+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin's Graphics Mod

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Merlin's Graphics Mod

This mod’s aim is to bring historically accurate flags and uniforms to the game. Additionally, it also contains interface improvements along the same lines. Though the impact is merely cosmetic, I hope it adds to the players' enjoyment of the game.

There's alot of work involved, and many man hours will go into this, so be patient. Any help with source images will be greatly appreciated as that is the most time consuming part of this endeavor.

***DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.3 HERE!***

*** DIVINE WIND COMPATIBLE UNIT SPRITES HERE!***

Additions to v.1.3:

*17th Century uniforms for:
    -Austria, Bavaria, Denmark, England/Britain, France, Netherlands/Holland, Ottomans, Poland, Russia, Spain, Tuscany, Venice
    *Reworked Ship Models:
    -Frigates, Galleon, War Galleon, Two and Three deck Ships of the Line.

Contents of previous versions included in v.1.3:

*18th Century uniforms for the following nations:
    --Austria, Bavaria, Britain, France, Prussia, Hessen, Holland, Netherlands, Palatinate, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Saxony, Wurzburg, and Wurtemberg.
    *Historical Advisors from the 18th Century. They are:
    - Philosopher: Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    - Scientist: Jean d' Lamber
    - Artist: Maurice Quentin de La Tour
    - Statesman: William Pitt the Elder
    - Banker: David Hume
    - Naval Advisor: Rear-Admiral Richard Tyrrell
    - Army Advisor: Maurice de Saxe
    - Trader: John Wilkinson
    - Religious Advisor: Cardinal de Fleury
    - Spymaster: Jeffrey Amherst
    - Conquistador: James Cook
    - Diplomatic Advisor: César Gabriel de Choiseul
    *New flags for the following nations:
    v1.1: Alsace, Austria, Brandenburg, England, France, Britain, Germany, Liege, The Netherlands, The Papal States, The Ottoman Empire, Poland, Prussia, Ragusa, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland, Trier, Tuscany, and Venice
    -v1.2: Albania, Armagnac, Ansbach, Avignon, Bohemia, Brabant, Brunswick, Bulgaria, Castille, Connacht, Dauphine, Denmark (two versions), England (three versions) Flanders, France (two versions), Gelre, Germany (three versions), Habsburg Austria (two versions), Hessen (two versions), Holland, Kleves, Mainz, Netherlands (six versions) Norway, Orleans, Palatinate, Pisa, Poland, Prussia (two versions), Russia (three versions), Spain (four versions), Sweden (three versions), Teutonic Order, Tuscany.
    *Edited uniform colors of several minors to reflect more historic patterns. Most of these are in the Holly Roman Empire and Italy.
    *New farm terrain texture.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    *Installation should be straight forward, but should you have trouble, please refer to the enclosed ReadMe file. Comments and suggestions are always welcomed.

Enjoy!

Previews:

*Flags:
    Top Row: Alsace, Austria, Brandenburg, Bohemia, France, Great Britain
    Middle Row: Germany, Hesse, Kleves, Modena, Netherlands, Palatinate
    Bottom Row: Poland, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Tuscany, Venice.

*Uniforms:
    -17th Century
    -18th Century
    *Ships:*Interface Update:

======> SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR THE UPDATE WITH THE SHIELD ABOVE!<=======

*18th Century Historical Advisors:

===>Download Advisers Here!!!<===

*17th/18th Century Themed National Ideas:

Naval, Military, Trade, Government, Religious in that order from top to bottom.

******Download Napoleon's Ambition compatible ideas here! (download into .../Europa Universalis III/gfx/intreface )******
    ******Download ATI Video card compatible Napoleon's Ambition ideas here!******

******Download the updated interface and flag pack HERE!******

Last edited by merlin2199; 23-01-2013 at 21:36. Reason: Updates

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

No comments eh? I'll keep em to myself then
    "The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men." - Alexander Hamilton

>>Merlin's Graphics Mod for EU3<<
    -->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by merlin2199
    No comments eh? I'll keep em to myself then
    No they are realy nice! cant you upload them here?

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

They look real nice.

