• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duke of Wellington said:
How common is it for colonial nations to take over parts of Europe in IN?
Not very. At least for me. I've only seen that in here.

how does a colonial nation take over the parent nation? I simply dont see how it happens. Im amazed that portugal fell apart, usually it has so many colonies.

JT121 said:
how does a colonial nation take over the parent nation? I simply dont see how it happens. Im amazed that portugal fell apart, usually it has so many colonies.

Portugal still exists. They moved their capital to Santee (North America) in the 16th century, and expanded greatly there. They then lost their actual Portuguese holdings to Castille, who then got racked by revolts. Haiti has Portuguese culture, so you get the point.

Here's a view of that game in 1698. (I'm Byzantium) As you can see Portugal did pretty well in NA. That light green in SA is Paraguay, scattered across the continent. Mexico is owned by Aragon, and Haiti's capital can be seen on the Eastcoast of the US as well. By now the Haitian holdings in Spain are all but gone.

1695ld5.jpg

Last edited:
JT121 said:
how many nations are in India? It looks like a tie-dye shirt!
It seems that Paradox's efforts to reduce blobbing are effective :cool:. In my NA experience, India almost always got conquered by Vijayanagar or Rajputana.

Ive seen many scarieir frances- reaching Berlin, Gibralter, and Orkney. As well as scary American Empire. Then the Nyzantines (jme) came along. as many warsa as possible in 100 years. they became a 3 province minor. And the Roman Empire was reborn.

Duke of Wellington said:
Who colonised them?

I'm not sure, being out of the latin tech group for a while (took me too long to Westernize, to be honest). Their capital is one of the Caribbean islands, in any case. Barbados, maybe. I've also got a Welsh (culture) Haiti on Cuba.

Maybe someone colonized the provinces, they somehow got different religion to their mother land (either mother land changed religion, or province did), they defected to a similar minded country in the middle of Europe with Rheinlaender, revolted and formed a Protestant Rheinlaender Venezuela, then a rebellious Switzerland defected to them for having the same culture?

Just a theory :rofl:

what is that I hear, you guys want more of my swiss game. OK!! :cool:

eu318newyb3.jpg

The AI can do sea invasions :eek:

eu319newxz7.jpg

18 years, old smokey dokey :eek:

eu320newrn8.jpg

Bah there is no more competition in income.

Note: I took two provinces from Burgundy. Savorie, and Nice. I needed a port to trade in places like Alexandria. So I am not a two province minor anymore :(

Usually the ones who invades England is France, not Burgundy

Nimic said:
comagoosie, I suggest you make this into an AAR if you plan on posting frequent updates ;)
+1

Teach us your genious ways! :D

Yes!!!!!!!! 5000!!!

Anyways, here's a rather broken warscore:
EU3_46.jpg

And a rather broken event:
EU3_53.jpg