Thread: Re-textured map

Thank you for your help.

I will try this on the weekend.
    "The secret of politics? - Have a good treaty with Russia."
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Christian I.
    Thank you for your help.

I will try this on the weekend.
    do you know how to install this over MMG2?

I have not looked at the latest MMG2. But changing your vanilla graphic files and of course making backups first should allow you to run the MMG2 with my changes.

When I get a chance I will look at the files and perhaps see if I can with permission combine as much of ModestusMap with MMG2 without affecting the game play.

Ha it could be called MMMMG2.

Update see OP.

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

What took you so long?
    Thanks, a great update!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does this work with IN latest patch?
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to say nice job on this, it really makes the terrain view stand out as being useful or at least lovely to look upon, instead of the more bland vanilla look.
    Even an ignorant, paranoid, cowardly, ugly, corrupt, unsociable, aristocratic thug can conquer large parts of the world, kill thousands of people and be celebrated as the saviour of the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by orwell
    Just wanted to say nice job on this, it really makes the terrain view stand out as being useful or at least lovely to look upon, instead of the more bland vanilla look.
    Thanks, the vanilla map is indeed very bland I believe that the main reason for this is the method used for texturing the map. Hundreds of small tiles representing different textures a bit like a mosaic floor.

For example if you had a mountain texture\tile you will want it to fit reasonable well next to a hill texture\tile and the hill tile next to a grass tile etc so there is a need to keep the textures similar but also different enough to represent a different terrain. A strong texture will stand out as a square and look ugly.

Even though the squares are themselves masked this can also be problematic because underlying all the other textures is a base texture and this shows when the other tiles are masked.

The technique used in EU3 in a way forces the design to be bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunch Khan
    Does this work with IN latest patch?
    It should but I have stopped playing as I have no enthusiasm left to start a new game.

Anyhow I checked after the patch and everything looks fine.

First Lieutenant
    HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3

Modestus, I know I'm late to your map mod, but do you have an older version of your map around that is working with vanilla EU3 only? I don't have NA and I don't have IN, just vanilla EU3 1.3.

That would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    Very nice effort!

Just a question... is it possible to have the province names on the map when the map is zoomed out to show just the flags, instead of the models?
    Would you consider merging this with MMP?
    IMO it looks mutch better than TOT.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus
    It should but I have stopped playing as I have no enthusiasm left to start a new game.

Anyhow I checked after the patch and everything looks fine.
    Thanks, I will install and check it out in my games. Are there any known performance issues? Would you consider this terrain to slow things down or speed them up?

Thanks again for the beautiful map.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

@ Tunch Khan It certainly wont speed the game up, the cities are larger files so there could be a slight delay when you jump to another area of the world depends on your system I suppose.

@ Valentin the II I looked at merging this with MMP but because of TOT I came to the conclusion you would need to make another mod combining both rather then just changing the vanilla files. I am not going to do it because I would then feel responsible for it.

@ Hauptmann Since most of the changes are only for the graphics MM5.0 contains files that could be used to replace the vanilla files for all versions of EU3.

DO NOT REPLACE any of the vanilla EU3\interface files with the ModestusMap\interface files

When I get a chance I will update the OP with a download of the minimum of files that you can replace that should not cause any problems with EU3.

Should this work with MMP??

Quote Originally Posted by Simon B
    Should this work with MMP??
    No it uses a different map so you would need to mod MMP.

Modestus I love your cities and I would like to use them in my mod if you give me permision. They are fantastic! Also I would like to make them smaller. Is there an easy way of doing that? Which program did you use to make them?
    Look at my map: HandDrawn Map 2.3 Now for HttT

My bugfix: Intel blue map workaround for IN

and my guide: Guide to Modding Fonts

Member of the Magna Mundi team

Quote Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
    Modestus I love your cities and I would like to use them in my mod if you give me permision. They are fantastic! Also I would like to make them smaller. Is there an easy way of doing that? Which program did you use to make them?
    Yes no problem, if you think they will look right by all means use them.

Check out my Capital\Crown as your at it.

The program I used was Blender (free) and this can import most of the .x files.

I am a beginner with 3D programs but I got to a stage where I could create cities by using some of the city view files and then adding my own walls.

As regards making them smaller I think you would have to open (import) them into Blender and re-scale them and then export them as a new .x file.

Obviously to do this you would need to familiarize yourself with the basics of Blender, its an interesting program if your into torturing yourself for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Yes no problem, if you think they will look right by all means use them.

I am a beginner with 3D programs but I got to a stage where I could create cities by using some of the city view files and then adding my own walls.

As regards making them smaller I think you would have to open (import) them into Blender and re-scale them and then export them as a new .x file.

Obviously to do this you would need to familiarize yourself with the basics of Blender, its an interesting program if your into torturing yourself for a while.
    Thanks, I have been playing with Blender myself. and I wanted to ask you. How did you combine what you see in blender with the texture tga?
    Look at my map: HandDrawn Map 2.3 Now for HttT

My bugfix: Intel blue map workaround for IN

and my guide: Guide to Modding Fonts

Member of the Magna Mundi team

sorry nvm
    Last edited by ADP101; 03-12-2008 at 23:58.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast