• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King of Men

Resident Opportunist
83 Badges
Mar 14, 2002
ynglingasaga.wordpress.com
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
The Great Game nears its end. Long centuries of conquest have brought no peace to Europe, nor has the power of coal and steam chastened its rulers' will to power. Now a new turn of the cycle brings renewed hope of swift victories and glittering triumph. Across the world mobs shout for blood, and cool-headed staffs confer over maps. Our history is an engine; hatred is its fuel, and the blood-darkened stacks spew out shattered lives for their smoke. But the engine of war cares nothing for that; nothing can halt its course, shaped by a millennium's battles - nothing except final Victory.

The players:

Allies:
The Kingdom of Burgundy (Belgium), the greatest industrial power in the world.
The Republic of Spain, master of South America and Africa.
The Byzantine Empire, still maintaining its ancient right to rule all the world; for are they not Romans?

Axis:
Yngling Norway, a dark kingdom beset by the military pride of its ruling caste, who claim descent from the hero-King Olaf and through him from the gods themselves. Trained from birth to a warrior ethos, this republic of freemen enforces in America and Russia a tyranny worse than any previously seen.
The Tributary Republic of Poland, Norway's former foe and now a restive vassal-ally, whose Governor sits uneasy on a throne supported only by the bayonets of Russians and Ukrainians.

Comintern:
The People's Republic of Greater China, a vast dragon rising from centuries of humiliation at Western hands, bestriding Asia from Vietnam to the frozen north. Within its borders are contained a third of the world's people, industrious, hardworking, and determined to avenge their country's long night and restore the Middle Kingdom to its proper position.

Neutral powers:
Great Britain, mistress of the Ocean Sea, Empress of India, her mighty navy the balance among the Powers of Europe.
The Kingdom of Italy, once the leader of Europe in crusade and trade alike, but now a mere shadow of its former self, stripped of colonies and influence.
Hungary-Persia, stretching from the Danube to the Oxus, the conqueror of Turk and Mongol.

The stage is set; let the Great Game continue!

Instructions for random leaders and tech teams. Use them thusly: First, move the files

teams_bel
teams_chc
teams_chi
teams_eng
teams_gre
teams_hol
teams_hun
teams_ita
teams_nor
teams_ott
teams_per
teams_pol
teams_spa
teams_spr
teams_swe
teams_ukr

from your db/tech/teams folder to a safe place. Do the same for the files

belgium
commiechina
english
greece
holland
hungary
italy
nationalistchina
norway
ottoman
persia
poland
republicanspain

from your db/leaders folder. Now, unpack the leader files into the leaders folder, and the team files into the team folder; finally remove the 'new' from the filenames. Done! Random leaders and tech teams.

Last edited:
Man, talk about the world that might have been. This should prove to be extreamly fascinating.

What version of HoI are you running, and could you use extra players? I read the first Great Game, and was vastly saddened by Poland's eventual disappearance... I'd be interested perhaps in taking up the reigns of one of the nations.

A very interesting set up. Sounds like fine stuff. :)

Wow, I looked at the map on the other thread, and this should be very exiting if enough people play.

Skarion email me the save and I'll post images.

Persia and Italy are getting partitioned but aside from them every other player is Human controlled.

Even if the Yniglings sucessfully dominate the world , advance technologies , and a vast resentful underclass means that their blood would be even further more contaminated eventually - is there any equivilent to Karl Marx in this timeline?

Secondly , given the Norwegian record for brutality , and their rampages throughout the world , I doubt that they would realistically be trusted in any sense .

Can you keep two billion Humans in feudal conditions in a world where communication and technology begins to approach a morden level?

Or would there be eventual reforms from within? Liberals launching coups and bloody civil wars break out?

Novea said:
Or would there be eventual reforms from within? Liberals launching coups and bloody civil wars break out?

civil wars make everything more interesting.

Skarion said:
1) Both of you downloaded the last save from me before you quit.
Name: AMMT - 1937 Jan

2) I don't got either of you guys e-mails, so you will have to PM your e-mail if you somehow have deleted the save.

3) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sid Meiers!!!!

k im finding out how to upload pioctures now.

Me = Belgium

This indeed shall be a great game...

Belgium is much more than just the greatest industrial power in the world, it is also the stabilizing force of the world.
Employing some of the worlds finest diplomats, and pursuing peace in our time above all else, by whatever means, whether it be by cunning diplomacy or brutal force, Err... we mean gentle nudging, the Allies will lead the world to a peace the likes has never been seen before!
Prospects for the future look better than ever before, with continuous fruitful negations with Great Britain, the great campaigns lead by The Byzantine Empire to retake Rome progressing smoothly, and the Modernization of Confederate North America, And Republican South America and Africa, Indeed, great times for the Allies.
Never before has there been a better chance for other devolving nations, and powers of the world to make its mark by joining the Allies!

uprfk8.gif

sard5.gif

prrbr0.gif

pacificyo3.gif

nast4.gif

europahf4.gif

afrikaio5.gif

Here ya go.

On the subject of more players, I believe we still have room for an England, and I'm not quite clear on whether we have a Spain or not. Game time is Saturdays, 0700 Pacific time; you need Doomsday 1.2, plus some random leader and tech team files which you can find linked in the Vicky AAR thread in my sig, near the end. :)