• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
L'Afrique said:
That would actually be an interesting game. Imagine that this horde shambles off East, and he forgets about it. You occasionally here of their progress as some Khanate collapses. Until one day... "Ming has collapsed!" Then, a century later, they turn up back in good old Germany, still attritionless.

It could make for an interesting mod. The trick would be making modding it so that just the zombie army had zero attrition and not every rebel army that spawns during the campaign.

Well, when France declared war on the Iroquois (look at the date) i thought i was safe. But somehow, and Iroquois spy crossed the Atlantic and did this!

eu31zw1.jpg

Somehow, France established colonies in the New World before 1500 with only the "Glorious Arms" NI. I'm baffled as to how they couldve gotten over there without the QFTNW idea.

Wolf52 said:
Well, when France declared war on the Iroquois (look at the date) i thought i was safe. But somehow, and Iroquois spy crossed the Atlantic and did this!

eu31zw1.jpg

Somehow, France established colonies in the New World before 1500 with only the "Glorious Arms" NI. I'm baffled as to how they couldve gotten over there without the QFTNW idea.

Spread of discoveries, most likely. It is funny when you see Native Americans sending their spies across the seas to Europe. Maybe there can be some kind of cost modifier on spy actions based on the distance of a capital province from the province where you are sending the spy? However, that could end up being a problem with the AIs new propensity to use spies. They might quickly end up depleting their coffers with say the Huron spending 200 ducats to infiltrate England's spy ring in London.

I highly doubt its spread of discoveries, because theyve had these colonies for at least 10 years now (date is 1488 on the screen i believe) so in the first 20 years of the game they went exploring and established colonies without QFTNW! I only very recently learned about a couple west african areas from map spread, but that was it. Surely something is amiss here? When i loaded my save about 10 years ago i saw the french had about 5 or 6 provinces controlled, and a bit later picked a fight with the Iroquois. They actually had bigger colonial holdings than England, Castille, or Portugal, who had actually adopted the QFTNW idea.

L'Afrique said:
Oh sweet Jesus. I didn't see the second zero...

Yeah, I had an army of 40,000 in the province and they instantly died. Said they were defeated by an army of -270790348 or something. It was actually pretty funny.

Luckily, I re-loaded the game and the rebels didn't show up after the missionary failed. And I edited the tax value back down to 9000 from 9000000 so I wouldn't see another 3 million man army. :\

A country assaulting its own capital...

meccaassaultzc5.jpg

(I made peace with them while they were assaulting the capital, which I had earlier captured. Neither their army nor their fortress were actually losing men after the peace.)

ElectricEel said:
A country assaulting its own capital...

<snip>

(I made peace with them while they were assaulting the capital, which I had earlier captured. Neither their army nor their fortress were actually losing men after the peace.)
Doesn’t that mean the assault will go on indefinitely? :rolleyes:

subscribing - I like funny pics, even of games I don't own.

The_Little_Guy said:
From Sea to Shining Sea! :rofl:

<snip>
Thats...odd... :eek:

china.jpg

Behold the Mighty AI China! Hated Throughout the World yet Their Ways Are Emulated Throughout the World.. and I'd like to point out that they did this by 1468 (not 1466 like I'd originally believed) without any NIs.

This was probably the best point for China, though.. because I made the Maldives then let it handsoff for 100 years and they hadn't grown further, yet Manchu had taken a good chunk out of them.

This' practically a public service announcement to conquerors since usually by 1568 AI Manchu's gone or next to nothing when dealing with AI China's use of their manpower... if Manchu ever gets into a war, that is. I think Manchu's right around the cusp for the size that the AI'll attack.

I'd post a picture of 1568.. but.. composite pics are a HUGE pain in EU3 now. >_<

Marshall Thomas said:
I've never seen "trade refusal" before. Are you playing a mod?

What? In my games AI always uses trade embargoes when at war.

EDIT: It seems that I missed your point. Observing the image a bit further I noticed that you meant the negative bonus from "trade refusal".

Last edited: