+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Map Checking Tool

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by gigau
    Sorry for digging out this thread, but,...

Cabezaestufa, my friend, your tool is marvellous, i can't mod without it. However, with IN changing how it deals with "sea_starts", your tool doesn't work anymore. Could you be kind enough to adapt it please ?

Regards,
    Gilles

I sent him a PM on 6-21 and he replied it was on his list to do but might be a while.

I think you can still get it to run by using a temporary default.map file using the old format. Be sure to remove the new regions.txt line and use the old sea_starts = with no {}. Using this method it still works for me.

One note I don't have any land after sea - if you do you might want to tell it that sea_starts is equal to your last province and hopefully it will treat all the sea like land - which I think would be ok.

Best Wishes

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A bit of thread necromancy I know, but I could really use a tool like this for EU: Rome. Anyone know where to find one?
    “You see, seρorita, mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where.” - Cortez, The Longest Journey

And suddenly, after many months...

I just remembered Map Checker didn't work with In Nomine, so I finally updated it so it can read the new default.map. It should now work with all maps, regardless if they are vanilla, NA or IN. Sorry about taking so long!

BTW, sorry, Sute]{h, but I don't know of any similar tool for Rome. If anybody wants to do one and would like the source code of this, he just has to ask. But as I say in the readme, he shouldn't expect the code to be actually intelligible
    "There is an Awesome Game of Thrones Video Game. You Can Play it Right Now." --Kotaku
    "The best Game of Thrones game you will probably ever play." --Rock Paper Shotgun

A Game of Thrones: A Crusader Kings 2 mod.
    A Game of Thrones: An Europa Universalis IV mod.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot,my friend. I'll test it tommorrow
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

- edit - misposted

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Updated needed for HTT

FYI

I sent a PM today to Cabezaestufa asking him to update his great map checker tool for the new trade winds position in postions.txt as currently the map checker will not run with trade winds in the file.
    Code:
    HTT and map checker 

Would you please make a simple easy (I hope) update to map checker to tell it to ignore one new addition for the HTT expansion?

There is a new item in positions.txt called

trade_wind_direction =2.356194

which you can just have map checker ignore as there is nothing to test it against. 

All that you need to do is not have map checker crash due to not understanding what it is:

ERROR ('positions.txt', line 42218): Unrecognized object in province 1963: 'trade_wind_direction'.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Thank you

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Trying to run this, but all it gives me is this:

Code:
    Loading files...
    ================

Error trying to parse 'default.map'.
    Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: default.map (The system cannot find the file specified)
    Do I need to put the program into some specific folder? My EU3 folder is C:\Europa Universalis III\

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr View Post
    Trying to run this, but all it gives me is this:

Code:
    Loading files...
    ================

Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: default.map (The system cannot find the file specified)
    Do I need to put the program into some specific folder? My EU3 folder is C:\Europa Universalis III\
    Yes put it in the map folder (if a mod then put in the mod's map folder).

Also remember it will not work if your positions.txt file has any trade_wind lines as it has not been updated for trade_wind. I asked the author to update but apparently he has lost the source code. As a work around

1) make a backup of positions.txt and name it positions.bak in case you goof something up

2) edit positions.txt and move all the { } sections containing trade_winds to the bottom.

3) make a copy of your edited positions.txt

4) remove all the trade_wind sections from the original in step 2 but leave them in the copy

5) run map checker

6) fix any errors found in both the copy and the original positions.txt

7) repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the errors are gone.

8) delete the original positions.txt and replace with the fixed copy that has the trade_wind lines in it.

I hope that all makes sense.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    FYI

I sent a PM today to Cabezaestufa asking him to update his great map checker tool for the new trade winds position in postions.txt as currently the map checker will not run with trade winds in the file.
    Code:
    HTT and map checker 

Would you please make a simple easy (I hope) update to map checker to tell it to ignore one new addition for the HTT expansion?

There is a new item in positions.txt called

trade_wind_direction =2.356194

which you can just have map checker ignore as there is nothing to test it against. 

All that you need to do is not have map checker crash due to not understanding what it is:

ERROR ('positions.txt', line 42218): Unrecognized object in province 1963: 'trade_wind_direction'.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Thank you
    Does he said anything?

/me got the same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by [B@W] Abominus View Post
    Does he said anything?

/me got the same problem...
    Last I heard he lost the source code so you need to use my instructions to work around the problem.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Last I heard he lost the source code so you need to use my instructions to work around the problem.
    With kicking out the trade_winds, it worked well for me. .

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Too bad ... i hoped he would be able to make a version with which we wouldn't have to manually delete the lines each time...
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Too bad ... i hoped he would be able to make a version with which we wouldn't have to manually delete the lines each time...
    I think it would be fairly simple to do - if someone understood how to work with jar files. I found a free Java Class File Editor Program that was able to open the jar file but I don't understand the syntax to make the fix. All that is needed is to tell it to ignore lines with trade winds.

Anyone know how to work with jar files?????????????????

I think it would be fairly simple to do - if someone understood how to work with jar files. I found a free Java Class File Editor Program that was able to open the jar file but I don't understand the syntax to make the fix. All that is needed is to tell it to ignore lines with trade winds.

Anyone know how to work with jar files?????????????????
    Don't worry, I finally found the source code and I'll try to make an update to fix the trade wind issue this week or so (if I forget, feel free to remind me ).
    "There is an Awesome Game of Thrones Video Game. You Can Play it Right Now." --Kotaku
    "The best Game of Thrones game you will probably ever play." --Rock Paper Shotgun

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabezaestufa View Post
    Don't worry, I finally found the source code and I'll try to make an update to fix the trade wind issue this week or so (if I forget, feel free to remind me ).
    Thank you, thank you so much !
    •

As promised, I just updated the program to work with Heir to the Throne. Sorry again about taking so long to do it, it was a combination of me changing computers and temporarily misplacing the source code and simply that I kept forgetting to do this for some time.

As always, please tell me of any problems you might find trying to make it work.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much, my friend. Works very fine with me
    •

Thank you !!!!!

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Hi Cabezaestufa, a new expansion has arrived, so i'm back

I don't post here often because... well your tool works great

With the arrival of DW, there are three main things i' like to report :

• The map isn't flipped anymore. This doesn't prevent the tool to work properly, but makes finding faulty colours a bit more tedious.

• There are new lines (and the topology map line has been removed) in the default.map that cause an error each time i forget to remove them (or cause the game to crash if i forget to put them back ).

• As you may know, the size of the map has increased (for about the same number of provinces), which slows the tool a great deal. Is there a way to make it quicker ? It takes usually at least 10-15 minutes to perform a test
    •

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sorry for the thread necro.

Is there any equivalent tool for Victoria 2 or is it possible for this tool to be adapted for Victoria 2?
    When using it on Victoria 2, it outputs:
    Exception: java.io.IOException: ERROR: 'default.map' has an error in row 35: 'region_sea' is not a valid property.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast