• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thehuns.png

The Huns ride again!

You know those Hungary people...always wanting to take a bite out of everything :rolleyes:

It seems Hungary has reverted 500 years in time. God save Europe from the Hungarian Arrows!

Castille started a crusade against Algiers, vassalised them (I assume) and called them into the fight. In other words, Algiers is fighting on the side of the aggressors in the Crusade against Algiers, which is quite funny if you ask me =D

I do not know if this is intended: Current mission is to attack Sweden.

Gain core on Österbotten.
vgb.jpg

The same in-game-day I open the mission panel again (no reload, simply closed and opened the panel again):
vgbn.jpg

Same with the province of Finland. So I'm able to actually choose my core? :)

No. The core will be chosen randomly at the moment you complete the mission. It happens that things that do this get displayed really badly.

you are able to do it , if you attack them while paused , then close/open the mission until it spawns with the provine you want

Just read through about a hundred pages of the most recent stuff... my roommates probably thought I was insane with all my suffocated laughter coming through the walls.

It inspired me to start up my first EU3 game in quite a while, to see if I could get any material to share. I was playing DW 5.1, (map is so gorgeous now!) Byzantium. Getting a good start was VERY challenging. Eventually managed to get a lucky break by working with Castille to flatten the Ottoman fleet and things went swimmingly from there.

The game started to get strange pretty quick. Strange in relation to my pre-DW experiences, that is... with the new nomad mechanics, this may be fairly mundane! Lithuania and the Golden Horde essentially collapsed each other, with Lithuania turning into a mess of Russian minors and Poland, Hungary and myself all rushing to occupy as much of the Horde's land as possible. I started spamming settlers, and even took Colonial Ventures as my first NA. Then Naples overran Hungary and balkanized as well, leaving a super stretched out Poland as the only eastern european powers of note.

Then as I started to head south, I noticed that the Timurid's name was out of place. WAAAY out of place. So I loaded up the game as them to see what was up.

I was scared until I remembered how utterly worthless (economically speaking) the middle east is. They only have 60k troops, probably spread out to many fronts, so I think its manageable. I'll start with Qara Qoyunlu (sp?).

When you're closer to Beijing than Warsaw, you're no longer in Europe.

A geographically challenged Oman and Hejaz.

No pics from my current point in the game, but the Timurids have retaken all of their original territory, the middle east, and are working their way down the coast of Africa. I've finished up the last few territories of QQ and Nogai, and south of me is just a sea of red! Hoping for an epic showdown with Tamerlane's descendants. I don't know about the historicity of it, but DW certainly is providing a novel and enjoyable experience!