• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wolf52 said:
incasmr0.jpg

Just so you know, i have had no hand in the new world at all, i am austria. The ai did this all by its lonesome! :wacko:
What is up with your allies in that picture too? Have you been editing the save file?

Help a EU2er here - what's up with that pic?

th3freakie said:
Help a EU2er here - what's up with that pic?
What specifically about the pic?
Its the way a save game is presented in the loading screen in EU III. You can see the entire political layout of the world at the time of start by scrolling about.

Duke of Wellington said:
What is up with your allies in that picture too? Have you been editing the save file?

Nope, thats completely legit. My mission was to "save the HRE" and it has worked very well. I basically vassalized the countries that make up Germany today (made sure there were as many as possible) and also went on a little romp to vassalize Venice and liberate the Balkans from the Ottomans. I accomplished that, and vassalized the Ottomans too. :rofl: I am allied with every vassal, thats why i have so many shields there. Later today i'll post a screen of europe (HRE still has 35 nations in mid 16th century, not bad in EU3 terms), but i cant right now because i dont have access to the "game" computer.

MagisterMundi said:
Extremely doubtful, given that a grand total of 5 cavalry regiments could probably conquer their entire empire, given the new "seize anything Pagan" rules - and, of course, retreating units often retreat deeper into enemy territory...

Youd be surprised... the Incas have actually pushed the Dutch back, in addition to expansion on their own. I remember seeing one peace deal where the Dutch had to cede 4 provinces to them... needless to say i was surprised!

Woot for the Incas! Ive seen that a few times too, even seen the Mayans do something similar, they had a border with the Incas I think. :wacko: madness

In my game as Sweden I own one fourth of europe and the only members of HRE are Crete and Burgundy :p

This is a follow up for Duke of Wellington:

eu32yj1.jpg

Every dark green nation is my vassal, so the HRE will not be collapsing anytime soon.... probably never if i dont foul things up too badly.

Last edited:
ElectricEel said:
...I assume you do not, in fact, have 1203.6 badboy?

Then again, looking at that list of Centers of Trade...

Yeah... I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he was in fact that universally hated...

I wish I had taken a screenshot but I forgot... Something really silly happened to me in my Portugal game. Great Britain owned the eastern half of the northern coast of South America. I am allied with Great Britain. I get a message from Great Britain, a call to arms to help them in their war on.... England! I thought that was pretty funny, so I checked the British Isles and that was still under control of Great Britain. So I'm looking around the map and I see it, Great Britain's colonial holdings in South America, which had been under rebel control for a few decades had revolted and formed England! And their national religion was Protestantism, despite the province religions all being Catholic! So i declared war, easily swept through them and controlled all their provinces. I ended up gaining a few provinces and vassalizing them. A couple seconds after vassalizing them France declares war on them, but oops too late, Great Britain, still at war with them, takes over their sole province and eradicates them.

I dunno if this is normal, but I just thought it was hilarious, and although it doesn't seem realistic, it was funny to imagine a group of Protestants taking control of these Catholic provinces in South America and declaring themselves England.

slayoyayo said:
I wish I had taken a screenshot but I forgot... Something really silly happened to me in my Portugal game. Great Britain owned the eastern half of the northern coast of South America. I am allied with Great Britain. I get a message from Great Britain, a call to arms to help them in their war on.... England! I thought that was pretty funny, so I checked the British Isles and that was still under control of Great Britain. So I'm looking around the map and I see it, Great Britain's colonial holdings in South America, which had been under rebel control for a few decades had revolted and formed England! And their national religion was Protestantism, despite the province religions all being Catholic! So i declared war, easily swept through them and controlled all their provinces. I ended up gaining a few provinces and vassalizing them. A couple seconds after vassalizing them France declares war on them, but oops too late, Great Britain, still at war with them, takes over their sole province and eradicates them.

I dunno if this is normal, but I just thought it was hilarious, and although it doesn't seem realistic, it was funny to imagine a group of Protestants taking control of these Catholic provinces in South America and declaring themselves England.

This is extraordinarily common, unfortunately. Still funny, though.