• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
It seems that MontyP released EU3toRev last week; I don't know if anyone else noticed. It's at the EU2Vic wiki page.

:)

EDIT: MontyP seems to have abandoned the project. Current converter project status (edited as I have time):

See VickyWiki for the latest information.

Last edited:
Really? In what way?

Not that I can do anything about it; I don't have EU3, and I don't have a lot of time on my hands. :)

A Chime of Interest

I am interested in this EU3TOREV utility.

Having had great fun with EU2TOVIC utility, and now that I am having great fun with EU3... I can see the potential for more great fun.

It seems that EU3 and Victoria Revolutions will work fairly well together... it has been a little while since I played Victoria, (I am HOI Doomsday junkie) but I seem to recall that some of its renovated interfaces are alot like EU3.

MichaelM said:
Really? In what way?

Not that I can do anything about it; I don't have EU3, and I don't have a lot of time on my hands. :)
I'm not exactly sure, but when I converted an EU3 save, only Europe and parts of Japan seemed to maintain countries. My Mughal Empire disappeared in a puff of smoke, to be uncolonized land..along with the rest of mainland Asia, all of the Americas, and all of Africa.

That's probably why it's version 0.1. :)
The hardest part of any converter is getting all the provinces mapped. I thought of making a graphical tool to help with that (with split-screen maps), but I don't know how to read the Victoria map files. I suppose I could ask Inferis for a library or something....

Lloyien said:
I'm not exactly sure, but when I converted an EU3 save, only Europe and parts of Japan seemed to maintain countries. My Mughal Empire disappeared in a puff of smoke, to be uncolonized land..along with the rest of mainland Asia, all of the Americas, and all of Africa.

Indeed, take a look at the "readme.txt" file :

Code:
I. Introduction:

EU3ToRev is a save game converter that converts saved EU3 games to the Victoria Revolutions format.
A player can with it prolong gaming time to the Victorian era. A game from any date can be converted
but the startdate in Victoria produced by the converter will allways be 1836.

If any mods are used the converter might not convert countries correctly...

The converter presently converts:

[b]* Provinces (not all)
* Countries (not all)[/b]
* Culture
* Money
* Country Religion
* Badboy

MontyP has never revealed any source code of his projects.

EDIT: I have an incomplete EU2->Victoria converter that I was working on until Eu2Rev added all the features I was going to include. If anyone would like to take a look and maybe adapt it to EU3, I will post the source. I don't have time right now to work on a converter, though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't understand...how can this be done? I mean EUIII uses a new engine, not the old game engine.

I was wondering the same thing Sean...

it's all txt files iirc.

SeanB said:
I don't understand...how can this be done? I mean EUIII uses a new engine, not the old game engine.

For those (and certainly not me :p ) who know something in programation, it shouldn't be too hard. After all, whatever the engine (CK, EU2, EU3, Vicky and the others), the savefile are just text files.

Of course, things are different, but it is just the conversion of one text file into another. You can see here that someone is building a CK-EU3 converter.

I sent email to Monty and he said the EU3toRev-project is on hold because he is busy with other things at the moment. I'm helping him with converting the rest of the provinces. I hope this helps him in finishing the converter.

ravensuominen said:
I sent email to Monty and he said the EU3toRev-project is on hold because he is busy with other things at the moment. I'm helping him with converting the rest of the provinces. I hope this helps him in finishing the converter.
Good! That's the hardest part, I think. :)

Well, a part of Africa turned out to be damn difficult and South America turned out to be nearly impossible... I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Upping...

... the post. Any news of how the progress is?