• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If only I could time travel

2002130491390415097_rs.jpg

They've just been released (probably force released)

not really a big deal or I am over looking something here....

*edit
Thought about it a bit more. They have been formed (released or whatever) and after that all there lands have been taken again.

Mecklemburg had conquered Utrecht earlier. I'd noticed that Austria had taken thier other two provinces a few months earlier. Since Austria is an ally of the Dutch, my guess is they force released.

To Kanil: That is definitaly strange. I thought just the Netherlands being in a 1453 start was strange.

I'll be really suprised when someone posts the Netherlands forming from from event by the AI.

WillT said:
To Kanil: That is definitaly strange. I thought just the Netherlands being in a 1453 start was strange.

I'll be really suprised when someone posts the Netherlands forming from from event by the AI.
Your wish is my command. Utrecht beat Burgundy's bum in a war while Burgundy was having serious revolt problems early in the game.
EU3_1.png

That's also Flanders there, who I believe France was forced to release as a vassal by the English. I'm especially pleased with the shape Utrecht's Netherlands has taken, although they're in very real danger of being beaten in a war as they have a lot of badboy now and are often at war with their neighbors.
Additionally, Cyprus is reclaimed for the Orthodox faith!
EU3_2.png

Pellucid said:
Your wish is my command. Utrecht beat Burgundy's bum in a war while Burgundy was having serious revolt problems early in the game.
EU3_1.png

That's also Flanders there, who I believe France was forced to release as a vassal by the English. I'm especially pleased with the shape Utrecht's Netherlands has taken, although they're in very real danger of being beaten in a war as they have a lot of badboy now and are often at war with their neighbors.

What happened to Freisland?

WillT said:
What happened to Freisland?
I'm not 100% certain, but I think they lost it in the second big war which was won by Burgundy in which Burgundy was allied with England and when France was forced to release Flanders (I think France was also at war with Aragon, Lorraine, and Austria at the time which is how they were beaten). Once again the war ended up causing a lot of badboy and Burgundy was under the knife again by the time the truce was over (and the third war started). I'm not sure if they took Vlaanderen, Breda, and Brabant by force in the third war or if they just got a claims event and those provinces revolted (they do have claims on each and on Friesland and Gelre). You should see Burgundy now, though; the third big war is almost over and they've lost Friesland to Mecklenburg and all of their central European holdings to the Palatinate; they've lost Gelre, Luxemburg, Liege, and Munster to Hesse and all of their French holdings to France (who dishonored the alliance when the third war started and turned on them) and the Swiss. Cleves is still at war with them and in the process of occupying Artois and Hainault.

I've never seen Burgundy take such a pounding in any EU3 game (or even EU2 game) I've ever played.

I don't think I have a save file of Netherlands or Utrecht holding Friesland, but I'll check.

EDIT: Nope, don't have one.

Last edited:
I guess I have the weirdest Netherlands image of all. All strange things happen with WC with Ming

First, some soldiers like to swim, or they want to kill them self

2001189814100437402_rs.jpg

Then, there are ghosts haunting my city

2001185967076718694_rs.jpg

And when trying to load a game, looking at Europa, I saw this:

2001924337652940034_rs.jpg

First read who I'm at war with. Then look at what color Austria (yes that is the allied at war color and no it is not a bug)

EU3_45.png

Heres the story. Netherlands (allied with Austria) declared war on Burgundy (my ally/vassal). Then Poland (another one of my allies and allied with Austria) declared war on the Ottoman Empire. Those bright blue provinces in the Balkens are Austria's. I was planning to attack those while Burgundy came in from the North. Now that I'll also be fighting the Ottomans in the same area, I think I'll have change my plan. It would be quite strange with me and Austria fighting then the Ottomans come in the same province, or if the one of us is fighting the Ottomans and the other comes to help. Either way, the victor has another battle to fight.

killer50 said:
Even more strange things with WC with Ming....

First, a workshop is magically build while I don't have production tech 1

2000335402965292723_rs.jpg

That's possible.
If your enemy started making a workshop there, and you took it (would have to be with an assault) and after that made peace and annexed that province.

But guessing that isn't the case?

bomberm4n said:
That's possible.
If your enemy started making a workshop there, and you took it (would have to be with an assault) and after that made peace and annexed that province.

But guessing that isn't the case?

It happened 2 days after peace, and that was 1 province that I got