• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's probably this. Aachen's flag is very similar to the arms of the HRE.

Its not Aachen, Aachen is in the north and is allied with Burgundy.

Okay, here's one for you. The year is 1652. My Spanish empire is running rampant, having united Iberia, smashed France into a dozen pieces, and allied with a very early Great Britain. I've colonized the Caribbean, most of South America and a nice chunk of the Gulf Coast of Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Now who is picking up the crumbs? GB has colonized pieces of West Africa, Patagonia, and yes North America; France has taken South Africa; and Poland and the Ottomans are fighting for influence over Benin; while Persia and Ming China compete over East Africa. Okay, now yes, there are the Dutch colonies: the Netherlands never formed, but Holland has taken to the seas. Good for them.

Now, speaking of which, where is Holland? Austria owns the province of Holland and Burgundy (still strong in 1652) owns the rest of the Netherlands. Oh, there's Holland, that orangish wedge between British Canada and British Virginia! And look Queen Jakoba II Nassau rules from Powhatan. That's right, right where Washington, DC is today. Pretty cool in my book.

EU3_254.jpg

So I've been working on this mod, right? It's like a mixture of the late antiquity and the early medieval eras all in 1399 for no good reason, anachronisms up the wazoo, whatever. Tossed in some more Native American countries, been running a few hands-off games to see how the AI behaves in the new scenario.

For reference, here's Europe at scenario start in 1399:

JAnky.jpg

I run a fifty-year hands off game as the Wabanaki, check on Europe and see this:

fUj3q.jpg

That's a Byzantine Cornwall you see there, along with a Moravia on steroids and some Visigoths in Britain for no apparent reason. Also, Toledo is no longer in Toledo province, how does that even happen.

This thing seriously needs some tweaking.
Now that's a interesting looking mod. Have you uploaded it yet? If that's the case, can you give me a link? :)

I think the strangest thing about this screenshot is that you're playing 5.0
How could you tell it is was 5.0...?
Now that's a interesting looking mod. Have you uploaded it yet? If that's the case, can you give me a link? :)
I'm trying to figure out how to make it compatible with 5.1 but thus far have no idea what needs changing.

I wouldn't have guessed specifically 5.0... but for several 5.1b updates, there are additionnal map modes, for which your sceenshots are lacking the buttons. ;)

I'm trying to figure out how to make it compatible with 5.1 but thus far have no idea what needs changing.

Have you uploaded it for 5.0?

Just two days after Charles I's death, Cromwell is King of both England and France? I'm both scared and sceptical. :)

They are mad