• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm so glad I had russia release Kurland so i could Annex them. They have the best fort I've ever seen. A level 8 fort even.

funpic3.jpg

bootz said:
I'm so glad I had russia release Kurland so i could Annex them. They have the best fort I've ever seen. A level 8 fort even.

funpic3.jpg
There's more people in the fort than the town!

That is easilly done. After enemy has started sieging your province attack them and destroy them pause immediatly after you have destroyed them and voila. The cannon stays there as long as you keep it paused and it will show on the province window that it is still under siege that in reality it really isn't. I would say this would be picture worthy if there would read that the province is been occupied by French that it usually reads if its occupied by someone but in that picture it doesn't read so.

I think you are missing the spirit of it... and that province hadn't been attacked/occupied by enemy forces. The AI had an army there and it became under siege, was like that until it moved the army away. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

bootz said:
It will let me upgrade it to a level 5.
Maybe it was fortificstion effort?
Since...
...I could only build lvl 6 :(

Hm checked event...
Code:
		has_building = fort1
		NOT = { has_building = fort2

Does that mean it happenes only for lvl 1 forts? :confused:

EU3_1.png
[/IMG] Mutiny?
Not that imaginative is it?
EU3_2.png
[/IMG
Hoq boring must his life be?
EU3_5.png
[/IMG]
Non existant diplomacy .
EU3_6.png
[/IMG]

EU3_7.png
Keeping the enemies very close.

GAGA Extrem said:
Cmon folks, we join ya, since we are also at war with the french...

...but on the they conquered the fort, a battle started, they were wiped out and I assaulted a 50 rebel men garrision...
...backstabber? Nah... Well... Okay, a bit...

2145 cannons? That's a great equipment!

Greenlake said:
I think you are missing the spirit of it... and that province hadn't been attacked/occupied by enemy forces. The AI had an army there and it became under siege, was like that until it moved the army away. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

There might have rebels in that province and when you were not looking france destroyed them. Then for some reason the cannon stayed there.

kolmy said:
2145 cannons? That's a great equipment!
Huh? Usual I had 5000 men for the artillery in that stack...

Why can't I have Regency Councils like this?
Regency.JPG

And here's something you won't see often in a Paradox game ;)
No_Swede.JPG

(That mid-blue upper right is France, who had a rather successful alliance with Norway)

It was a strange game all round - Aragon inherited Portugal early but never took QftNW; Austria didn't take an HRE province in 50 years but teamed up with Hungary to go positively medieval on the Ottomans; Protestantism was only significant in Ireland and Italy; Poland force-vassalised/diplo-annexed Novgorod and had a border with Sibir; Lithuania didn't just destroy Muscovy but overran the Caucasus and ended up annexing Persia; Korea took Tibet and had a huge empire in Central Asia.

aragonborrowsatransporthd0.jpg

Aragon borrows a transport ship. In reality, this is actually the *supposedly FIXED* bug where troops get thrown overboard from their original transports and become permanently stuck at sea. When no ships occupy that ocean province, you can't even see the troops, but the flag floating over their head stays visible.

snonexistantmilitaryzq7.jpg

Another one from Aragon. Prefered ship unit: Ghost ship. (Funny thing is that their one and only regiment of troops is the very same regiment stuck in the ocean province.)

sspanishprovincezu0.jpg

Hungary shows it's interest in Spanish territories.

nicebattlend8.jpg

Nice battle here, something you probably don't see too often.

oneluckycyprusnb7.jpg

Cyprus should thank her lucky stars that she's allied to 2 of the largest nations in Europe.

tradeagreementcrazinessnl4.jpg

My trade efficiency hurts. (Within another week, four more nations would offer me a trade agreement.)

I just diplo-annexed Austria, which was about half of Central Europe. I'm about to get pulverized. Between sharing colonies with England, half of Austria with France, and Poland and Hungary on the other half of Austria, I'm screwed.

Badboy.jpg

Kanil said:
Quick! Release one of those HRE minors as a vassal!!

Actually, 5 years later, I have a far better king, I've had some minor revolts (Stupid 1 province Novgorod's and Teutonic Order's spies), and still no massive war. Almost every country around me has warned me, but not a sausage yet...

Wow! I guess I got very lucky today or that the 1.3 patch has actually done something for the peace AI. I was able to squeeze three whopping provinces from France.

france_accepts_peace.jpg

As you can see I'm playing as Portugal. This is actually the same game that I have been playing for a month now. Beginning of it in 1.2.1. Anyway, France had taken the Pyrenees from Aragon in previous wars. Somehow I felt insecure when France was growing like that to an area I consider my own (Iberian peninsula). I tried to get those provinces earlier but I wasn't able to get them due to extreme AI stubborness. This was still in 1.2.1. The patch was actually just released after I decided to agree to a white peace.

About 50 years or so passed. I conquered Rome and released Avignon as sovereign states which was diploannexed by the Papal States very early in the game. Soon Avignon almost suicidically declared war upon France and I was called to arms. I noticed that France was currently at war with Austria and it seemed that France had next to none forces left. What a golden opportunity.

Southern France was quickly overrun because there was no one to resist my attack. Austria demanded a couple of provinces and France agreed which ended the war between them. Year ended soon and then France started spamming me with mercenaries. I had to slowly retreat from southern France. But I wasn't going to end the war. The French were obviously about to crumble. This lasted about a year until Connacht (Irish nation) dragged Austria to war with France again.

It was then all over for France. They couldn't possibly handle two frontiers at the same time. I quickly regained my foothold in southern France when France moved most of their troops to counter the Austrians. I also made an amphibious assault to northwestern France since that area seemed very vulnerable.

At the end I had Aragón, Navarra, Pirineo, Girona, Roussillon, Armagnac, Toulouse, Finistère, Armor and Morbihan under my control. Austria had a good bunch, too (six I think). My warscore was 30%. As soon as Pirineo fell to me I tried to demand Navarra, Pirineo and Girona which totaled for 62%. My guess is that they were deeply in financial troubles because they immediately accepted my demands! Indeed, the situation looked very grim for France even though they still had some troops left. It would not have taken long for me and Austria to conquer whole France. I was very pleased to see some rational thinking from the AI.

Last edited:
I thought this was a might odd. The Timurid Empire controls a whopping 4 provinces near the Arabic countries. The region's name escapes me currently, however France and the Ottomans have been fighting for quite a while (Why, is beyond me. They have to travel all the way across Europe).
eu3game2007-06-2117-31-08-92.jpg

The blue is France, the orange is me (Denmark), and the bright light green is the Ottomans, and the other green in Athens is the Timurid Empire. How in the zarking fardwarks they got into Athens is beyond me, especially as France has been trucking thousands upon thousands of troops through Greece.