I am not certain, but wasn't the Dutch flag in that time-period

Orange-White-Blue

Or in old-dutch 'Oranje, Blanje, Bleu'

I will have to look it up myself

I think they look great, and definitely want to download once you have it hosted! By the way, how did you modify the redcoat sprite? I'd like to have a go at changing the Austrian whitecoat a bit (the uniforms could do with a bit more embellishment so the details are not so lost in the stark white, and I loathe those silly white hats with the red trim).

Procrastinator extraordinaire Registered's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk
    They look real nice.

I am not certain, but wasn't the Dutch flag in that time-period

Orange-White-Blue

Or in old-dutch 'Oranje, Blanje, Bleu'

I will have to look it up myself
    Both versions were used, the red white blue version became more popular as time went on. (may have something to do with the declining popularity of the house of Orange). But for historical flavour i'd use the orange white blue one here.
    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity"
    Yeats

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

you can e-mail me the flags and I will host them.

greatwarrior1 @ yahoo.com (without spaces)
    No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.
    George S. Patton, General

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWarrior
    you can e-mail me the flags and I will host them.

greatwarrior1 @ yahoo.com (without spaces)
    Check your EMail GW, zip file with all the relevant flags sent.

DPD2, in order to edit the uniforms you need a .dds file coverter. You can the conver them into a format photoshop recognizes and edit them at your heart's content. Just convert them back to .dds and presto.

As for the Dutch tricolor, I always liked the orange one better, but since it went out of style at around 1630 I opted for the red one.
    "The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men." - Alexander Hamilton

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

If you don't mind I will include them in my mod I'm working on. It probobly wont ever get finished, but, hell, it may be something someday. I've got plenty of time and have already done alot of work.

Sounds like a plan There are still many more changes I would like to do. For the most part I am happy with the flags, but the army uniforms need alot of work, and time, so they might be a long tem project until someone else comes up with a better way of editing them.

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

I paid a bit more of attention to detail tonight, and I think the Brits' level 3 uniform is pretty damn good now

*IMAGES REMOVED, REFER TO FIRST POST*

Thinking of tackling the French level 3 uniform next. I am leaning towards the look of the Dauphin Regiment in this link

Oh, one last thing, I found that the Netherlands does not get its "sprites" for lack of a better word. Copy the units named HOL_1 through HOL_3, rename them to NED_1 through NED_3 and paste back into your anims folder and presto.
    Last edited by merlin2199; 01-03-2007 at 14:42.

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionCK2: Holy Knight500k club

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.

I added the flags to the next package of my mod, whenever that will get released I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisJ
    I added the flags to the next package of my mod, whenever that will get released I dunno.

And which one is your mod? I can host it for you too if you want.

Its currently known as TravisJ's something mod. I'm about ready to do another update so it would be best to wait for that before uploading it.

Thank you very much GW, much appreciated.

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Thank you very much GW, much appreciated.

No prob, I'll make a page for EU3 mods on my host. And I can host all the mods if you guys want. (anything under 10mb I guess) I don't wanna abuse my server.

Well, time to revive this thread. I have finally found a way to deal with .dds files that doesn't involve converting them to jpg's or the like. The Alpha chanel was getting lost and the essentially became the backgroud (the green in EU2). So, here is a preview of what I was able to do today:

[IMAGE REMOVED BY MERLIN2199]

Replaced the clunky large shield mantling that ubstructed about 50% of the actual shield image. This one is just a preliminary, but I think an improvement over the original.

Now, the real business at hand, uniforms! Flags are easy to make. However, uniforms and ships have been something I've always wanted to spice up in all EU versions. So, if any of you can help find some source images, preferable front/rear views though sides work also, don't feel shy.

One last thing, anyone know a good free file hosting site? Want to be able to load these as I go along so you guys/gals can test them out and give feedback. Off work this week, so no time like the present
    Last edited by merlin2199; 18-03-2007 at 15:16.

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Took about an hour to make, but here is the Austrian level 3 uniform:

[IMAGE REMOVED BY MERLIN2199]

Still on the list of to-do's:

Prussia, France, Sweden, Russia.

There are more I'll like to get to such as Bavaria and Hesse, but the heavy hitters need attention first.
    Last edited by merlin2199; 18-03-2007 at 15:16.

-->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

Procrastinator extraordinaire Registered's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I like that a lot.
    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity"
    Yeats

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast