+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin's Graphics Mod

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ladies and Gentlemen, your Two Decked Man-o'-War:

*drum roll*

---

(make sure you are seated)

--

(no, really sit down)

--

There she is, in all her glory! Totally new hull skin and texture, including gunport hatches. The stern cabin has been redisigned completely from scratch. Also, lighter/whiter sails, tweaked rigging, and darker deck. But my favorites, golden figurehead, gilded bow latticework, and bronze cannon!

It took me nearly three days but the result is worth it! Here is the before and after comparison:

I'm torn between taking a break and moving on to the three decker That one is scaled 1:1 in game so alot of the detail from the dds file will remain... oh it's gonna be fun
    "The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men." - Alexander Hamilton

>>Merlin's Graphics Mod for EU3<<
    -->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Great great work

With such a good work, no break authorized ; we want all the ships !
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great Work

Great work merlin2199 - Please let us download what you have so far including your british uniforms!!

Europa Universalis 3

Great work, congratulations.

A web militaria link (flags and uniforms XVII and XVIII):
    http://vial.jean.free.fr/new_npi/enter.htm
    example:
    http://vial.jean.free.fr/new_npi/rev..._inf_querc.htm

A historical Spanish flags link:
    http://www.fotw.net/flags/es_his.html
    http://www.fotw.net/flags/es1785.html

A Spanish military flags:
    http://www.banderasmilitares.com/inicio.php
    "Austrias" military flags (...1713)
    http://www.banderasmilitares.com/austrias.php
    "Borbones" military flags:
    http://www.banderasmilitares.com/es_bor_gi.php

Good look

Aspiring Global Hegemon Zwackus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3MagickaMajesty 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by merlin2199
    I'm torn between taking a break and moving on to the three decker That one is scaled 1:1 in game so alot of the detail from the dds file will remain... oh it's gonna be fun
    Is scaled 1:1 in game? Does that mean the models are all similarly sized, and are then scaled up or down according to file settings?

I ask, because for my ComboMod I'm looking for different ship models for various things - Armed Caravels versus Caravels versus Small Caravels, for example. Being able to change the size would be really helpful. Honestly, the work you are doing here will be really helpful, too - I can use your new skins for some ships, and the old skins for other ships.
    Author of the ComboMod, the number 2 mod for Europa Universalis 3 in the three months or so just after release.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zwackus
    Is scaled 1:1 in game? Does that mean the models are all similarly sized, and are then scaled up or down according to file settings?

I ask, because for my ComboMod I'm looking for different ship models for various things - Armed Caravels versus Caravels versus Small Caravels, for example. Being able to change the size would be really helpful. Honestly, the work you are doing here will be really helpful, too - I can use your new skins for some ships, and the old skins for other ships.
    Hm, I hadn't thought of that, but yes the models have different sizes, especially ships. The textures are all the same size, 256x256 pixels. However, if you put a two decker and a three decker in adjacent sea-zones you will see that the two deckers is 75% the size of the three decker.

There's three sets of large warships, Carrack and Caravel, Galleon and War Galleon, and the Two and Three deckers. In each case the earlier variant is 75% smaller than the later versions. Small Warships are scaled to be about 75% the smaller of the heavy warship duos corrisponding to the age. So a heavy frigate is 75% the size of a two decker and 50% of a three decker. Same applies to transports, though the Merchantman is actually rather large.

If you can figure out how to work the scales, possible through the fx files, let me know. I'll like to set the range of scales to 15, possibly 10, points rather than the current 25.

Yuste: Thank you for the kind words and the links! Great resources. While making these ships I found some photoshop techniches I didn't know about which will come in handy for uniforms. So stay tuned they aren't done yet, although the amount of work will be about one uniform per week

Blue17: You can download it from them from the first post in this thread. If you are talking about the last screenshot of the Brit uniform, that is still a work in progress as I am testing a few things

Gigau: Do you have photoshop? You can save those "after" as .dds and use them, you'll be missing the alpha channel, but that's not that big a loss at it just controls the cannon's transparency. Hell, Im gonna try it without the alpha and see if it looks better.

Started working on the three decker... my eyes are bugging out, really need a break

EDIT: I wonder if I can get a custom avatar for being here for seven years, because at this pase it will take another 43 years to reach 3000 posts
    Last edited by merlin2199; 02-04-2007 at 02:36.
    "The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men." - Alexander Hamilton

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow.. Great job, Mr. "Lord High Admiral"..

