• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Happens all the bleeding time. If you haven't occupied an OPM yet - even if you're sieging them something awful and they have no army left at all - they'll keep sending you ridiculous peace offers until you finally do occupy them.
It's really annoying.

Haven't seen you in awhile.

Im pretty sure these have been posted already, dont know the record but still :rolleyes:
LongSiege.gif

Also, latest game.. Probably already been done, but just for the hell of it.. Felt like making a muslim germany;
MusGer.jpg

No cheats used?

None at all, it was tempting at times though.. Took 3-4 restarts to get the game off the ground.
Did use a gamey exploit, however, kept releasing vassal candar/karaman (lowers BB by 2 points/province), later to cancel them as vassals only to reabsorb them using the reconquest CB for no infamy gain..

I was lucky enough to get the Mamluks into a Personal union in 1405 as well, saving a fair bit of trouble.. never inherited though, just integrated in the 1650s :/

Main trick was to maintain naval supremacy in the Mediterranean allowing for quick shuffling of troops back and forth to cover all territory, galleys and transports are really cheap to maintain even when far above the support limit.. This allowed for 40-60k troops to make landfall in portugal/castille while still maintaining the capability to rush back to anatolia in case of rebellions. Avoided angering England and built up 50 galleys to deal with the Portugese and Castillian navies.

Hordes were menacing in the start, both the golden horde and the Timurids were satisfied with a concession of defeat to go away most of the times though..

Naples/Sicily were the first to be removed, followed by Portugal and (partially) Castille. France was scorched earth to kingdom come and forced to release the major states (Guyenne, Dauphine etc.. the war took a good 7 years though). With France nullified, remaining Castille and Aragon were absorbed. This followed a verrrrrry long european war to dismantle the HRE (stability took a good 3 years to regain at this point making 'A Formal Request' not to be toyed with)..

Though any war after this was far from trivial (quite large Austria and Bohemia), it just sortof rolled onwards.. Added trade, tax and production income lowered stability costs to about 8 months investment per step by the time i moved the capital and swapped culture and at that point it was just about waiting for the required cores to fire..
Germany formed in mid 1677, kept playing a bit but decided to call it quits, achieved what I set out to achieve :)

So it was an Ottomans > Germany game?

Also, you should give Denmark to Sweden so they can form the Scandinavia from Vicky2's Divergences ^_^

How do you swap culture when you own half of Europe?

I thought you needed to have the majority of your provinced to be of that culture?

How do you swap culture when you own half of Europe?

I thought you needed to have the majority of your provinced to be of that culture?

I remembered this from an AAR i read a while back that it needs to be the dominant culture, not the single-larger-than-everything-else-combined culture..
There are a fair few rhinelaender provinces in the game, think i counted 16 or thereabouts. If you now have 14 turkish, 12 castilian, 10 cosmopolitaine and any other culture totalling less than 16, its possible to go rhinelaender as it is the dominant culture :)

Behold Mega-Syria, the third most powerful nation on the planet (and without any help from me). Can they survive against invaders from Austrian Egypt though?

ga5WN.jpg

Jeez.

Look at Hungary at the edge of the map there... I kinda want to see what that looks like too, haha

No, that's me. Hungary's in the top left. I've made a new nation that is a west slavic cultural union since I control Poland, Bohemia and have Hungary in a PU.

I think I had the most luck anyone can have in this game:

1% chance to convert and I did it in lesss than a year. After I converted another province with 1.7% in less than 2 years :D

I think I had the most luck anyone can have in this game:

1% chance to convert and I did it in lesss than a year. After I converted another province with 1.7% in less than 2 years :D

I"ve had under a week , and seen a 1 day conversion ... that missionary must have been a sant!

BTW , nice muslim Germany! :D

No, that's me. Hungary's in the top left. I've made a new nation that is a west slavic cultural union since I control Poland, Bohemia and have Hungary in a PU.

Whoops. Now I feel dumb, ha

We seem to have a problem...

eu3game2011072919073490.jpg

This was an observer game, any recommendations on who to play?

islameverywhere.jpg

Even with my mod, to be able to expand like that as a steppe nomad this quickly?

Looks like France won the War of the Spanish Succession!
France is the savior of Europe, now, free everyone from the Muslim blasphemists!