• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I'm relatively new to EU3 I guess there might have been several such images already posted here, but still, here it is my strange screenshot:

People of Ladakh in Himalaya all of a sudden decided that they will join... (a moment of silence and then taa-daaaa...) the mighty Empire of Kongo. I just went like... whaaaat?

(sorry for the bad quality of image, something went wrong during the process)

ladakh-defected-to-kongo.jpg

Fijj said:
Just write in English like I did. :p

Everyone speaks English in Scandanavia anyways.
Yes, in fact swedish, norwegian, danish, icelandic etc is just old humbug. Started as a fairytale to amuse german children, saying they are not alone talking wierd. In real life we all speak english the entire day. Just to switch over to "swedish" (aka the elven language) or whats so when we see a german.

Important to be careful with talking to much english on the webb seeing as Hansel aber Gretsel can pop up any second. But I'm tired of this charade! There is nothing called swedish or danish! Just a big lie :mad:

But of course you can come by and use the google programe speaking the elven language, or just use our mother tongue, english. ;) You're not the first

Wezqu said:
Well Scandinavia is full of Leprechaun's guarding their pot of gold.
Nono leprechauns live on Ireland. In Sweden we have "finnjävlar" whom are guarding our most precious belonging, the systembolaget. The "finnjävlar" guards it all day long, threatening anyone who comes to close to it with their mandatory knife they all have to carry :p

Pahoillaan! :)

Krapotkin said:
Nono leprechauns live on Ireland. In Sweden we have "finnjävlar" whom are guarding our most precious belonging, the systembolaget. The "finnjävlar" guards it all day long, threatening anyone who comes to close to it with their mandatory knife they all have to carry :p

Well you just painted yourself in a conner. You can't have "finnjävnär" as they aren't scandinavian. Also using that word could be taken as an insult as he is refering Finnish people as "Finnish bastards" literal translation of "finnjävlar". He might also be trying to imbly that all finnish are drunks as "Systembolaget" refers to swedish alcohol stores. I could also call swedish, norwegians or danish with several words that could be taken as an insult, but I'm not a childish enough to do so even if it would be just a joke.

Krapotkin said:
Yes, in fact swedish, norwegian, danish, icelandic etc is just old humbug. Started as a fairytale to amuse german children, saying they are not alone talking wierd. In real life we all speak english the entire day. Just to switch over to "swedish" (aka the elven language) or whats so when we see a german.

It remembers me of my first visit to Stockholm. As born and raised in the Netherlands (deep south, near Germany 11km and Belgium 2km), and only spoke Dutch, German & English, understood Frisian, Scottish & Afrikaans.

The 3rd day in Sweden (2nd in Stockholm) a woman asked my the way to Gamla Stan in Swedish. I did understand it, and was able to point into the right direction :rofl: .

1.5 years later i moved to Sweden, and now I'm able to speak also Swedish, and understand Norwegian and Danish. It's so easy to learn.

But in Sweden they speak less English then in the Netherlands.

Wezqu said:
Well you just painted yourself in a conner. You can't have "finnjävnär" as they aren't scandinavian. Also using that word could be taken as an insult as he is refering Finnish people as "Finnish bastards" literal translation of "finnjävlar". He might also be trying to imbly that all finnish are drunks as "Systembolaget" refers to swedish alcohol stores. I could also call swedish, norwegians or danish with several words that could be taken as an insult, but I'm not a childish enough to do so even if it would be just a joke.
As I said earlier; Pahoillaan!

It was a joke, and I 'naively' believed you could be able to see that. Gah, of course not. But calm down, you can say what so ever about scandinavians, as we can about finns. Take a joke.

Willem IV said:
It remembers me of my first visit to Stockholm. As born and raised in the Netherlands (deep south, near Germany 11km and Belgium 2km), and only spoke Dutch, German & English, understood Frisian, Scottish & Afrikaans.

The 3rd day in Sweden (2nd in Stockholm) a woman asked my the way to Gamla Stan in Swedish. I did understand it, and was able to point into the right direction :rofl: .

1.5 years later i moved to Sweden, and now I'm able to speak also Swedish, and understand Norwegian and Danish. It's so easy to learn.

But in Sweden they speak less English then in the Netherlands.

Haha yes admit. But all scandinavian languages, english, german and dutch has so much in common. Ye, we're only at 2nd place in the world, after yours Netherland. :p

Krapotkin said:
As I said earlier; Pahoillaan!

It was a joke, and I 'naively' believed you could be able to see that. Gah, of course not. But calm down, you can say what so ever about scandinavians, as we can about finns. Take a joke.

You could read what I said again. Last sentence was that I would not say that even as a joke and that means I knew it was a joke. Little advice don't ever refer any nationality as drunks or call them bastards even for the fun of it. It really shows bad taste. Also what you try to say in finnish doesn't mean anything. "Pahoillaan" means a person who can be descriped to be sorry by a third person. You should have said "Olen pahoillani!" means "I'm sorry". Still I would even use that sentence as it doesn't really fit this case. I would say "Ei pahalla" that means "No ill intentions". You can't really use some translator to write finnish when in reality you end up meaning totally wrong thing.

Wezqu said:
You could read what I said again. Last sentence was that I would not say that even as a joke and that means I knew it was a joke. Little advice don't ever refer any nationality as drunks or call them bastards even for the fun of it.

I don't understand why not ? (And the topvodka drinkers MUST be a finne, and thats just because i haven't seen any Russians).

Why does everyone insist on getting into arguments on the Strange Screenshots thread? Screenshots, people! ;)

Haftetavenscrap said:
Why does everyone insist on getting into arguments on the Strange Screenshots thread? Screenshots, people! ;)
2u5vpxj.jpg

Me & my girlfriend not arguing. :)

No, I'm lying, but it is a picture at least. :eek:o

Well, pretty much everyone in the NL knows how to speak English.

Krapotkin said:

Arr, de jävla finnjävlarna.

Anyway, back to those strange screens.

Last edited:
Wetew said:
:eek: We must have proof before we start worshipping your supernatural power that disturbs time.

Well, considering it takes bout a year or so to build a carrack, and that I had around 20 coastal provinces, it took me like 4 years to build those ships. I lost 30 transports or so though =[

Remember that the Finnish bastards won Fraustadt for Sweden,,, The Finnish cavalry are possibly the most badass nordic people in the world... I mean, come on! The most famous finnish units are called Hakkapeelitta which roughly transaltes to "hack 'em to pieces". I mean COME ON! Although the MOST badass units are the Karoliner, of course. ;)

And, well, finnish people seem to have a strange fascination with knives... :confused:

Järnblomma said:
Remember that the Finnish bastards won Fraustadt for Sweden,,, The Finnish cavalry are possibly the most badass nordic people in the world... I mean, come on! The most famous finnish units are called Hakkapeelitta which roughly transaltes to "hack 'em to pieces". I mean COME ON! Although the MOST badass units are the Karoliner, of course. ;)

And, well, finnish people seem to have a strange fascination with knives... :confused:

Just to clarify finnish people aren't fascinated about knives. In reality I don't know where this information has come from. Mostly when I have heard about knife usage in Finland is when some Gipsys have had a brawl they are the ones that still might carry knives around. Still I haven't heard about those things in very long time either and I'm not saying all finnish Gipsys are knife carrying brawlers. Also I agree that Hakkapeliitta cavalry was great fighters as they were feared in Germany of their reputation as fierce fighters.