• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
what mod is this? the map looks so cartooney o_O

I was alluding to the two nation's shared history and the reversal of fortune, not saying 'zomg a personal union, how STRANGGGE!!11!'... Jeez...

My nation's dynasty also has rulers in Austria & England, sort of a reverse Habsburg (which really sounds like it should be a wrestling move...).

what mod is this? the map looks so cartooney o_O
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?511257-Re-textured-map-for-Divine-Wind.
I like it, gives more of a map feel than the vanilla half-map/half-bird's-eye-view thing they've got going on. Ideally, I'd like to see a Risk-esque map mod... (Medieval: Total War is still my fave looks wise).

EU3_16.jpg

That Netherlands looks delicious.

This is definitely one of the strangest DoWs I've ever received. Yes, let's attack, without a CB mind you, the nation on the other side of the continent that is devouring the GH, using the powerful Qasim Khanate as a plaything, has an array of loyal vassals and just finished beating down the HRE. Also we only have 3 ships that can actually ship men there. And we're outnumbered five-to-one.

VSU9C.jpg

This is definitely one of the strangest DoWs I've ever received. Yes, let's attack, without a CB mind you, the nation on the other side of the continent that is devouring the GH, using the powerful Qasim Khanate as a plaything, has an array of loyal vassals and just finished beating down the HRE. Also we only have 3 ships that can actually ship men there. And we're outnumbered five-to-one.

VSU9C.jpg

Polish black propaganda! We can do it, boys! :p

EU3_MAP_AZT_156768_1.jpg

My first game using 5.1 has been highly unusual. I've been playing the Aztecs and desperately hoping to encounter the Western powers, because I am teching pitifully slow (tech level 1 for most things, 3 for a couple). It is 1567, and I have not yet seen any European colonies near me, usually meaning that there is turbulence in Europe. So I boot up as Portugal, whose ships I occasionally see off my coasts, and boy has Europe taken a turn for the bizarre.

EU3_1.jpg

First, there are only three countries with colonies in New World - Portugal (no surprise there), Aragon (!), and Granada (!!!).

EU3_3.jpg

Fez has done well for itself. Aragon and Granada have dominated the Iberian Peninsula, and even Navarra managed to survive until very recently...

EU3_6.jpg

...While Castille has been reduced to a OPM. Some digging around in their history showed that crusades called by Morocco and Tunisia damaged them greatly early on.

EU3_4.jpg

Also, France is in ruins, while Scotland has completely eliminated Britain. The Irish states have some pretty strange owners.