• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They took over what Golden Horde had. Kazan itself is a very good province with decent population. And there's gold nearby in Samara. It's not that hard to build a Tartar empire in the Crimea either, good population, good income, many iron provinces and a great CoT... You won't be France but you also won't be an easy target for local bullies (like Muscowy or Lithuania).

It's not "strange mechanics", since it's part of the game. But basically, it was the third invasion with the first two being where Sweden had 0 allies, 0 soldiers, 100% Exhaustion, etc and they still would only give up their provinces.

The screenshot doesn't have any context to it so no one looking at it would have a clue.

iroquoislongresearchpp8.jpg

So in 660 years from today the Iroqouis will have achieved level 1 government :D

Thats not that strange. Its just poor tribes being rubbish.

Don't worry. After you westernise, you will get neighbour bonus of +200 or +300 to each tech to catch up with Europe. :)

Just keep moving your sliders around.

Don't worry. After you westernise, you will get neighbour bonus of +200 or +300 to each tech to catch up with Europe. :)

Just keep moving your sliders around.
The cap for neighbor bonuses is 100, but it's in defines.txt so it can be modded...

Weird. I could swear I went up to 120 in my Ottoman game.

EU3_6.jpg

EU3_5.jpg

The Ottomans set their sights on strange, faraway places...
EU3_2.jpg

Granada annexes Castille (Granada is Catholic btw)
If anyone is wondering what the country south of the Ottoman Province is, it's Ming. This is on the Whole World mod and I noticed that Ming had many of its penalties removed. Haft, if you are reading this I would like to remind you that they are there for a reason, to be specific, this reason:
EU3_MAP_ITA_16871029_1.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a Ming so big before, notice that they are reaching the Black Sea. They're also on par with France in tech, thus making them very scary...

An Incan minor that was added in WWM, I can't remember the name, think it begins with a C... Parsley, Only the Granada one was taken in the 15th century, the map is from 1687

Haft, if you are reading this I would like to remind you that they are there for a reason, to be specific, this reason:
Yes, yes, a lot of nerfing and balancing is going to happen in the next version...
The game was pretty well balanced until 3.1 made the AI too smart to collapse all the time.

Chimu I think?
The lightish green Inca minor is Kanche.

Ah yes, Kanche, the native American nations were nicely left alone so far in this game. I'll still have to continue my game, the Lithuanian and ottoman buffers won't last forever and I can have an epic faceoff with the Ming behemoth.

I have never seen Lancaster form before. :confused: Are they from a mod or do they exsist in Vanilla aswell?

If it's vanilla, they must have formed through rebellion in IN, where (I think) rebels can now create cores for possible revolters.

Lancaster & York do not start as revolters at all...