• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
corfu.jpg

Shortest rule ever.

Lazy said:
I've never understood why that happens: a new nation forms and its monarch immediately dies and a new one takes his place.

I think it is just the computers way of removing the "old" monarch. For example:

Corfu in 1480 is ruled by Leonardo IV and then annexed under his rule. A 100 years later Corfu again gains it's independance and the computer starts the nation up with Leonardo IV. Seeing as it would be unlikely that he would still be alive the computer then kills him and repleaces him with a new monarch.

Unfortunately i did not make a screenshot (wouldn't have shown it all anyway), but here's what happened: I was France and i had beaten up Burgundy badly. I signed peace (100% warscore) and got as many of my cores as possible. Then, i'm not sure how it happened, but apparently the smaller nations saw an opportunity. The very next day the following declared war on Burgundy:

Denmark, Brandenburg, Norway
Trier, Utrecht, The Knights
Savoy, Brittany, Mantua
Switzerland, Cologne
Liege, Münster

Also, Baden and/or Alsace, my vassals, declared war as well, asking me to get right back into it.

That's 14-15 countries, i've never seen anything like it (in my 4 days of playing this game). Burgundy didn't stand a chance, i was just watching it get ripped apart from the sideline. :D

anarchistica said:
That's 14-15 countries, i've never seen anything like it (in my 4 days of playing this game). Burgundy didn't stand a chance, i was just watching it get ripped apart from the sideline. :D

I have noticed in 1.3 the A.I. nations attack like piranhas when they sense weakness.

In my current game Austria was blobbing all of southeast Europe. I ended up in at war with them and I fought many bloody battles until I finally used up their mercenaries and manpower.

Once this happened it was a race to actually siege their territories because so many nations instantly declared war. After everyone signed their peace deals Austria was left with 4 provinces, with only 1 contiguous with their capital.

Spain ended up with control of Gotland, Sweden. I think they ended up at war with the Swedes due to some succession dispute.

eu35uq1.png

And in this one, the CoT for Mali is Andalucia, Spain? Why the hell? I always thought that they had Timbuktu.
eu33rk9.png

Peacenik said:
I have noticed in 1.3 the A.I. nations attack like piranhas when they sense weakness.

In my current game Austria was blobbing all of southeast Europe. I ended up in at war with them and I fought many bloody battles until I finally used up their mercenaries and manpower.

Once this happened it was a race to actually siege their territories because so many nations instantly declared war. After everyone signed their peace deals Austria was left with 4 provinces, with only 1 contiguous with their capital.
Actually, that is a wonderful way of destroying majors: have them ripped apart by smaller nations that you can later easily beat yourself. Divide and conquer!

Gebhard Blucher said:
Probably a bug:
eu3_buglet.jpg
Don't tell me this sneaky ba****** are exchanging maps?! :eek:
:D

Pope in Finland :rofl: