• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
adventchild667 said:
the best regency counsil ever?

NewBitmapImage-2.jpg
Yeah a lot of times when I see 'Country X is now ruled by a Regent! Maybe it's the time to strike?' and I look and see that their regency is better than my own monarch. :mad: Though nothing ever that crazy...

Pellucid said:
I've never seen Burgundy take such a pounding in any EU3 game (or even EU2 game) I've ever played.
In my game Burgundy is totally beaten up. They have only three provinces and none of them are connected to each other. France have taken most of their land but Netherlands have also been huge pain for them. Netherlands did form and they were quite succesful for a while but they waged too many wars which ended up in rebels taking over their provinces and forming Holland and Flanders. Quite the drama going on in there. As crazy as it sounds but as I write Holland and Netherlands are at war with each other.

dutch-dutch_war.jpg

As a side note, Finland has formed in my game. It has only one province but nevertheless it is there. 400 years in advance (Finland gained independence in 1917). Go us!

Here's my contribution to the thread. I was just about to move my tolerance sliders for my Gold Coast campaign when I saw this.

defender_of_faith.jpg

I thought that rebels hated every religion there's in the world.

EDIT: Haha! This has already been posted on the last page.

Last edited:
Rebel defender of faith is particular weird considering rebels are atheists.

Joel-san said:
As a side note, Finland has formed in my game. It has only one province but nevertheless it is there. 400 years in advance (Finland gained independence in 1917). Go us!

In my current game Finland got freed by Novgorod. They got 4 provinces, but in later wars with Sweden (which later annexed Norway) they lost 2 and ended up with 2 unconnected provinces. They ended up in a personal union under me and I later inherited them. I decided to release Finland.

WillT said:
I never realized that was Tripoli not Swahili. :eek:o They were allied for some reason. I'd forgoten about them times in the war. I don't know if they had been attacked by Portugal or Burgundy (my allies). I expect they were attacked since they offering a White Peace. Which I rarely from a 0% warscore.

If you didn't know Swahili is a Sunni country like Tripoli is. So why is it odd that they are allied? There would be quite a big chance that they are allied. If they would be different religion then I would be suprised that they are allied because it would be more unlikely.

Wezqu said:
If you didn't know Swahili is a Sunni country like Tripoli is. So why is it odd that they are allied? There would be quite a big chance that they are allied. If they would be different religion then I would be suprised that they are allied because it would be more unlikely.

It seems strange that they'd ally with such a distant country. Now taht I think about it more, the Malemucks is both countries only Muslim neighbor so I guess it does some sence.

WillT said:
In my current game Finland got freed by Novgorod. They got 4 provinces, but in later wars with Sweden (which later annexed Norway) they lost 2 and ended up with 2 unconnected provinces. They ended up in a personal union under me and I later inherited them. I decided to release Finland.
Cool. That's nice.

I don't know if this can be considered strange in EU3 terms but I have been observing what has been going on in Scandinavia during my game as Portugal. It has been wild. Great many wars have been fought and countless numbers of them are still to come. Territories have been lost due to wars and rebels. War exhaustion is soaring in every country involved. Here's the situation of today, 1573.

scandinavia_in_1573.jpg

Man. Denmark (orange) has been kicked out of Denmark by Pommerania (violet) and Mecklenburg (turquoise) has conquered southern Norway. Norway (light blue) now holds their capitol in southern Sweden as does the Danish too. Sweden (blue) has bits and pieces of Norway, Sweden and Finland with rebels holding their capitol. I could say that the hurris are in a real pinch there. Couple of years ago Lithuania (dark red) actually had northern Norway under their control but with revolt risk of 18% that didn't last for long. They still have their holdings in Finland though. Speaking of Finland (brown) once again, I see that they have managed to conquer three provinces more in Sweden and Norway. Hurrah!

Last edited:
WillT said:
Twice as many people revolt as live in the province.
I believe I heard somewhere that the people shown are only those in the city (or something similar)). Could be wrong though...

Why should they do that? What do you want next? Surely each province does not produce just one good. Do you want every province to produce varying amounts of every good and for the interface to list that?