• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
no_mameluks_please.png

"Well, you failed to destroy them, but you can at least annoy them!"

While browsing through the start dates I noticed this:

2011030600004.jpg

2011030600005.jpg

Being unaware of the great Bengalese Sultanate of the Andamans, I loaded them up, and was amused to find myself the ruler of a vast kingdom of several hundred subjects, whose number was rapidly decreasing. Eventually, the colony died, putting me in an interesting situation in which I owned literally nothing. No wonder even peasants looked down on me.

And here's some interesting screenshots from my current game as Oman:

2011052100001.jpg

Probably the most successful reformation I've ever seen, at least in my own games.

2011051400002.jpg

I have no idea how Najd became a horde. However, it led to their continental holdings being colonized by myself, Hedjaz, and Yemen, leaving them only with Bahrain, which I deemed too worthless to take. Despite their size, they'd still declare war on me like clockwork every 5 years, which would always end in either myself or my uber-Yemen vassal beating them back into paying their grand tribute of .3 ducats a month. Not too smart, but you do have to admire their tenacity.

Eventually I got sick of their antics and colonized/released them, getting rid of some worthless desert provinces that they had cores on in the process. Interestingly, they remained steppe nomads even after being released, giving me a steady stream of colonists until I sold the rest of my Arabian holdings to Yemen.

Last edited:
Clear the cache folder in map/ and restart your campaign.

Golden Horde.
In Europe.
gh.jpg

Bohemia- HRE -failed to hold them off. Burgundy gets next crack:rofl:

(Earlier Poland turned into a steppe nation, after Bohemia took them GH took over. Weird Horde game.)

If you owned nothing, then what was your tech price?

EDIT: AND - IS IT : CANADIAN AVINGION??????

I loaded up, and instead of losing population I'm gaining it. In fact, I only lose 13 a year at no colonial maintenance. I guess I must have remembered it wrong, but I could have sworn that I lost control of the province. without losing the game. I don't know what happened, maybe the natives attacked, though I suspect it was just a glitch, as I recall not even being able to select the province, and it seems weird to me that the game would continue after losing your last province, even if it wasn't from war.

I could try letting the game run it's course until the -13 pop a year finally kills the colony, but I don't feel like sitting around for 12 years doing nothing but hope that GB doesn't declare war.

I loaded up, and instead of losing population I'm gaining it. In fact, I only lose 13 a year at no colonial maintenance. I guess I must have remembered it wrong, but I could have sworn that I lost control of the province. without losing the game. I don't know what happened, maybe the natives attacked, though I suspect it was just a glitch, as I recall not even being able to select the province, and it seems weird to me that the game would continue after losing your last province, even if it wasn't from war.

I could try letting the game run it's course until the -13 pop a year finally kills the colony, but I don't feel like sitting around for 12 years doing nothing but hope that GB doesn't declare war.

I think that it is bug, like the one that i had with netherlands - i forced them to relase countries, so they had no provinces, and they made some colony in america, and this colony was their capital... This is well known bug, and i suppose it was patched some time ago, but anyway this may be kind of such bug. It is just like that capital can't be moved to a colony - at least i think so... so they did not thought that it will be a problem... it is like with countries that not exist, but are still your allies in vanilla... this was kind of annoying if you were at war with them, because there was no way out...

EDIT: Anyway now you have option how to play "realy-hands off game". XD

EDIT2: I just suppose that hordes get too big buff. Golden horde should have other culture than tatar - it would at least give a chance of that they will fall to rebbels and fall apart...

I think that it is bug, like the one that i had with netherlands - i forced them to relase countries, so they had no provinces, and they made some colony in america, and this colony was their capital... This is well known bug, and i suppose it was patched some time ago, but anyway this may be kind of such bug. It is just like that capital can't be moved to a colony - at least i think so... so they did not thought that it will be a problem... it is like with countries that not exist, but are still your allies in vanilla... this was kind of annoying if you were at war with them, because there was no way out...

EDIT: Anyway now you have option how to play "realy-hands off game". XD

EDIT2: I just suppose that hordes get too big buff. Golden horde should have other culture than tatar - it would at least give a chance of that they will fall to rebbels and fall apart...

What's really weird about this instance is that Bengali Andamans are programmed into the history files, and that they don't own the islands at all until after all their holdings on the mainland vanish. I'm guessing that a bored Paradox dev put it in just to screw with the minds of the few people who would notice it.

There is a screenshot in this thread from a while ago of Kongo becoming emperor then uniting the HRE

I think there is an event/decision that turns Kongo Catholic on the arrival of the Portuguese. That's why they become eligible for HRE.

I know crazy stuff involving hordes isn't particularly strange these days, but this is really weird. The Golden Horde managed to reach as far as Croatia before being pushed back. Now they have two province in Hungary that are permanently occupied by Bosnia and Serbia without any attempt by either to colonise them. Are vassals prevented from doing that or something? I suspect that they'll still be there long after the rest of the horde is wiped out by Poland.

j6QU4.jpg

Played with MEIOU, huge Swedish global blob, a lot of custom houses boosting TE a bit, damn much cash.
Got bored and went to harass Central Europe, becoming HRE.
I could still raise the income by building more in recently annexed HRE provinces, this was the month after the Renovation of the Imperium.
What are your best ones?

EU3_17-1.jpg

Played with MEIOU, huge Swedish global blob, a lot of custom houses boosting TE a bit, damn much cash.
Got bored and went to harass Central Europe, becoming HRE.
I could still raise the income by building more in recently annexed HRE provinces, this was the month after the Renovation of the Imperium.
What are your best ones?

EU3_17-1.jpg
Why is this strange?