• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34374)

Second Lieutenant
Sep 16, 2004
ss1we2.jpg

The Anhalt Empire

" After all these years, Anhalt was just a Feudal Monarchy, a province of the Holy Roman Empire. My father was a great ruller, a let to me a good wealth province, but too small. Now is the time for expand our country. Let us rule the world by the trade and warfare. Its time to conquer our place in history. "

Leopold I Maximilian - The Emperor of Anhalt

The king Leopold I Maximilian has rise to the throne after the dead of his father in 7 May of 1468 after more then 20 years of his father, Georg I, rule.

ss2fh7.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Some historical tips.

In 30 March of 1453, The Anhalt Empire was established.

At the same day, the emperor former up the Firma des Handels (Company of Trade). These company will take care of the trades made by the crown.

In 3rd April of 1453, the Iluminatis was born, a council of cientist, that was formed to improve the technological device for the crown.

At the army field, the ruler think thats was a good idea maintain a thousand man army, that was called, Die Unsterblich ( The Immortals ), just for the guard of the empire.

---------------------------------------------

The first step of Gerog I after established the new form of govern, was to move the empire more closely to the Free Trade ideology. That was the first thought for create more mercants.

ss3hy2.jpg

Last edited:
Building up the relations with the neighbours, after agree with too many marriage proposal, we turn Brunswick to vassal. Seeking the future domaing of Anhalt, our eyes has going upon Brunswick for a future anexxation.

ss5pf8.jpg

After that, we turn our trade eyes upon the Lubeck. As the trade center of our realm, many countries have seeling his goods at there after many years. So, the plan was, Domain the market in Lubeck with 5 mercants. In 4 September of 1953, the first mercant reach the core of the city in Lubeck and begain to trade.

ss6vz0.jpg

-----------------------------------

As i coment, after build up my realtion with the neighboars, the objetive was to enter to the Holy Roman Empire as a vote country. After a few years of diplomacy, Austria invite us to join the votant country. And for my surprise, a few years of that happen, i became the Emperor, almost because the good relations with the other countries. I receive 4 votes and became the ruler of the Holy Roman Empire

ss4dqq2.jpg

Since the create of the Firma des Handels, the effords of the king to rule the trade was huge. After years triyng to be the greateast nation on trade, a few considerations muts be made.

ss8ki7.png

- As the core province of the Empire, Anhalt rise very low income. An anexxation of the core province of Brunswick (Hannover), must be done in a hurry, for more profit.

- We need invest in mercants. As our profit are low, we dont have many chances to send mercants to the trade centers anytime, we need plan. One we have that problem, out trading company make a few arrangements. Rise the profit income and forget for a while the techs invesments. That must be donne carefully, cause the inflation rises a lot with thses kind of action.

After a few years of preparations, the Firma des Handels was ready for the attack. Sending coornates "attacks" to the trade centers in Lubeck, Venezia and Liguria, we reach after 20 years, the rule of the Lubeck center and a good position in to Venezia and Liguria.

ss9gu7.jpg

( I developed a few strategies to overrun the competitors and rule the trade centers, soon i'll make the Rules of the Trade, hehe )

After the annexation of Hannover ( Brunswick ), the tensions over my contry have exploded. The small nations over the european map had disappear. Now i'm one of the only small nations over the map that still free.

After a series of problem involving trade income at the trade routes over the europe, a alliande between my country and the neightbours are almost impossible.

Maybe its time to reinforce the army to avoid a war against my powrfull neighbours, because that will crush my economy, very badly, since the inflation is already high.

"I need prepare for war, our sucess over the another nations about the trading is huge and the "fat eyes" of europe are over us now." - Leopold I Maximilian - the Holy Emperor of Romans

warsaddow8.jpg

Sauronow said:
Seems a hard work to do!

But, with so many tiny nations around you, will be interesting.

Good luck.

i'll post the map as IT is right now.

i dont go for war, because if i do that i win now and lose latter. thats no smart.

but the problem is, i'm not the only one thata have eyes over the smalls. the other already crush them.

THANKS FOR READING !!!

Time to choose your enemies very carefully.

A scary start as a one province minor in those waters. But well done so far. Keep it up.

armocore: After the annexation of Hannover ( Brunswick ), the tensions over my country have exploded. The small nations over the European map had disappeared. Now i'm one of the only small nations over the map that still free.

you are a minnow in an ocean of hungry sharks ! ! :eek:

armocore: After a series of problems involving trade income at the trade routes over Europe, an alliance between my country and the neighbors are almost impossible.

but, would an alliance really do you any good ? ? it seems to me that your neighbors would just drag you into a war that would only hurt you.

excellent updates ! ! :cool:

GhostWriter said:
armocore: After the annexation of Hannover ( Brunswick ), the tensions over my country have exploded. The small nations over the European map had disappeared. Now i'm one of the only small nations over the map that still free.

you are a minnow in an ocean of hungry sharks ! ! :eek:

armocore: After a series of problems involving trade income at the trade routes over Europe, an alliance between my country and the neighbors are almost impossible.

but, would an alliance really do you any good ? ? it seems to me that your neighbors would just drag you into a war that would only hurt you.

excellent updates ! ! :cool:

i'm really sorrounded by sharks, but, still survive.

an alliance could be a greater good since, at least, i will not enter in a war with a neightbor, hehe.

--------------------

As a trade nation, a war could ruin everything, but in the ohter hand, could bring lands and profit to the Empire.

Last edited:
Back to the trail.

After the annexation of Hannover by the king Leopold I Maximilian, his eyes try to find another country
that could became his new vassal. With a little research, nothing came to his eyes, and
with the war that came to his neighbour, he decide to increase his army, to make a few
conquers.

" Maybe its time to make a mark in our enemies and grant a few lands from them." - Leopold I Maximilian.

A war now, can crash the trade that the Anhat has all over the europe. His popularity with the electors countries for the Holy Roman Emperor could fall and his sucessor, maybe don't recieve the title.

" And if we make a quick war against a weak enemy ?" - Leopold I Maximilian.

Should the army of the Empire grab some lands ?

" My lord, our army is weak and we cannot match our neighbors !" - Army Advisor.

" I see. We need stregnth them." - Leopold I Maximilian.

" But spending money with an army, the trade will fall !" - Trade Advisor.

" Damm !" - Leopold I Maximilian.

What should we do now ?

ss12nn0.jpg

Yeah, Anhalt doesn't usually last very long in my games! It's kind of a plaything between Brandenburg, Saxony, Hesse, Thuringia, etc. :D

I wish you the very best! I'll look forward to watching. Holy Roman Emperor status can't hurt!

Rensslaer

Could you fix all the errors in the first post with the 1968 and stuff? Its hard to get into the AAR if you see something like that in the first line.

armocore: ...Should the army of the Empire grab some lands ?

sure, just DOW France and pick up some nice provinces ! ! ;)