• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is that the Ottomans stretching all the way to the Baltic?

Well look at my Europe!

soc09f.jpg

Gets weirder every month.

EDIT: Oh jeez I just noticed that there is another Hungro-Polish war or however the hell you say it.

How did Aquilea get Bursa and portion of Greece? I never saw Hungary do so well in my games ever. Austria and the Ottomans just hammer them with Poland aiding their demise.

Last edited:
Castilian eastern med domination sends shivers down my spine

I'm surprised no one noticed the Mamluks in the caucasus. Before Syria , Iraq, and Armenia declared independence, that was all Mameluk territory.

Also, do my eyes deceive me, or is Bulgaria pretty close to getting historical borders?
Mediaeval ones, yes :) It's significantly past its modern borders.

Yeah, that is Bulgaria with awesome borders. And this is a singleplayer game, which makes it even better.

Edit: I haven't interfere with Bulgaria, England, France, Liege, Transylvania or Cyprus. Thus all of these borders happened all by itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is Bulgaria with awesome borders. And this is a singleplayer game, which makes it even better.

Edit: I haven't interfere with Bulgaria, England, France, Liege, Transylvania or Cyprus. Thus all of these borders happened all by itself.

Even a butterfly can cause a storm. Maybe annexing one of those OPMs caused these amazing borders!

Even a butterfly can cause a storm. Maybe annexing one of those OPMs caused these amazing borders!

Good to see Chaos Theory is influencing how people view EU3, haha

Being bored, I started a hands-off game as Japan-proper. The only alteration to the game is that Terra Incognita has been turned off. Clearly this was a good thing, as shenanigans are already afoot...

moroccan_shenanigans.jpg

Looking at the history, Morocco had JUST gotten it through conquest. They have one other, acquired at roughly the same time.

This mess is what my save calls Eastern Europe? Bohemia has seemed to lose sight of the idea of "not conquering everything you are at war with"

2011_07_09_00006.jpg

Borat would be happy

2011_07_09_00007.jpg

Sunni Byzantium? Oh the irony.

2011_07_10_00002.jpg

Last edited:
Sunni Byzantium is not strange at all. Ottomans converted those provinces to sunni and then Byz revolted.

EDIT: What the HELL is Burgundy doing there???

I've also never seen Sicily do so well :eek:

I have, but it was in IN; my first TO -> Prussia -> Germany game. They were pretty much the "final boss" as they had even knocked out the BBB and controlled most of Western Europe. ಠ_ಠ

That was a weird game in general, now that I think back. Too bad I didn't save anything from it. Sicily and Byzantium had basically formed the West and East Roman Empire borders, while I held Germany, Scandinavia, and large parts of Asia (full USSR borders + parts of China + India). The new world was unsurprisingly held by GB + Portugal.

Being bored, I started a hands-off game as Japan-proper. The only alteration to the game is that Terra Incognita has been turned off. Clearly this was a good thing, as shenanigans are already afoot...

moroccan_shenanigans.jpg

Looking at the history, Morocco had JUST gotten it through conquest. They have one other, acquired at roughly the same time.

the AI does not suffer from naval attrition

From what I see you actively interfered at least with Austria and Poland, reducing the normal pressure on Southeast Europe. Bohemia (yourself) was not interested in the Balcans and Asia Minor either. So after a collapse of Hungary and the Ottomans (probably due to the hordes?) the mid-sized local countries had enough space to expand.