• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

I was playing as Ryukyu and decided to see how Europe was doing.

Where do I begin...

First of all, I have never even heard of the country York in EUIII, and have never seen the U.K. this screwed up. ;)
Poland and the Ottomans are almost non-existant, surprising for this early in the game.
Looks like Russia's never going to form...
Scottish Norway?
Riga not owned by the TU, and expanded?

eu3game2011-08-0102-34-07-26.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen the "Golden Horde Europe" before, but in this multiplayer game the GH decided that europe is situated to the east.

Yeah that also happened to me.

Hindu Mecca

In my 5.0 game as Austria, Hindustan invaded the Arabian peninsula and converted the local population of Mecca and Medina to the Hindu faith:

GcHIz.png

dgfuq.png

As countries were absorbed and became independent again, the game went on to see Hedjaz and other Arab minors with Hindu as the state religion.

My leash dogs ended up on the wrong side of the cascade. :)

leash.jpg

I was playing as Ryukyu and decided to see how Europe was doing.

Where do I begin...

First of all, I have never even heard of the country York in EUIII, and have never seen the U.K. this screwed up. ;)
Poland and the Ottomans are almost non-existant, surprising for this early in the game.
Looks like Russia's never going to form...
Scottish Norway?
Riga not owned by the TU, and expanded?

eu3game2011-08-0102-34-07-26.jpg

Was York added in the latest patch? I ask because it is not even mentioned in the Wiki anywhere, and I have never seen it before in game.

The only rare part in that (for me) is that Riga has expanded.
Btw, no York existed in HttT as well! I think.. :p I know I've seem them though.

The only rare part in that (for me) is that Riga has expanded.
Btw, no York existed in HttT as well! I think.. :p I know I've seem them though.

Riga expands for me all the time, unless it was released.

How on earth does York form, then? You can't release it since it has no cores in England (there's only Cornwall, Wales, and Northumberland, the latter of which I do not understand since it was never an independent nation), and there is literally nothing on the Wiki about it.

If there is a York nation, then I bet there has to be a Lancaster nation (or else it wouldn't make much sense).

Oxford, York and Lancaster can be English nationalist revolters, just like Catalunya and I believe Danzig as well (don't pin me down on it). They happen when nationalist revolters appear in the country.

I've got a trio of oddities I figured were interesting enough to post from my most recent game:

The first, Netherlands formed...in South America. I'm not really sure how that came to be, exactly, as at the time I was more focused on making my borders in Italy somewhat more presentable. Oddly enough, Holland and Friesland are still in possession of the Dutch lands in Europe.

EU3_7.jpg

This next one has Brazil, in Morocco's traditional place, with Berber Culture. I'm not entire sure why the AI gave Brazil cores there, but there you have it.

EU3_9.jpg

This final one depicts a Yemen that had been disconnected from its holdings in the Arabian Peninsula, and then going bankrupt, giving it an Orthodox leadership, and then somehow making the transition to Reformed. Notice, also, that their independence is guaranteed by the aforementioned Catholic, Berber Brazil.

EU3_10.jpg

And all in one sitting. You just have to love this game

And the leader of Yemen is titled "Doge".