• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capibara said:
Everyone but England in the British Isles:
EU3_10.jpg
Certainly a good mix.

Capibara said:
Everyone but England in the British Isles:

Thats not strange for my games :(

France always declares war on England, England can't make peace and is eaten up by rebels

Curse you France! :(

Edit: Funnily, on that date, the 23rd of January is both mine and EUIIIs' birthday

Last edited:
Think of it this way: Those nationalists are actually pretenders to the government sometimes, and they go on to conquer all of the land that they claim and annex it. For example, Silesia had long been incorporated into the Polish empire via marriages and alliances and annexation. Then some Silesian nationalists decided that all of Poland belongs to them under the name of Silesia. So they made it happen.

lappishcardinalkv0.jpg

"Right, Adlesparre, welcome to the Vatican. Will you PLEASE stop whining about the cold now?"

rebelcooperationsu5.jpg

Nice to see rebels working together for a...well, not really a common cause, I would imagine those peasants don't want to see their country ripped apart. :p

bretonenglandom7.jpg

...WHAT.

(I really can't explain this one. There is a royal marriage after years of attempts, and relations are fairly good, although nothing amazing. England is still bigger and more powerful than Britanny, which comprises its core territory, three provinces in Ireland, a few provinces in Canada, and has as vassals a two-province Scotland (which probably merits a screenshot in itself. The Duchy of Scotland. Heh.) and a one-province Tyrone. England comprises the entirety of mainland Britain outside Lothian. Bizarre.

And yes. This does mean that every part of Britain asides from Orkney is ruled by Brittany. Celts win. :cool: )

piff133 said:
And I thought the funny part was going to be the floating cannon :rofl:

Everyone who's played Age of Empires 2 knows that that's a completly normal canon ship

I was amazed myself when I got this- usually I had hard time to drive military tradition above 40%. But here it is- cutting through european armies gave quite a lot of army tradition :) You should see the damage my troops make- 8k cavalry army cuts 0.5-2k of enemies per day :)

I'm not sure why Greece is actually not in Greece but on the Crimean peninsula, why Hungary has been going on an annexation spree in the Balkans/Romania, and why Naples which had most of Italy within 10 years of the game start fell apart and was conquered by Sicily of all things (with contribution from the Pope). Also of note are Swedish Nationalists which rebelled in Barcelona (just to the left of the screenshot), is that normal for EU3? I just started it, was mostly Victoria with some EU2 before.
EU3-1.png

Chingo said:
I'm not sure why Greece is actually not in Greece but on the Crimean peninsula, why Hungary has been going on an annexation spree in the Balkans/Romania, and why Naples which had most of Italy within 10 years of the game start fell apart and was conquered by Sicily of all things (with contribution from the Pope). Also of note are Swedish Nationalists which rebelled in Barcelona (just to the left of the screenshot), is that normal for EU3? I just started it, was mostly Victoria with some EU2 before.
EU3-1.png

Most of that is fairly typical, except for the swedish nationals.... Hungary often annexes the whole balkan peninsula, and the kaffa thing is actually historically accurate.