declare war on Sardinia-Piedmont directly because they had their independence guaranteed by a few great powers (notably Great Britain, if I recall correctly). It was a clever way of invading Sardinia-Piedmont without involving any great powers.

Anyway, great work taking Sardinia Piedmont, Laminustacitus! Hope the Pope doesn't cause too many problems for you!

That's the reason, if I had declared war on Sardinia-Piedmont directly I would be doing in game suicide, but by luring S-P into war through attacking an ally I was able to avoid the war the transEuropean War that would've ensued.

We Austrians are good Catholics and we'll atleast seem to be respecting il papa's will in Italy.

Kabraloth said:
You really should go after Madagascar, though.

The problem to that, though, is that Austria has no intrest in Africa, atleast she has no intrest in Africa until Prussia is a bloody pulp. :p

RGB said:
Unless of course you unify them yourself.

And by unify I mean join the glorious Empire.

I might have to unify Italy in the late 1800s if the political climate of Europe changes to the point that many vunerable Italian states might become prey to larger European ones thus threatening Austrian dominence. However, I don't plan on annexing any of Italy, rather unify them under an Austrian puppet.

Also, sorry about how the screen shots are yet to one standard size. Do you want them larger, as in Chapter III, or smaller, as in Chapter IV (Minus that one huge image that I couldn't get to be smaller)?

Nice progress in Piedmonte. BTW how bad were your losses against the Papal army?

I'm quite angry at myself right now, I was playing another game of Victoria, making sure I didn't go past the timeframe of the AAR, and I oversaved it. :eek:o :(

So now I'm going to declare this dead, and either retry another Austrian AAR, or play as Bavaria; any imput?

Very sorry about my absentmindedness in overwriting the save file. :(

Then I guess I'll be playing as Austria, also I will be spending all Saturday working on my own events so could everybody write down ideas for events that they would like to see for this AAR so that I can mod them. Also, is there anybody who is good at Victoria Event Modding who could look over my events to make sure I don't crash the game, please. :)

Thank-you in advance.

Ideas for Events:

1) Hapsburg Italy: Perhaps if you are winning in the Italian war, Sardinia will switch sides and begin to fight against France, if you can defeat France, then Italy unifies (without Tuscany and Venetia) as your satellite. Perhaps Italy gets Corsica, Nice, and Savoy from France.

2) Tsar of all Slavs, only for Austria. Sounds good right?

hasskugel said:
Ideas for Events:

1) Hapsburg Italy: Perhaps if you are winning in the Italian war, Sardinia will switch sides and begin to fight against France, if you can defeat France, then Italy unifies (without Tuscany and Venetia) as your satellite. Perhaps Italy gets Corsica, Nice, and Savoy from France.

2) Tsar of all Slavs, only for Austria. Sounds good right?

I like those, so I'll mod them into the game, any more suggestions?

I got one! start up the AAR again :p

I was liking the one you were doing, btw do Satellite nations give you any money at least? I'm all for direct annexation, always, and seeing as Austria hadn't made any satellite countries in the past I would think that they are too :p Although, idk if the Austrian state was born that big or got that big through diplomacy or conquest...