+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jerusalem Mod

Jerusalem Mod

I decided to simply make the Jerusalem mod standalone with changes.

Put mod in mod folder, and of course enjoy.

Jerusalem is a country that can rebel and gain the province of Judea. It's state religion is catholic, and it's culture is Cosmopolitan French.

The monarch names are based off the historical leaders of Jerusalem.

Download: http://putstuff.putfile.com/70837/1722191
    Last edited by Mrdie; 10-07-2007 at 08:50.

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might want to give Jerusalem a core on its province, so it can build units.

add_core = MAM
    add_core = JUD

They are both already in for the province of Judea. What else do I need to do?

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

So you have!
    Sorry, my mistake. I must have overlooked it.

Updated it to include historical names from the Medieval Universalis III mod. (With a few other minor changes)

Crazy Reactionary crusaderknight's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Very interesting. I'll give this a try. However, might I make one suggestion about the monarchs: Since Godfrey de Bouillon was technically not "King of Jerusalem" ("I will not wear a crown of gold where my Saviour wore one of thorns"), but rather Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri, I think the line:
    "Godfrey #1" = 10
    should read
    "Godfrey #0" = 10
    because Godfrey was never crowned King Godfrey I of Jerusalem.

Just my 2 cents.
    ++ Member of the Christian Paradox Players Club ++
    Honorary Byzantine
    I was canonized!
    See my AARs at the Ink Well
    Active AARs:
    Fresh Blood on Ancient Soil - A Saga of the Scottish Kings of Aquitaine - NEW UPDATE: 21/02/2013
    The Morea, A Palaeologid AAR - Last update: 22/7/2011
    Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel - 4x Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds - Last update: 22/7/2011

Remembering Steve Irwin (1962 - 2006) we will miss you, Steve.

In EU3, the developers pretty much have it so that whoever had the same name as someone else, regardless of their status in the country (so long as they at least semi-led it), it'd count as a continuation.

For example, look at this part of Ireland:

"Turlough #2" = 60
    "Donal #5" = 40
    "Muireadhach #2" = 40
    "Conchobhar #1" = 40
    "Feidlimidh #1" = 40
    "Áed #6" = 20
    "Fonnchadh #3" = 20
    "Brian #2" = 20
    "Criomhthann #2" = 20
    "Art #1" = 20"

I'm certainly no expert in Irish history, but shouldn't they all be set to #0?

Anyway, mandead, even though the culture is French, I would like to simulate it having at least some other types of leaders and cultures. So, yeah. Besides, it's pretty French already.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

No Sybilla? She was actually the last "real" Queen of Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by mandead
    I dunno if you're interested, but I updated the monarch list to include purely French names. Please feel free to use them if you wish to. Thanks for the mod, by the way!

Code:
    monarch_names = {
    	"Baudouin #5" = 40
    	"Hugues #4" = 20
    	"Conrad #3" = 20
    	"Guy #1" = 20
    	"Jacques #1" = 20
    	"Philippe #1" = 20
    	"Godfrey #1" = 10
    	"Charles #1" = 10
    	"Richard #0" = 10
    	"Robert #1" = 10
    	"Henri #2" = 10
    	"Jean #2" = 10
    	"Marie #0" = -10
    	"Frédéric #0" = 10
    	"Guillaume #0" = 10
    	"Amalric #2" = 5
            "Pierre #2" = 5
    	"Isabel #2" = -5
    	"Yolande #0" = -0
    	"François #0" = 0
    	"Gustave #0" = 0
    	"Jean-Baptiste #0" = 0
    	"Michel #0" = 0
    	"Raphael #0" = 0
    	"David #0" = 0
    	"Denis #0" = 0
    	"Thomas #0" = 0
    }
    "If they will not learn "By the Grace of God", then they will learn by the Grace of cannon."

Prince Alfred von Windischgraetz, Vienna 1848 in response to refusals by delegates to include the phrase "By the Grace of God" in the Austrian constitution

Added mandead's changes.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k club

is it not possible to start as jerusalem?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigalocus
    is it not possible to start as jerusalem?
    You'd need to edit the province of Judea and make the "owner" and "controller" put down as "JUD" instead of "MAM" IIRC.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

+ Reply to Thread