• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
pdubz said:
Seems the French just can't bring themselves to relinquish their Italian dream:

eu31nk6.jpg

(Years later, they still retain their core...)
Is this some kind of map mod? In my terrain mode you can see only endless greenness...

Kanil said:
englandpz0.jpg

Cheese eating surrender monkies?

(To make matters worse, they just got diplo-annexed. Scary.)

Oh noes!

Kanth said:
Is this some kind of map mod? In my terrain mode you can see only endless greenness...

Yes, its the TOT gfx mod, found here

Lord Boreal said:
I think Castille and Portugal have their compass upside down :wacko:

Whats really sad is that something like that can be accomplished in 1505...

1453 start tho, theyve had 50 years, but Castille, France and Portugal were off from the get go, within a year i saw colonists leaving France for the caribbean

Alot of that is conquest too, Creek, Cherokee, Shawnee and Iroquois appear to have been annexed

I think my exploration techniques are all wrong anyway, as soon as my ships venture out to sea they start to disintegrate, should I use carracks/caravels or galleys/barques :confused: i end up losing loads of explorers because the ships are lost

Kanil said:
englandpz0.jpg

Cheese eating surrender monkies?

(To make matters worse, they just got diplo-annexed. Scary.)

Nah - France didn't become infested with cheese eating surrender monkeys until World War II. Well, okay, maybe they were still cheese eating before that... ;)

Lord Boreal said:
1453 start tho, theyve had 50 years, but Castille, France and Portugal were off from the get go, within a year i saw colonists leaving France for the caribbean

Alot of that is conquest too, Creek, Cherokee, Shawnee and Iroquois appear to have been annexed
Fah, look at the real-life colonial holdings of Spain and Portugal in 1542, 50 years after Columbus. Aztecs and Incans annexed and, for the most part, converted by Spain, Brazil soldily being colonized by Portugal, Cuba a core province of Spain...

Lord Boreal said:
I think my exploration techniques are all wrong anyway, as soon as my ships venture out to sea they start to disintegrate, should I use carracks/caravels or galleys/barques :confused: i end up losing loads of explorers because the ships are lost

Use cogs, they are much faster. If you are not playing Portugal or Castille, getting military access from either is a must. Although Norway could do if you take the northern approach.

Why is the Castillian shield so blurry? Has it been modded?

Its compressed in width as I have a widescreen monitor, and its a jpeg, so its lost quality
there

and yes, i play with Merlin2199's GFX mod and TOT

JaxomCA said:
Use cogs, they are much faster. If you are not playing Portugal or Castille, getting military access from either is a must. Although Norway could do if you take the northern approach.

Thats excellent news, thank you, maybe now i can take QftNW early too :)

Holy crap, the Incas are on the march!

incasmr0.jpg

Just so you know, i have had no hand in the new world at all, i am austria. The ai did this all by its lonesome! :wacko:

Duke of Wellington said:
Go the Incas I say.

Hey, im applauding it as well! I was just amazed to see it.

Duke of Wellington said:
As am I though even in EUII they sometimes use to give the Spanish a run for their money. However I think that was down to poor Spanish ai. I'd be interested to see if they hold out in this game.

Extremely doubtful, given that a grand total of 5 cavalry regiments could probably conquer their entire empire, given the new "seize anything Pagan" rules - and, of course, retreating units often retreat deeper into enemy territory...