Those are some amazing ship models.. I can't wait to put them in the game.. (I know, I can copy the stuff you've posted here and incorporate it into the .dds files myself, but I'd rather wait for the finished mod to come out..)

Good luck with the work that's coming up!

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Thumbs up

Smashing. I just found this and downloaded it immediately. Nice job.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Alright, here she is, far and above my best work so far

And for a before and after see here:

Before and After

You can see how much bigger she is compared to the two decker. Also, you can have them all!!!

EDIT: LINK REMOVED, CONTENT INCLUDED IN LATEST VERSION

That was alot of fun, and I learned new photoshop tricks while doing these Now I need a litle break, my eyes will thank me

This skin was modeled after the HMS Royal George. I was looking for a ship from the mid 18th century with enough images laying around to provide a good base to work from. The classic Victory paint scheme didn't come about till the Napoleonic Wars so I felt it wasn't appropriate for the games time period. Also, since it is just the ships it wasn't necessary to make everyone download the entire mod again. Just unload these into whichever folder you are using my work from and presto.

In the to-do list are:
    1. 15th/16th century uniforms for Austria, England, France, Ottomans, Poland, Papal States, Russia, and Spain (these are chosen mainly becuase they are the ones I have reliable sources for, any other nation from that time period I have very few sources for atm. That could way for another time.)

2. 17th Century uniforms for all the "Majors." This is a tough century since many nations used very similar military dress, mainly in the HRE and Baltic.

3. Update the 18th Century uniforms with the new techniques I learned while making the ships. It should make variations and details much easier for all three epochs.

4. Re-skin the city view as well as the map cities, needless to say European/Orthodox cities will take priority. After than it will probably go Muslim, Eastern, and so forth. This is going to be a huge undertaking, and I am thiking of doing it before continuing on the uniforms as it will hone my skills even more. Don't hesitate to bombard me with some nice city scape paintings, all inspiration is good inspiration. Plus, the less time I have to research the sooner we can have all these goodies.
    Lord Boreal: Thank you sir, spread the word!
    Last edited by merlin2199; 20-05-2007 at 19:17.

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Strategos ton Exkoubitores Fulcrumvale's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

That’s absolutely frigging gorgeous.
    A History of Baden- Will Bernard I von Baden-Baden and his wife Anna von Oettingen lead Baden to victory or disaster?
    Nominated for the Weekly AAR Showcase, 9/25/06!/ Nominated for Best Character Writer of the Week, 10/29/06!/ Winner, Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2, Q3 2006!

"And the dream would grow ever grander and more wonderful, and the higher it reached towards the impossible, the more beguiling it became."--Emile Zola

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Thank you , thank you , thank you

Great awesome job... already downloaded
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Great cant see how you could make them much better, thanks a lot for your hard work.

Financial Director tretii_sleva's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Well done mate. Very good stuff!

I will be expecting your future work with great pleasure.

Cheers

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Woohoo.. Downloading now!

Regarding the city scapes you plan on doing (excellent idea, by the way), do you have any intention of modding in new variations? I've been walking around with the idea of doing that in EU3, but I'm just completely handicapped when it comes to writing code..

What I'm talking about is that English cities will look different from French cities, cities in the Low Countries will look different from German cities, Italian cities will look different from Spanish cities (although somewhat similar) and so on and so forth..

Because if that were possible, it'd be a major step forward in the development of the game..

Anyway, I can ofcourse always provide source images for Dutch uniforms from just about every period, so just shout if you need a few!

Financial Director tretii_sleva's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Merlin, here is some pics of Russian Kremlins I found. I got it ziped and ready to download for yee.

Link http://rapidshare.com/files/24268379/kremlins.rar.html

I hope it will give you an idea about those early Russian city looks.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2

I like the sound of the work you are planning on doing here, excellent job on that triple decker btw, very nice. I like.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...

Source for Tatar/Mongol sprites

Some Tatar warrior (leader) here:

And some "private" Tatar with Russian Strielec:

Tartar's clothes should be white (not very clean, of course - some bloody marks maybe)
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...

Polish units

Polish units:
    Early (colonel - private soldier should have less rich clothes - hat without feathers etc.):

Middle ("Wybraniec"):

Late ("Grenadier"- this one needs some white pants and black boots of course):
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

Right ive downloaded your gfx mod v1.2, and TOT. How do I get them both to run at the same time?

Well, I have both of them installed directly into my main game folder, so that they run all the time.. As for combining mods, sorry.. I'm afraid I can't help with that..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast