Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Sengoku Mod Test

I run a modified version of this mod in my mod. so far i have seen no problems. i think it will work fine in 1.2.1.

there may be some thing Sakura needs to do to because of the changes so that everything is how he wants it but it runs good so far.

if anyone sees something that needs fixed i can release patches for it if Sakura wants me to if he dos not have time or the ability to test the changes.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darken
    I run a modified version of this mod in my mod. so far i have seen no problems. i think it will work fine in 1.2.1.

there may be some thing Sakura needs to do to because of the changes so that everything is how he wants it but it runs good so far.

if anyone sees something that needs fixed i can release patches for it if Sakura wants me to if he dos not have time or the ability to test the changes.
    If it's a fairly easy bug fix I should be able to update the mod without any problems, but if its something more complicated I may take you up on your offer

First of all thank you very much for this mod - I have been having a blast unifying Japan as the Tokugawa

You mentioned earlier some difficulty with the attrition limits etc. I have found in static_modifiers.txt you can use supply_limit and attrition modifiers on land_province to get a much higher supply working;

supply_limit = 1.5 # seems to give base + 1.5 x base ; so typical values become 16/19/21/26 per province

attrition = -2 # adjusts the amount of attrition being suffered by this many points

I am still playing around with this but I currently have supply limits of 16-26 in my own provinces, with normal max attrition levels. Troop Desertion Spy missions probably need to be beefed up a little to compenstae but even so I can get caught out by these and lose troops to attrition if they get a mission through. On enemy land you still suffer normal attrition (<6 supply etc.)

I have also found what appears to be a minor bug in the various Shogunate events - the 2nd option to reject/destroy the shogunate in these events offers to give me 10+ CB's on myself. Presuming it is meant to give my japanese rivals a CB on me instead I have changed the code in these events from;

(example from event 1568)
    Code:
    	option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTB1568"
    		set_country_flag = yamashiro_taken
    		set_country_flag = shogunate_destroyed
    		prestige = 0.1
    		stability = -2		
    		any_country = {
    			limit = { government = feudal_daimyo }
    			limit = { num_of_cities = 1 }	
    			casus_belli = THIS
    		}	
    		ai_chance = { factor = 20 }
    	}
    to something like this;
    Code:
    	option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTB1568"
    		set_country_flag = yamashiro_taken
    		set_country_flag = shogunate_destroyed
    		prestige = 0.1
    		stability = -2
    		any_country = { 
    			limit = {
    				government = feudal_daimyo
    				num_of_cities = 1
    			} 
    			casus_belli = THIS 
    		}
    		ai_chance = { factor = 20 }
    	}
    Weirdly the syntax used inititally (Limit params specified on a line each instead of combined) appears to work okay in some cases but here it goes fubar for some reason. If you combine the limit params into one set of brackets it seems to be okay.

Thanks again for the great mod
    Last edited by LordGnome; 16-04-2007 at 18:21.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Im geting diferent cheksums, similar to the once i got from the latest mp mod

Deleting /mod/Sengoku/map/continent.txt should fix this.
    The corect cheksum for this mod should be: AVBB

This dont mather for sp, but when you use difrent versions of this game in mp you dont want your cheksums messed up...

Edit: i found that it still messes with me when changing betwin mods, but now PPJX dont get messed up atlest
    Last edited by Falahk; 16-05-2007 at 11:23.

Is this mod in its final form or is it continuing to be updated for newer patches?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat101
    Is this mod in its final form or is it continuing to be updated for newer patches?
    From what I understand, pretty much its final form, at least for the foreseeable future. Sakura's taken a position that doesn't leave him with a lot of time online.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Want to play as a Sikh? Want Jewish minorities? Want a turbulent Reformation? This mod is for you.
    Game concepts explained on the Wiki
    Current status: 98% complete and compatible with Conquest of Paradise
    Download available April 9, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 10% complete

Does anyone have any opinions on how well this works with 1.3?
    -JRM-

Member of the ahistoric association

Questions:

1) Does Sengoku mod v2.0 work with the v1.3 patch?

2) Can Sengoku mod (new provinces, events, etc.) be combined with other mods, Combo Mod v0.50 or Magnus Mundus III????

Anybody know?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nubby
    Questions:

1) Does Sengoku mod v2.0 work with the v1.3 patch?

2) Can Sengoku mod (new provinces, events, etc.) be combined with other mods, Combo Mod v0.50 or Magnus Mundus III????

