• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
chefportnen said:
I have that same problem, except its in Vattern in Japan, but I don't think a Japanese province should be named Vattern.

Are you playing with the Sengoku Mod or with a mod that includes it? Some lake provinces in Scandinavia in the vanilla game were replaced with new Japanese provinces. You don't have an updated text.csv file in your mod to reflect those changes.

Last edited:
Now I know the ottoman empire was quite strong in its day but this is ridiculous!!

The ottomans eventually won back all their occupied provinces though they failed to capture brandenburg thanks to a timely intervention by ansbach. Nevertheless, that's the largest i've seen them take so far. In the same game, France later occupied the entire of spain and the north american spanish colonies for at least a century but failed to attack south america for some reason...weird.

I'm coping with a similar or even larger ottoman empire in one of my games. They have everything between HRE and russia up to the baltic. Also a lot of the arabic lands and parts of northern africa. I was able to keep them out of the HRE for now and sometime in the future I may even push them back but it's hell.

Ottoman's are quite easy to win in my games they don't get over 10 army tech level easilly and usually track behind after that so when you got your army over that number just hire mercs or recruit army and good generals and they will be crushed quite easilly. I did it in my Albania AAR. Just to note they were almost the same size in my game as they are seen in that picture.

Also I have seen then many times bigger. There is several pictures in this thread where they have counquered almost whole east europe and kicked Mamlucks and Persia ass in the asia.

Heh, also I now know why AI gets those fleets with zero ships. I had myself one navy of zero ships after a naval battle that I won but the ship that was in that navy group got destroyed. So I had a navy that I could move that didn't have any ships in it.

My German game seems to thrive on small nations acting like Sparta..

shawnee.jpg

I better not go to war with any of their neighbors, that Germany guy looks powerful, although their other neighbor, Germany, has a huge trade empire.

Moscow may claim to be the Third Rome, but here they just got pwned by the original, accept-no-substitutes first Rome...

papacy.gif

And what makes it even funnier is that soon after this screenshot was taken, the Papacy's territory in Italy was annexed by Urbino, so they ended up moving to Russia entirely. :) (They also owned Riga, though)

StephenT said:
And what makes it even funnier is that soon after this screenshot was taken, the Papacy's territory in Italy was annexed by Urbino, so they ended up moving to Russia entirely. :) (They also owned Riga, though)

The interesting part is. Did they move to Moscow?

Falahk said:
i dont know what the pope did to deserve this(and yes this is in MM gold):

Apparently, in MM the AI occassionally takes a break from its historicalness to play a quick game of Spank the Pope, as your screenie shows, or Spank the Teuton:

EU3_184.png

...or even worse, spank the Montenegrin:

EU3_202.png

(The outcome of above spankings: the Teutonic Order lost 2 provinces to Mazovia, 1 to Poland, 2 to Pskov, 1 to Tver, out of 9 leaving it with just three. Unfortunately, Pskov and Tver took provinces in the HRE and gave them back when the "Province of the Holy Roman Empire" event fired.
As for Montenegro, it came under a combined siege from about five nations, for a total of about 60,000 troops against its 1000 man garrison. Within about 2 weeks it recieved the title of Newest Unhappy Subject of the Ottoman Empire.)

PS: Note that the Ottoman provinces in Hungary resemble a bird, see my earlier post for an illustrated version.

culturefo9.jpg

The people of Badajoz did not like their Portuguese "oppressors," despite the fact that Castillians were tolerated throughout the realm. So they decided to come up with a brilliant plan; a plan that would enable them to pay less taxes as well as allow them throw dung at some poor government official for being more oppressed. They decided to become Egyptians.

(The province actually became a Portuguese culture province.)

93270667pi6.jpg

The natives decided to steal a cannon from the Scots, knowing that wooden spears wouldn't work to well when attacking a fortress. How they got the cannon is anyone's guess.

eu3englandlol.jpg

Red= Apparently England has an ally that does not exist anymore, I annexed Trebizond about a CENTURY ago. :wacko:

Blue= this happens in the game I am playing WAY too much.

Green= England allied with the Mongol Khante. lolwut. :confused:

Also, I would like to ask, though this is not exactly the right place to, about this mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307628

I sadly can not post in the mods forum yet, so I would like to ask if that mod can work on already saved games or does it have to be a new game?

Nuke74 said:
I sadly can not post in the mods forum yet, so I would like to ask if that mod can work on already saved games or does it have to be a new game?

Register your game in "My Games/Registrations".