• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wolf52 said:
Ethiopia won the HRE? Good god.
Nothing unusual for me...
...happened in about 25-33% of my games... :wacko:

GrimPagan said:
Heh, the player always votes on himself. Only the AI have a concept of a fair election.
pfft...everything unrealistic. in fact, the electors always elected the weakest nation for emperor. they did this, because they did not want that he has more power than they have and so they could do what they wanted

tylerhink said:
Could someone live that long back then?

That is all the more remarkable, since the advisors are all supposed to become available only on their 30th birthday! Having been active for 100 years means his age is 130 years.

i was looking around how the other nations where doing from the load screen and then saw this.

Tiny Ming for 2.1 terms

ps. loaded up as Ming to take the screeny because F11 doesn't work in the load screen and couldn't see the whole of china yet with my own nation.

Beware Edmund, the Black Adder

No screenshot for this, because I am not sure how to post them (I knew once, but that was many years ago), but I wanted to share it anyway.

Playing as England in Magna Mundi.

On 14 April 1485 the King of England died and was succeeded by King Edmund I.

Sings (badly):

"The sound of hoofbeats in the glade
Good wife, lock up your son and daughter.
Beware his dreadful flashing blade
Unless you want to end up shorter..."

His skills, such as they are:

Admin 6
Diplomacy 4
Martial 3

So a tactless coward, with perhaps some small talent for cunning plans?

The Black Adder incarnate!

Turkey ate Hung(a)ry! :rofl:

eu314rd7.png

Course Austria an Ottoman Empire are both my vassals ;)

Alex92 said:
Sorry. This is the right pic.
*pic*

Okay, so it was a page ago... but why is Tuscany white with Catholic control?

Isn't white the no-religion of the Rebels?

Manziel said:
pfft...everything unrealistic. in fact, the electors always elected the weakest nation for emperor. they did this, because they did not want that he has more power than they have and so they could do what they wanted

The weakest nation? Like, say, Spain, Austria or France? :rolleyes:

Manziel said:

Not so. That was true for a short period before the game's timescale, but from 1439 onwards the ruler of Austria was almost always Emperor. The only exception was 1740, when the Emperor Charles VI died leaving only a daughter; after an interval the Elector of Bavaria was elected Emperor. On his death in 1745 Charles VI's son-in-law, the Duke of Lorraine, was elected; he was effectively ruler of Austria etc as well in right of his wife ("Lorraine inherits Austria").

The "electing weakest ruler" idea happened in the 13th and 14th centuries, when the rulers of Holland and Luxemburg, for instance, were elected. However, either the new King of the Romans couldn't establish himself and died horribly (Holland) or he made his state/dynasty a major power (Luxemburg).

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally click? That’s cost me a few battles…

Heh, I think we've all done that but have you every disbanded an entire regular army because you thought you were clicking on your other - MERCENARY - army?