• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wezqu said:
the computer decided that Moskva will be the new capital.

I'm no expert, but my educated guess was russian or whatever it is was maybe the most common/accepted culture? thus Moskva

Snake IV said:
At least in EUII the new capital would be the richest or the most populous (don't remember) core province. Presumingly that is what happened here too.

Yeah the funny thing was that Mamlucks were almost destroyed by Persia and after Persia's capital moved they conquered almost all of it back. Also Armenia is bigger than ever I have seen it any of my games.

General_Grant said:
If we think about it it may made sence. Even if its 1579.

The Castillan trade center effectivly became protestant a few months after protestantism started in that Aragonese province in south Italy.

Venice, after a few brutals war with me than they where reduced to a single-province state, was effectivly annexed by Poland. When i wanted to get it back (as Italy, 10 years after that screenshot), a bizzare war trough Austria began, with the Poles sending all to North Italy because of their military acces. Same went with me seizing Cracow...

I also have no idea about what Cornwall did in Canada.

That was definitivly a weird game, i had wars with Sweden about thoses silly small islands in the Baltic than i got at an obscure moment i don't even remember, as you can see they have an army in Austria and where ready to invade me at the time.

For the religion protestantism dominated the entire Spain and most of Italy, while Northern Europe remained absolutly loyal to the pope.

I like EU3, finally. :)

That game would make one interesting AAR... pretty damn strange.

BTW, who did England lose to that resulted in Wales and Cornwall being released? Obviously not France, because France is at war with Cornwall and Cornwall would be their ally. But France is the only country I've ever seen actually invade the island of Great Britain in EU3, though I have seen a huge number of different nations hold chunks of Ireland (Norway, Switzerland, Brittany, France, Scotland, and the Teutonic Order, to list a few)

The glorious nation of Bremen!

Lulz @ Bremen

EU3bremen.jpg

Red- The glorious nation of Bremen in its entirety
Pink- The glorious army of Bremen in its entirety
Yellow- Bremen's glorious diplomatic policy

Helius said:
We are a plucky bunch, up north. I am from Bremen, and I can assure you that we are quite proud of our independence. :)
Thanks for the heart-warming screenshot.

Frankfurts better :p

Helius said:
We are a plucky bunch, up north. I am from Bremen, and I can assure you that we are quite proud of our independence. :)
Thanks for the heart-warming screenshot.

its not to insult you, I have nothing against Bremen. Its just kinda funny seeing them warning the three most powerful countries int he world

They have balls of steel

From my inca game.
What's strange is how incas, even westernized, manage to dominate europe with a -50% tech penalty...

austria&denmark are my allied vassals

This is how it all started after I westernized...

When I started fighting burgundy & france (locked in an alliance since I first set foot in europe), they both were #1 & #2 income-wise. This demonstrates how bad the AI is in NA (just as bad as in EU3 for that matter...)

Pellucid said:
No, what's strange about that isn't the human player doing wonky stuff; what's strange about that is MegaOttomans. Also, who is that in Estonia?

yes and no. Since NA large latin countries are always backwards tech-wise. So the ottomans are in a good position to become strong.
Since in my inca game I have to rely on provinces with other latin nations cores on them to build cavalry, I was pretty happy when I ended up with one where I could build ottoman cavalry which is a tiny bit better.
France, austria & burgundy never reached the land tech to build the 2nd latin cavalry unit.

I even had a game where a 2 province morocco (capital + colony in... taiwan) westernized and ended up 2nd in tech just after me.

And yes, now the papal states always end up in forlorn places.

My point is, while it's definitely fun to play (it was much harder achieving that with inca than with say... brandenburg for instance because I converted all those german provinces to shamanism; therefore catholic countries can seize them if they win a siege) it's just sad the AI handles the game so bad.
Even in games where it has vastly powerful alliances (as in this game, france+burgundy) the ai just can't handle an expansionist country.

Now that is mystery O_O

Note: only read on if you want the "mystery" destroyed :rolleyes:

My guess is that Bohemia had a port province with core, built some ships and lost the province. Since the AI has no naval attrition (#%@§ !!) the ships dont care and if they didnt die they still sail around the world today -.-

You may call me Mr. Smartass or Captain Obvious now...