• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd love to see a map of the other continents in that Venice game!!

Sure thing.
EU3_MAP_VEN_170512_1.jpg

First AI WC on the way? :p

Closest I've seen so far.

By the way, I just played out a major war scenario with the HRE. They're no pushover, but Venice will have no problem at all tearing them up. Just gotta be smart, don't drive up your WE marching through their lands until you've cut their huge army down to size. I've set up the game for fantastic generals too, use those!

Don't really need to form any alliances because every country in the world besides venice or the HRE is basically far too weak and incompetent to have any effect.

I know England has a tendency to collapse in DW, but this might be the fastest failure I've ever seen. Less than ten years and they're gone, with Irish, Frisians, Danes, Iberians and Italians all jumping into the dogpile for some spoils.

xb9F8.jpg

Holy...!

That AI Holy Roman Empire from harmonic42... one fearsome powerhouse.

I've got a few of my own. New patch (10/05) means new strange things:

This one has an Europe without trade leagues very soon in the game (actually about 4-5 years back, but I only realised it later, so ~60 years into the game).
Genoa turned into a feudal monarchy, Hansa was annexed by two countries (Pommerania controls Lubeck), and Venice is under Milan's control iirc.
nHhPw.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, here's the map from the latest point in game:

gxIAZ.jpg

But I've seen it happen quite a few times with the latest patches so it's not considered strange by me anymore :D

Nice map, seems to be a fun game :)

I usually see Timur or GH eat up the entire area, and then collapse into random chaos :(

Nice map, seems to be a fun game :)

I usually see Timur or GH eat up the entire area, and then collapse into random chaos :(

Definitely. Always having the tech lead as Lorraine apart from Navy is a very nice thing & having much fun with the latest 10/May patch, lots of wacky events I never knew existed. Not sure if related, but example: my king went crazy about 30 years in and was hell bent on killing my heir due to some lunatic illusions, and then next year went completely mad ("Dance Macabre" event). I had two options: either stay on the throne and suffer stab hits, loss of tradition, prestige, and so on, or die. As I didn't want to have a regency council on the onset of a coming conquest war, I chose to stay on the throne, suffering through all those penalties. Next month you know what happens? He actually dies!! :(

England snapped up the rest of the Golden Horde before Bohemia could, so Bohemia went on a rampage in Central Europe instead? Also they ruined successful Ulm -.-

Yes! Poor Ulm, I wanted to help it. Alas, Ulm was gobbled up by Bohemia, which has been Dishonourable scum for years now, but no one dares touch it. The only ones which can go against it is either France or England teamed up with Castille or me. I'm allied with England (we're same "de Metz" dynasty) but couldn't take on Bohemia due to England always going to war with France :( It's like Bohemia's just sitting there and being an opportunist...

You're in a pretty tight spot there, squashed between France and Bohemia...

You tell me... See how my army is positioned along the French border? Everytime truce ends, France pokes me with a stick of about 40-60k men strong, in 2 or 3 successive waves :wacko:. I can only defend, can't even counter attack. Last thing I'd want is a Bohemian reconquest war behind the frontline... that'd kill me right away, which is why I sold off most of the Austrian territories even though I had cores on them after an event.

Scandinavia was bigger, basically the size of Sweden plus some more territories, and at one point went to war with Bohemia, but their army just sat in Pommerania's territory and decided to rot there with attrition... :(

At least good thing is that 2 electors are backing Bohemia and 2 are backing me. If I can tip the scale, I'll get HRE in my palm. That'd boost my forcelimit considerably... and then... mwahahaha... BOHEMIA WILL BURN! *evil laugh*

Sorry, off-topic-ish, will be my last. Just wanted to reply.