• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
stylan Thanks :) everything are going well but I am very very worried about the superpower right at my doorstep. :)

coz1 I am aiming to get 100% in prestige and there is ever remote possibility that I might lose everything on mainland once Qara Koyunlu come knocking.

Btw, thank you for reading it. Here the next update :)

Cheers

Sap.

Jean_II_Chypre.gif

Seven: Reign of Jacques III (1551-63)
Eight: Jacques IV (1563-67)

Holy Roman Emperor, King of Cyprus, King of Jerusalem, King of Armenia

After making peace with these heathens, he focused on the wellbeing of his people and found it inadequate. All of these people are heathens! To ensure they are well-watched, the three armies just recently fought in the Crusade were based in each province. The Royal Army of Cyprus is at Jerusalem while Crete is at Gaza and Rhodes at Beirut. The Imperial Army was sent home back to their families in Germany.

To celebrate the restoration of the Holy City into rightful owner, Jacque built two cathedrals in Gaza and Beirut. Fars also fell into trading influence of Cyprus. He sent missionary to convert people of Judea which failed in two years which was instantly crushed by his army. Another attempt was successful and the Holy City is truly true to Catholcism. Gaza converted in 1563 when suddenly a Muslim fanatic murdered Jacques and the whole Christian world saddens at the death of great Crusader.

23rd January 1563, Jacques III died and his son Jacques IV became Emperor.

His first act as Emperor-King is to send missionary to Beirut who converted few days before he too was murdered by Muslim fanatics on 15th March 1567. He also made his army more offensive. Few advisors were hired to boost land, naval and prestige. Workers were building Courthouses in all three provinces. Whole Kingdoms looked on Qara Koyunlu’s war with Crimea with dread fascination.

goodworkersmp4.png

On 15th March 1567; Jean V came to the throne and Electors once again elected him... again.

You seem to be great hero of the Christendom. Both electors of the Holy Roman Empire and Pope love you. :)

Hopefully Qara Koyunlu have enough enemies and they don't turn against you. If you get enough time to grow in peace then patriarchates of Alexandria and Antioch are waiting to be liberated.

Olaus Petrus I gave up on gaining Alexandria or Antioch... :( take a long look at that Qara.... the armies that is only on bordering provinces numbers in ten of thousands. :) Here is a good pic: Why i got a feeling that history is repeating for Kingdom of Heaven :eek:

vastempirewf6.png

Btw, thank you for reading it. Here the next update

Cheers

Sap.

Jean_II_Chypre.gif

Nine: Reign of Jean V (1567-??)

Within the year of Jean’s ascendance, the ongoing oppression and exploitation of the al Misr Arabic minority has finally reached its boiling point, the citizens of Gaza have decided to take arms against the oppressors. King tried to negotiate with them.
During that month, Qara Koyunlu took Adana and Aleppo from Crimea.

Over several years, marketplaces and constables were built around the Kingdoms.

He sent merchants to Malacca on 1577. To Jacques’s grim mind, Qara Koyunlu annexing Karaman and Damascus is his worst nightmare as they now controlled all marching routes into the Kingdom of Heaven. As matter of fact, if they declare war upon his Kingdom, while they can rule the sea, they cannot hold onto the Holy City. Recently Qara Koyunlu just declared their claim on Judea. Jazques started upgrading fortresses around three main cities in Levant. In 1580, the people now considered themselves as part of the Kingdom. A month later, the cultures of al Misr and al Suryah Arabic are accepted by the people in Kingdom of Cyprus. This bought much high tax income which then used for upgrading fortresses around the Kingdom. He then sent merchants to Cuzco in Inca Empire. On 1582, he granted his subjects more freedom. With all people and governments loyal to the King and twin Kingdoms, he then changes his Feudal Monarchy to Administrative Monarchy. Two years later, after fully recovered, Jacques chosen the path of Scientific Revolution as he firmly believed that only technology can truly stop the hordes of Qara Koyunlu raping the twin Kingdoms.

Currently at 1585:

Big power called Qara Koyunlu, second richest power and noticed that Delta is back in Mamluks hands.

vastempirewf6.png

On other hand, the Twin Kingdoms is the richest state in the world…!!!

richestaf8.png

Last edited:
Such a tiny state bathing in riches? If I were the QK, that'd be reason enough to make the sky black with my advancing armies aerial barrage.

Qara Koyunlu is giant indeed. But I hope that it is a giant with feet of clay.

You still have good chance against them. You are richest nation in the world and your tech group and form of government are much better than theirs. This should give advantage over time.

canadiancreed Me too, :)

Olaus Petrus Well, maybe I should attack them once I build all armies and max out sliders. The problem is that I might lose all my merchants if I racked up too many BBs. Right now, I am white sheep of Christendom.

Since I successfully conquered the Holy City and became richest trading power in the world, what I should do next? :) I am kinda tad lost :D

Maybe I should expand into a real empire that control all possible Greek, al Misr and al Suryah Arabic provinces and convert them to True Faith. ;)

Any suggestion?

