• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nimic said:
Right.

eu321lu1.jpg
orthodox zealots?

AugustusCaesar said:
orthodox zealots?

I'm not sure, actually. Is there an event that changes your religion, even across otherwise uncrossable lines? I took their only other province (and capital), and demanded it in the peace deal. I expected the culture change, but not the conversion :rofl:

I think orthodox zealots is a good guess; they didn't have an army.

If a one province nation collapses then their primary culture and state religion are set to those of their province.

EDIT: And, zealots can cause to switch to other religions in your religion group, IIRC. Though they most certainly can't convert you out of your religion group.

This is what happens when the world collectively decides to leave the Incas alone until the 17th century.

Behold the Animist Monarchy of Peru.
rbw6te.jpg

I *was* happily dividing North America between myself (light blue) and Great Britain, then I happened to get them in a personal union under me, and...
2zz1d86.jpg

6timmr.jpg

(It's a custom nation and I'm playing with annex=yes off for pagans, in case anyone is wondering why the native americans still seem to be around)

Last edited:
What country were you playing?

And is that Granada owning all of South America?

Yes, that is indeed a renamed Granada owning all of South America. I'm playing as Aquitaine turned into a French-Basque union.

The setup is a bit different because its a game carried over from CK.

Awesome, I've always wanted to play a CK-->EU game.

So let me guess, that big blue blob in Central Asia is the il-Khanate or something?

Nope, that's Georgia. The il-Khanate survived CK, but as a tribal they didn't do so well in EU3.

Wiz said:
Nope, that's Georgia.
I think that's the most surprising thing of all. :wacko:

Russia's a mess mostly owned by foreign powers, so someone's gotta step up to the plate and civilize Siberia, no? Might as well be Georgia!

That seems to occur very often - I have seen Congo getting Kashmir once in a game, and screenshots before in this thread, actually. It's the makings of pagan religious rebels.

Okay, so we've had an Orthodox Bulgarian Papal State and a Sunni papacy of Astrakhan. What's next? :D

EDIT: Maybe there should be an event that changes the religion/government of these crazy countries.

Haftetavenscrap said:
Not the pic I posted on the bottom of page 250. I captured Orissa's only province, giving me a warscore of 1.5% against Deva Bengal. Their ships were forced to sail out of the harbour, where they blockaded their own province (under my control), giving me a -25% warscore against Deva Bengal. What sense does it make to lose nearly 20x the warscore you gain from having a occupied province blockaded? :wacko:

Yes.

If you go into the government.txt file in the commons folder and change valid_for_new_country = yes to valid_for_new_country = no in "papal_government", rebellions off the Pope won't result in more Popes (not sure what the government type will be).

This is why defections from Empires aren't also Empires.

Bohemian Empire

My Bohemian Empire in 1804...how much longer do i have till its game over? i never reached the end timeline before in a game
eu3mapboh18047id9.png

eu3mapboh18047azq0.png

sorry about the size...i know realise why pictures should be resized

Last edited: