• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shine said:
Similar situation in RL when Italy was united. Those who weren't happy with unification esthablished San Marino as a tiny autonomous state within Italy.

Sorry but that is completly wrong

San Marino was established in the 300 (can't remebers the exact year) by Christians who were fleeing the religious persecution perpetrated by the Romans, Italy was unified only 1561 years later.

The reason San Marino was never incorporated under the new Italian Kingdom are quite different as well:
- San Marino is a republic since the 1600
- San Marino during the 19th century gave much support to the very people who were persecuted because of their support for an united Italian state

For those two reasons Garibaldi accepted the wish of San Marino not to be incorporated under an Italian Kingdom (they were a Repubblic)... that's why San Marino is an indipendent nation separated from Italy. :)

Saluti

Shine said:
I stand corrected!

Lesson learnt, never claim knowledge on a barely rememberd topic read on Wikipedia yonks ago :eek:o

Glad I could finally help in something in these boards...

Afterall Italy is my country I'm supposed to know her history a little bit :)

Saluti

kolmy said:
And he his explaining how that 125% happened...
Oh... well... I've never seen a 125%. When my sieges hit 100% they seem to stay there until it falls... so... I dunno... I didn't know there was a correlation between (defenders desert) and the 125%, so when gigau commented on (defenders desert) I thought he had missed the 125%... :eek:o

eu32fw2.png

I guess the Russians were tired of the snow.

That's actually all of Novgorod. They were left with 2 provinces in the middle of an absolutely massive Lithuania (they extend from where they started in the west to somewhere east of what used to be Sibir, having taken out everything between the Arctic Ocean and Persia in the process, and they also own about half of the Balkans), but finally fell against the Lithuanian attacks.

It's also a bit strange that the Caribbean is barely colonized. Hispaniola and Anguilla are Castillian, I have 2 provinces in Cuba (Sweden has the third) as well as the Turks Islands, and St. Thomas (rebel-controlled for about a century and a half by now) and St. Kitts belong to England. Everything else is unoccupied. But North America is a different story - England has gone absolutely crazy and owns all but about 8 provinces between the Great Lakes and Panama.

That last one is priceless !
I love this topic, it always feels a bit like those "find the seven differences" puzzle games. Most of the pictures, I find myself thinking "what's so strange about this ?" and then two replies later, someone points it out and then I go "oh yeah, right. Heh, that IS strange !"
Take that 125% siege ... I would never have noticed :-D

Great job, everyone !

I like how they have three colonial advisors, too, haha.

...can a country be totally destroyed by natives if it's left in a situation like the one with Russia there?

Look who decided to start down the road of colonial empires...
VijaynagaraColonials.jpg

This one I'll let you guys figure out... who can be the first to guess what's wrong with this picture?
ScotlandHatesHimself.jpg

Snake IV said:
Should be that. Could also be that he has relations with himself.
Not very good relations though... You've done something that made you hate yourself crusaderknight? :rofl:

Snake IV said:
Should be that. Could also be that he has relations with himself.
Correct!

fudd_bopo said:
Not very good relations though... You've done something that made you hate yourself crusaderknight? :rofl:
I think my King is schizophrenic. He should love himself, though, because he had a nice colonial empire in North America, and he rules parts of England, plus Iceland, Denmark, parts of Norway, Oldenburg, and he inherited the Palatinate. He must be crazy as well. :rofl:

As far as I know, you still shouldn't be a non-member elector...

Here's some more of my images:

Only reform the navy for my landlocked nation, please!

landlockednavyreformer1md4.jpg

landlockednavyreformer2ef4.jpg

Finally, a decent invasion by the AI.

largeinvasionforcehl5.jpg

Vassal nations allied to vassal leader....and another vassal under the same leader. Top image is Sardinia, bottom is Savoy.

multialliedvassal1vg3.jpg

multialliedvassal2de0.jpg

Burgundy eats it.

pwnedburgundycr3.jpg

Somebody's a little too confident.

overconfidentcherokeeou2.jpg

Castille does a damn good job turbo-annexing what used to be a full-sized Portugal.

portugalgetsturboannexezv3.jpg

The rebel colonists.

rebelcolonistsvk5.jpg

Mr. Colon made it one week.

shortlivedcardinalrd1.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Excel said:
That last one is priceless !
I love this topic, it always feels a bit like those "find the seven differences" puzzle games. Most of the pictures, I find myself thinking "what's so strange about this ?" and then two replies later, someone points it out and then I go "oh yeah, right. Heh, that IS strange !"
Take that 125% siege ... I would never have noticed :-D

Great job, everyone !
That happens if you bribe defenders with spies. You get above and beyond sieging. What ever the heck that is

Pellucid said:
I like how they have three colonial advisors, too, haha.

...can a country be totally destroyed by natives if it's left in a situation like the one with Russia there?

Hmm...that's a good question. Maybe I'll try inciting the natives and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I might declare war and see if I can just seize the colony rather than outright annex them.