• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Right, I'm playing the Terranova mod here so this is probably not very rare but it amused me:

Nothing says "look how far you've fallen" like being invaded (and beaten) by a pagan African nation, does it France?

Also involved in this war was the (former) Holy Inuit Emperor, the electors gave the crown back to Austria after I vassalised Abenaki and proved that, no matter how many angry Skraelings you've got fighting for you in Newfoundland, a nice army made up of the Hapsburgs' bastards on your doorstep is much more useful

One of the oddest things there was that Dahomey, a pagan nation with whom I'd had no contact (I had no African colonies except islands off the coast) approached me with an alliance (twice, I accepted the second time out of pity/curiosity/for sh*ts and giggles), honoured it, and transported troops to Europe and joined in the fight (in TN the pagans can eventually get boats)

Having Christ on your side isn't all it's cracked up to be...
C25_274_Christ-captured.jpg

If at first you don't succeed with the trading thing, spend 500 ducats and try, try again...
C20_200_SwahiliCoTs.png

terriblemissionaryqo9.jpg

Probably not too uncommon, but still gave me a smile.
The existence of God seemed a bit too far-fetched for one group of colonists.

If at first you don't succeed with the trading thing, spend 500 ducats and try, try again...
C20_200_SwahiliCoTs.png

That tends to happen fairly often. I don't think they're spending any money - the old one closes down from stagnation and a new one automatically opens up.

That tends to happen fairly often. I don't think they're spending any money - the old one closes down from stagnation and a new one automatically opens up.

In IN, CoTs don't automatically open up - you have to pay for it. The real fun is that since Swahili is in the African tech group, they can't send merchants. :)

In IN, CoTs don't automatically open up - you have to pay for it. The real fun is that since Swahili is in the African tech group, they can't send merchants. :)

Like Junuxx said, while they certainly don't open up on their own all that often, they still do on occasion. For example, earlier today I ran into a spot where Tibet would always open up a CoT on the exact same day (first of some month), even though there were a couple nearby, though wealthy, centers of trade already. Because it seemed kinda odd to me that a CoT would open up in that spot after there had been no problems the last few decades in that situation, I eventually reloaded the game as Tibet and sure enough, I got a CoT on the same province on the same day. Not only did a CoT open up in my territory without me paying for it, but I (and likewise, the AI) didn't have enough money to do so in the first place.

Otherwise, I almost always see a new CoT every time an old one closes down in African or New World nations. Though I could be way off (probably am), I think it has something to do with those nations (like Incas or Hausa) either being surrounded by terra incognita or otherwise being barred from trading in other existing centers. Thus, when their CoT closes, they are unable to trade through any other provinces and a new CoT is generated.

wtf.jpg

The irony of this is that Naxos hasn't existed for well over a century. I know they like to leave their boats around, but this is ridiculous. I'm just interested in what happens if they inherit.

wtf.jpg

The irony of this is that Naxos hasn't existed for well over a century. I know they like to leave their boats around, but this is ridiculous. I'm just interested in what happens if they inherit.

They must be around somewhere....

The residents of this island are blind. Do you think they need a GPS?