Cheers

Sap.

Last edited:
Patiently gain a massive lead in terms of technology of Konoluyu , establish a powerful Mediterranean Empire , recapture Constantinople if possible , restore North Africa to it's Christanity of antiquity , bring Ethiopia under your banner , expand into Asia , colonize parts of the new world , build a massive European Jugglenaught alliance to bear against the Heatherns , declare a cusrade to restore Anatolia and to convert the Malays of Southeast Asia into Christians . The list goes on and on , the possilities endless.

Great work in the Middle East, it sure seems like you are the hero of Christianity. Wonderful work. :)

But Qara Koyunlu looks very dangerous, so I think it is important that you build up your defences and your armies because I think that in time they will declare war upon you because I am sure they want to grab your Holy Land…

Really good job! I wonder at how difficult the game is? Are you an expert player or a beginner? It would seem tough to get that far and be the Papal controller and HRE. It seems you just went right to work and had lots of success.

Eek. That looks quite an unfavourable match-up. Hopefully good Crusading vigour will make up for the size differential.

Novea: We will see, it is long period of peace ;)

Lord E: :) Indeed, all my provinces are lvl 2 forts with Regimental camps on all of them.

Graymane: I am playing on Normal and it is my second game on EU3. The Emperor I did try to maintain but Papal Controller was more or than random, lasting only for few months. You could say I read every words of these guides came with the box and focused on trade. With trade, you can literally coining. You do need one thing though, Patience, LOT of Patience as watching the realm run by... :wacko: I don;t considered myself as expert player or a beginner. Just a Eu2 player who play Ragusa quite often for last few years.

stnylan: Aye :p but Fun ;)

Cheers

Sap.

It certainly looks as if you have your work cut out for you. I doubt Christendom would look kindly on it, but I wonder if you might try to ally with a Mulsim power.

coz1 The house rule I am following are, No RM or Alliance. :) Beside, I am rping in this game which meant any gains in wars will be rather small, no vast empire. :p However, I do have obscene income from trade. Christendom still love me at the moment. :p If I am luckly, I won't have to declare war on catholic power for rest of the game...

Btw, thank you for reading it. Here the next update

Cheers

Sap.

Jean_II_Chypre.gif

Nine (Cont.): Reign of Jean V (1567-90)
Ten: Reign of Jean VI (1590-??)

During the autumn of 1586, many areas in Gaza were cleared and drained to provide new areas for settlement. These newly cleared areas often led to a short-term population boom. In winter, the construction of roads and trade routes on the island of Rhodes has had a great impact on the Twin Kingdoms’ economy. It has allowed Jacques to increase trade and thereby generate a higher tax income. A year later, three Regimental camps were built in Jerusalem, Gaza and Beirut. On 8th June 1590, Jacques III died. Jean VI became next Emperor-King.

Jean VI got same fear concerning Qara Koyunlu so he ordered more regimental camps to be built on Islands as well.

While sending lot of gifts to Electors to Jean’s son’s chance of becoming next Emperor, with the large scale use of gunpowder weapons on Eastern European battlefield. New units began to take advantages of these. Having its origins in Jerusalem, it evolved into musket armed units that placed their main focus on the attack rather than defenses. Jean saw this new prospect to improve the Twin Kingdom’s victory over her enemies, so he ordered his armies on mainland to be doubled with offensive musketeers.

Meanwhile, to ensure peaceful existence of his Islands, he gave more powers to merchants. By the end of June 1594, each Royal Army comprised of 4,000 Spahi Cavalry recruited from three Islands and 4,000 Offensive Eastern Musketeers recruited from basing province of the Army. To ensure his fleet is capable of carrying them, he ordered four more Flytes and four Galleons to replace great ships.

He also sent merchants to Kutch in Mughal Empire, Guangzhou and Jizhou in Ming China, Hormuz in Timurid Empire and Settsu in Japan. On 1st January 1599, Jean made ready for war. Royal Army of Cyprus led by Jean VI, Crete by Constable Nomiki Rendis and Rhodes by Marshal Lavrentios Saracerio. The Royal fleet contained 4 Galleons and 8 Flytes whom are led by Admiral Heliodoros Plethion.

Army of Rhodes marched to southern border at Gaza while Jean and his army boarded his recently expanded fleet and sailed to Bay of Alexandria. On 1st of April 1599, The Twin Kingdoms declared war upon the Mamluks in holy Crusade to recover the patriarchate of Alexandria and coastal lands between Alexandria and Gaza.

musketns5.png

Musketeers of Jerusalem

alexalexzy0.png

City of Alexandria

Last edited:
Good luck with the conquest of Egyptian lands. Losing the Holy Land has make Mamelukes much weaker, so they shouldn't be too tough opponent considering your technological superiority.

Hmmm...Mamluks again, eh? Well, let us hope this one works out as well as the last. :)