Anybody know?
    Thanks
    Its already in Magni Mundi III. I downloaded it and played it and it seemed to work fairly well for Japan.

so far it works pretty well with 1.3 so far as i can tell.....

though when i started before japan fragments, korea and manchu kept declaring war on me. [i annexed them both completely before japan fragmented as a result! that changed the balance of power somewhat, but the revolt issue was horrible.]
    i think that's because of the religions and the fact that they can fight you, each other, or china.. and they'd allied.

and if you start as japan, you end up playing as the shogun, which means you don't get the daimyo [or however it's spelled] government. which may or may not be intentional.
    when fools lead and those who would be wise are forced to follow, folly is the only possible result.

before occupying the moral high ground, first ensure the enemy does not posses orbital weapons.

works good with 1.3 (without the interface anyway, i do not use the interface.).

If Sakura doesnt have time and anyone has a question or a bug to report or even a improvement i will do what i can. if it involves fixing the mod i will first fix it in my mod and test it and then let sakura know what i did so he can distribute it if he wants to.

in my last test of my mod (which is running great, yay! ), Japan was a mess even by 1630. Daimyo had some of korea and northeast asia.....still about 6 or more diamyo fighting. is this intended? i am pretty sure Sakura tried to keep the Daimyo's out of asia. does anyone have any ideas as to how to keep them out of asia? i suppose it is kinda realistic and it does keep ming busy , but realy, and even historicly, Daimyo's were more worried about unifying Japan then they were worried about asia....right?

improving starting relations with manchu and korea may help. also reducing badboy further will reduce the odds of a DOW. honestly, i think there should not be any badboy for any Daimyo until Japan is unified, and then the badboy maybe should be around 10 or 15. maybe even increasing the maximum badboy limit for diamyos via religion or government may help. Also, a revolt modifier could be usefull for any asia provinces that any Daimyo hold....
    Last edited by Darken; 14-07-2007 at 11:48.

Question

I tested a event i made that should make revolts in Diamyo provinces that are in asia before unification. This event will only fire in the capital for the Diamyo it fires for. I want the revolt to happen in asia, not in japan where the capitals are. I have other events i made where a random province will be selected and it is always random....but this is always a capital.

here is what i currently have:

Code:
    # Asian Rebellion against Daimyo
    province_event = {

id = 19902

trigger = {
    		continent = asia
    		owner = {
    			religion = shinto
    			NOT = { 
    				has_country_flag = unification 
    				is_core = THIS
    			}
    		}
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 120

modifier = {
    			factor = 0.5
    			owner = { NOT = { stability = 0 } }
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			owner = {
    				OR = {
    					has_country_flag = rebellion
    					stability = 1
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

title = "Asian Revolt"
    	desc = "The people of Asia have become extremely rebelious of the Daimyo that attempt to conquer them"

option = {
    		name = "So much for Asian conquests..."
    		ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
    		create_revolt = 4
    		owner = {
    			set_country_flag = rebellion
    		}
    	}
    }
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

after starting a game, less than a year from the 1470 something (the first bookmark?, Korea had declared war on 2 or 3 Daimyo. It seems that the whole korea/manchu/Diamyo problem is korea and manchu's fault. with this theory, i am going to see if i can remove the discoveries of japan from korea and manchu and see if this fixes it. i know this is no historicly accurate but i cant think of any other way to keep korea and manchu out of japan affairs. my question is, did korea and manchu historicaly interfere with the unification of japan?

In this process i think i discovered a bug in Sengoku mod. the province id's of 1016,1019,1022, and 1030 were renamed. which means they do not replace the vanilla provinces that i think they intended to replace (while running the mod). if i am correct then some of the changes that Sakura intended were not being changed. i am going to leave the capital names that were changed and only change the file names to the same as vanilla so that it replaces vanilla correctly.

i have added the line:

Code:
    1543.1.1 = { discovered_by = chinese }
    and removed the line:

Code:
    discovered_by = chinese
    to every japan province.

I added these lines to every Japan province also:
    I belieave all of these lines can be replaced with discovered_by = Shinto or japanese since i was able to use eastern with korea.

Code:
    discovered_by = AKG
    discovered_by = ANG
    discovered_by = ASK
    discovered_by = ASN
    discovered_by = CSK
    discovered_by = DTE
    discovered_by = HJO
    discovered_by = HKW
    discovered_by = ICJ
    discovered_by = IGW
    discovered_by = MGM
    discovered_by = MIY
    discovered_by = MRI
    discovered_by = NNB
    discovered_by = ODA
    discovered_by = OTM
    discovered_by = OUC
    discovered_by = RZJ
    discovered_by = SHN
    discovered_by = SMZ
    discovered_by = STM
    discovered_by = STO
    discovered_by = TKD
    discovered_by = TGW
    discovered_by = TKI
    discovered_by = TYT
    discovered_by = USG
    discovered_by = YMN
    discovered_by = JAG
    discovered_by = JAK
    discovered_by = JAN
    discovered_by = JAS
    discovered_by = JCK
    discovered_by = JDT
    discovered_by = JHJ
    discovered_by = JHK
    discovered_by = JIG
    discovered_by = JMG
    discovered_by = JMR
    discovered_by = JMY
    discovered_by = JNB
    discovered_by = JOD
    discovered_by = JOT
    discovered_by = JOU
    discovered_by = JRZ
    discovered_by = JSM
    discovered_by = JSN
    discovered_by = JST
    discovered_by = JSZ
    discovered_by = JTD
    discovered_by = JTG
    discovered_by = JTK
    discovered_by = JTT
    discovered_by = JUG
    discovered_by = JYN
    i will report back with my test results tonight or tomarow.

Ok, looks like i have to make korea and manchu undiscovered for the Diamyo.

in the korean/macnchu provinces I replaced:

Code:
    discovered_by = chinese
    with:

Code:
    discovered_by = eastern
    and:

Code:
    1543.1.1 = { discovered_by = chinese }
    this now solves the problem it seems, although unhistorical, i played 5 or so years and no Daimyo knew korea or manchu yet. ill play some more tomarow and report back.

i will release these changes in my mod in a few days or a week after testing. i am hoping to hear from Sakura before than about what he thinks about the implications of korea and manchu not knowing the japanese until 1543 (also need to know when they should be discovered). I am also curious as to what the 4 or 5 provinces (that were named different than vanilla) are supposed to have as names because i am confused about if EU3 uses the file name or the 'capital' name for provinces. the main thing is that in a mod the file names have to be exact if the mod is intended to 'replace' or 'extend the changes' and it looks like Sakura meant for the changes in the province file to 'replace' vanilla but they were not doing so. I do not know if paradox chaned these names with a patch or if sakura changed his.
    Last edited by Darken; 20-07-2007 at 11:32.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Darken
    I want the revolt to happen in Asia, not in japan where the capitals are.
    So, I think you should script a owner = { NOT = { owns = <province> } } for all the the provinces you don't want the event to happen inside a OR condition as japan is in Asia...
    Owner of a Cork Cookie For Great Lusitan Flagish Skills:

Quote Originally Posted by kolmy
    So, I think you should script a owner = { NOT = { owns = <province> } } for all the the provinces you don't want the event to happen inside a OR condition as japan is in Asia...

i realized this after testing it, but still, after adding NOT = { is_core = yes } it still always fired at the capital and never a different province, so something else is wrong. Now though, korea, manchu and the Diamyo cant even make DOW so its all fixed until they discover each other. This should make Japan AI finish unification instead of fighting outside japan. the only other aproach to the Korea/Manchu problem was to max relations to 200, but historicly, from what i read, japan invaded korea around 1590 or so, so i decided to keep the fix i made the way it is.

in my tests there was no korea interference but i did discover them somehow around 1510.

i also increased the badboy reduction in the GTTE event from -8 to -12.

i removed the revolt event i created becuase it didnt work right and was no longer needed.
    Last edited by Darken; 21-07-2007 at 01:16.

Here is a thread for Sengoku fixes i have made.

MM4 team have also made some Sengoku fixes in thier mod.

hopefully Sakura will come back and release a new version of Sengoku with fixes to these problems. Until then, at least we can improve upon his great work and enjoy the mod with the fixes we can make.

EU3\map:
    does anyone know how to combine sengoku/NA default.map, and the *.bmp files? didnt Sakura add provinces? or did he just change names? should i use the NA files instead of Sakura's? did Sakura change the terrain colormaps?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I hope you are getting some royalties for the new sengoku game
    My Music Mixing Page
    My Vicky 2 Chinese AAR ----- Vicky 2 Ottoman AAR
    Nations I have gone Wire to Wire with: HOI3 FTM - USSR
    EU3 HTTT - Castile and Ottomans - DW - Burgundy
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Vicky 2 - China, Ottomans, and Sweden
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Thread necromancy. Closed.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10