• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, its updated now with the full posts.

Very nice - and poor advisor advisor 1. I feel really sorry for him :(

1) Good AAR, I like it. 'Tis entertaining and does not bore me. :)

2) Wouldn't the PU with Morocco have been the better way to go? That would have ended as soon as Morocco's king died, and then they would have been your vassals again, with no personal union. Am I correct in that? I realize that it would hamper your independence, but I find the "at war with my own vassal" situation a little silly, as you did. :)

Thing is, it turns out I'm not in a PU with Algeria either :/

I gues that'll show Castile not to kick a man when he's down. Nice work.

I look forward to seeing how the future al-Andalus will be ruled by silly kings who take on the civilized world, especially when then come to the HRE.:D What will happen to the country when their main income and military asset becomes the enemy? Teh horror!:eek:

Just caught up to this one! Funny and good action, the way I like it :D.

Two questions (from someone eagerly awaiting the arrival of EU3):

1. What are the effects of the personal union on you?
2. Can you now diploannex a nation with a different religion as yours?

Grundius said:
Just caught up to this one! Funny and good action, the way I like it :D.

Two questions (from someone eagerly awaiting the arrival of EU3):

1. What are the effects of the personal union on you?
2. Can you now diploannex a nation with a different religion as yours?

1: You are very hampered in your options, you can only declare war on the stronger part of the union and your diplomatic options are VERY limited. However, I wouldn't know since the status from before the war is much unchanged. I am the overlord of Morrocco and NOT in a PU with Algiers for some reason.

2. I sure hope so, otherwise I'm in for a pair of long wars.

What's next? Battles of Tours II but with no pesky Charles Martel to mess up the Muslims plans? Or go on a African conquest spree and unite Islam once and for all?

I wonder what Advisor's 1&2 have in store.

Thanks for all the encouragment people. I also suggest you read Kurek's AAR, it's very funny and actually contains humour as opposed to the ramblings of a coffein depraved mind you read here.
Update in 1-2 h

I feel sorry for you ruler dieing like that; well at least your advisors did well and won the succession war. Seems you are doing very well, but I still can’t understand why those Iberians can’t understand that it would be clever to leave you alone… Well we can always hope that they will learn some day…

I actually tried playing Granada and .... God, is it HARD !

I managed, with a 200D loan, to siege all provinces of spain and thus get andalucia toledo and the canarias, along with 50D in the peace settlement, but that was in 1457, and Portugal declared war right just 2 or 3 months after the peace agreement, with the british also landing in Trafalgar !
That was too much for me :)

I'm in awe in front of your accomplishment !
(main problem I encountered was morale, that Muhamad ruler is just too bad, whereas spanish generals don't lose morale as fast, resulting in long and repeated battles even with forces being 3 times bigger and all cavalry on my side, guess I still have a lot to learn !)

Thank you for the read :)

Writing update now. Screens are being uploades and I fixed the problem on the first page. Enjoy.

Throwing buckets of money at people OR How I learned to stop worrying and love Castillians.

Advisor 1: I'm telling you man; this is the good life. No rules, no responsibilities and best of all Hakuna Matata.
Advisor 2: Sorry what?
Advisor 1: Hakuna Matata; It means no worries.
Advisor 2: Oooh...
Advisor 1: *sing-song voice* Hakuna Matata what a wonderful phrase.
Advisor advisor 1: *chimes in* Hakuna Matata ain't no passing craze!
Nasr II will now rule our nation.
Advisor 1: You just had to! You just had to test fate! :mad:

20070130183822.jpg

A few days later:
Court Jester: Say sire, do you know what the difference between a piece of toilet paper and fine Venetian tapestries are?
Nasr II: *points towards tapestries askingly*
Court Jester: Huh, guess not.
Nasr II: Durr... *pokes nose*
Advisor 1: *mumbles* Great.... Now how to get rid of this pile of wasted air.
Advisor 1: Say, sire have you had the chance to inspect the royal treasury. It is customary for the King to do so as his err.... first thing..
Nasr II: *stops poking nose and gets up*

*The pair enter the royal treasury where THE bucket is standing inconspicously in a corner*

Advisor 1: Sire have you seen such majesty ever before. Why here is the skin of... a Castillian and heres... another one. Oh look heres a skull smashed in by beer glasses. Isn't it wonderful to learn about your history?
Nasr II: *Stares blankly*
Advisor 1: But this is what I've wanted to show you; this might look like an ordinary branch. But it is in fact a magical branch. *Shows a branch crudely nailed to the wall*
Nasr II: *Eyes show faint understanding for awhile*
Advisor 1: Well this is in fact your twig, see it has your name carved in it.
Nasr II:Oooh...
Advisor 1: Now it is customary for the King to perch on the branch like this. *perches on the branch*
Nasr II: Lemme try! Lemme try!
Advisor 1: Of course sire, if you just put your foot here. *helps Nasr II up*
Advisor 1: Excellent, you look stunning sire. Absolutely perfect... *The branch starts creaking* ....for a shove! *Shoves Nasr II off the branch*
Nasr II has fallen of his perch!
Advisor 1:Works every time :cool:

20070130193823.jpg

Advisor 1: :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Advisor 2: Who is the new king anyway?
Advisor 1: How should I know?! 95% of the Population in Granada is called Muhammad.
Advisor Advisor 1: Yes, but only one is called Muhammad XII! That happens to be me!
Advisor 1&2: :eek:
Muhammad XII: I shall be merciful however, I shall make you head of Castillian affairs.
Advisor 2: You mean the people we have recently conquered and hates us passionately.
Muhammad XII: The very same. In fact your first mission will be to levy higher taxes from the the peasants in, lemme see.... "Arabhateville" that place is a bi*ch to tax, lemme tell ya.
*dundunduu music plays*
Advisor 1: :eek:
Advisor 2: :eek:
Muhammad XII: I shall in the meantime go to a diplomatic mission to Granada and Algiers. Oh and no need to send postcards, I'll be sure to read the feature article in "Dismemberment Weekly".

------------------------------------------------------------------

Muhammad XII: On the count of three, ok!?
One!
Two!
Three!
Morroccan King: Rock!
Muhammad XII: Scimitar! *holds against M.Kings throat*
Morroccan King: Aww, I lose don't I? :(

*Here I accidently deleted the picture of Morrocco being annexed; Sry all*

Algiers King: So exactly how does this Vassalization you speak of work?
Muhammad XII: Well it's very cleverly designed. You see, first I get four vassals. They give me half their tax income. So far so good.
Algiers King: Hmm, doesn't sound like I get anything from it...
Muhammad XII: Keep listening. This is the good part. In turn you get four vassals which in turn give you their tax income. That way nobody loses, right?
Algiers King: Right.... *thinking hard*
Muhammad XII: Well, me and the other vassals are going out for coffee and umm... prayer later. Be there or be square!
Algiers King: Hey, don't go without me! I'm a vassal I'm cool!!!

20070130194920.jpg